PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM: US Navy Seals

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 01:17 PM
Judging this game from previews and the demo disc from OPM, i think this game is gonna kick so much arse. I love speacial forces and this game is gonna very realistic. It's coming packaged with a USB hedset that lets you give commands to your seal team and can be used in online play, that sounds so awesome... This game is another reason why i need to cough up $40 for the network adapter this August. Who is also looking forward to this game?

Mercury Shadow
May 23rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
No one seems to be interested in this brilliant game here, rufus. I posted a thread a couple weeks ago on SOCOM and only Blackthornn showed interest. I watched the feature they had on the OPM demo disc and it blew me away. I can't wait, but I won't be playing online, just single player.

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 06:49 PM
i have never played online but i would love to socom looks awsome and re:online looks awsome.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:30 PM
Yes Mercury the OPM behind the scenes blew me away as well... I think this game might be a Rogue Spear killer, what do you think?

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7
Yes Mercury the OPM behind the scenes blew me away as well... I think this game might be a Rogue Spear killer, what do you think? i think this game will be like rainbow six which is awsome game plus i never had the chance to play a game like this online.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:53 PM
I definately like a first person perspective over third person... But for Socom... I think they went with the right view. Third Person is def. better for a stealthy game like socom... Kinda like what third person does for MGS.

Mercury Shadow
May 24th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Yeah, exactly like MGS2. I loved the way you could go into a first person view in MGS2 by holding down R1. I wish you could do that with SOCOM.

Also, I read that in SOCOM, you'll only be able to hold 2 main weapons at a time. That means 1 pistol, and 1 kick ass weapon such as a sniper rifle or assault rifle. Of course grenades and knifes are different.

Rufus, I think this will kill most war games in general :D