PDA

View Full Version : Summons: What's your fave name?

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:10 PM
Gaurdian Forces, Eidolons, or Aeons???

Also, would you rather control the summons like in FF10, or summon the beasts in for one big attack?

Pu the Owl
May 23rd, 2002, 08:20 PM
I didn't like very much the system of FFX, using Aeons like real characters during battles.

Mmmm, about the name...I don't particularly like any of them, but I think the worst is Guardian Forces :D

happy_doughnut
May 23rd, 2002, 08:28 PM
Hmm...well, my favorite name was in fact Guardian Forces.
It's just sounds more...-mystical-. :D

Yeah, I didn't like the way FFX had their Aeons. I think it's just better to summon them and have them perform a single attack.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
Ya i like the single attack sumons too... But the controlable Aeons were cool and innovative...

IcyMourdor
May 23rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
I like the name I always call them. Summons. I don't say GF or Aeons. I just refer to all things like that as summons.

I prefer to have the creature with one attack and non-controlable. They always seemed more powerful and had less character weakness.

kupoartist
May 24th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Espers duh! It sounds kind of like futuristic magicy stuff... like calling magic "Psionics"

Sword 4 Hire
May 24th, 2002, 04:37 PM
At home I refer to them as "Da Beasts!"

But I prefer the name Summon

Am I the only one who enjoyed contollable Aeons. It added an all new sense of strategy to the battle system, and it was damn cool to be able to control Aeons like Bahamut or Ifrit!

DreamSharpShooter
May 24th, 2002, 08:51 PM
i prefer the name summon
respect to FFX system, i like it, cuz u can set wut summons can be more powuerful or skillful than others...u can choose ur favorurite summon
but maybe there is a better system for summons, not the one attack uncontrolable or the very controlable summon, somethng in the middle will be the perfect sysytem i guess

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 10:19 PM
I just call them Summons, it's a universal term, hehe ^_^. I much prefer the uncontrollable summons, actually controlling the summons in FFX just didn't feel right to me