PDA

View Full Version : Deadcell or Foxhound? *spoilers!*

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Sorry if this has been done before ^_^;;

So, which crazy over the top terrorist group did you like more? The mercenaries of Fox Hound or the side show freaks of Dead Cell? (lol)

I liked Foxhound MUCH more, there were more members of the group (more bosses to fight, yay) And the names were much better, I mean, Fatman? I know it's named after a nuke, but still, it sounds lame XD Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis not only all sound like Megaman X bosses (lol sorry), but the names are just plain cooler! Foxhound was also much more skilled in combat IMO, and they were much harder to defeat. (on extreme anyway) but that's not to say that Deadcell was lame, they were very cool, but they just didn't have the natural charm of Foxhound ^_^

merylsilverburg
May 25th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Oh, I love FOXHOUND so much more. There were so many enemies that were so much more cooler and, like you said, more skilled. My favorites would have to be Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, and Vulcan Raven. Really, they're all terrific. Dead Cell's enemies were....okay. The only one I found challenging was Vamp, but that's probably because we never really got to fight against Fortune. Fatman was annoying. So, yes FOXHOUND has my vote. ;)

Lone Wolf
May 27th, 2002, 05:52 PM
To be frank, FOX-HOUND was clearly better. I mean they had a more diversified group. I mean really, who can mess with the telepath? The way you beat him was cheap so you know he would be impossible for anybody. Sniper, Marksman, Imposter, psychic and Shaman. I think they would rock Dead Cell. Bomb guy, 'vampire' and lucky chick. Pretty whack when you look at them. Even their leaders the Snakes, I think Liquid would whipe the floor with Solidus on an up and up fight.

MakgSnake
May 28th, 2002, 05:52 PM
(Spoilers May Be Included) Well Foxhound Was Great.....But At The Same Time DEADCELL Were Amazing. I Agree, Foxhound Had More Members (Means More Bossfights-Not To Mention, Fighting Liquid 100 Times) But Then Again If U See The REAL Logic Behind Both Members, DeadCells Seems More Logical And Well MindBlowing.

Ok Mantis Gave Us A Great BOSSFIGHT, But Defeating Mantis Was A State Of The ART Boss Fight Ever Shown In A VideoGame.

Ocelot In MGS1 Was Bogus (When It Comes To Fighting Him) And He Wasn't Developed That WELL In The Game. SniperWolf Was A Good Character, After All She Was Snake's Step Mother IN A WAY.

If U See DEADCELL........ There Is VAMP, Who Just Wont DIE At All, Fortune, Who U CANT HIT With Anything, Solidus Who Can Take DOWN THREE Metal Gear RAYS In 1 Minute. We Have An Amazing TEAM. Dont Forget That DEADCELL Contained Many Other Members Too Which Didn't Make It To The GAME. :(

Ok I Also Dont Like FATMAN, But He Was There Is Warm The Kid Up Only. And I Liked His Accent. If U See Fortune's BackGround, She Is One HELL Of An Amazing Character And The Way She Develops In The GAME, Its Sweet Though VERY Sad!.! Same Goes For VAMP.

I Remember We Had A Thread With The Name DEADCELL Vs FoxHound. I Cant Remember Who WON In That THREAD. But I Do Think DeadCell Have More Chances.

Frozen
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:25 PM
IMO Deadcell members were not just "okay" They were awsome. They all had their charm and, although not much of a challenge as in MGS, still were real cool. Fatman was the funniest character. Fortune, ah, I didn't like her that much as she wasn't skilled at all, just had high tech equipment... but then Vamp was so awsome!!! I really liked his way of being so cinic and the moves he used. And Solidus, well, not as cool as Liquid, but still, he was real cool, so freakign strong, and the swords battle was just superb.

But, now that we talk about FOXHOUND..... they are my favorites as well. not only all of them were pretty skilled in their stuff, but their personalities were pretty cool as well. Specially Psycho Mantis. Damn, that guy was so cool, and the first time I fought against him he was so difficult!

And I just love the way Liquid is always calling Solid "brother" and how Snake gets pissed from that.

Now, would you imagine Deadcell and FOXHOUND working together? (no way it could happen, but just imagine how unbeatable they would be. )

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Both teams had really cool members...

I really like both of them, but in a way, they are quite different.
It seemed to me like the members of FOXHOUND were more like a 'team' than the members of Deadcell, which seemed to keep secrets from each other a lot more...

The only thing I have 'against' Deadcell is the fact that there was so few members ! Makg, can you tell us again which characters were cut-out of the game ?

At least they kept Vamp and he's awesome ! I'm just not too sure about that whole 'bi' thing. :disturb:

RobHardo
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:54 PM
hhhmmmm, I'd be a FoxHound operative. might be more fun than hangin with those freaks. haha no offense to those who choose dead cell

MakgSnake
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
hhhmmmm, I'd be a FoxHound operative. might be more fun than hangin with those freaks. haha no offense to those who choose dead cell
I AM Offended...... As I Take Myself To Be ONE OF The DEADCELLS That Never Made It To The Game. How Dare U Call Me A Freak.......U Ocelot!.! U Should Die By The HAND OF Solid Snake. That Is Me!.!

BlackThornn
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:45 PM
FOXHOUND was about a thousand times cooler than Dead Cell.. Simple as that, really. There seemed to just be more effort put into the implementation of FOXHOUND and there was more history to them. Plus the stories revolving around FOXHOUND had that whole internal/external both conflicted feel.. Dead Cell didn't even make sense until halfway through Sons of Liberty. And they never even explained why the hell Vamp could do all that stuff. Yah, he drank blood, so he might have a taste for it, yah he's Bi.. big deal? Why does a bullet to the head NOT KILL THE BASTARD? Why can he run on water and jump 50 feet and all that crap? :frust:

Of course that's just my opinion.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Funny thing is....
When I first came onto this forum way back wen I wrote a Fan Fiction story about this FOXHOUND VS. DEAD CELL. Remember that MakG? Thats how I met you, you told me to put it in the Fan Fiction section cause it was prety good. That was before the site fell and erased all our post , lol, the good ol' days!

Well anyways, in that story I had the two teams do battle on an abondoned oil rig and in the end.........Foxhound won. All onthe account of just of their abilities and their leadership........I mean who can beat the crafty-ness of Liquid Snake?