PDA

View Full Version : Silent hill 3

Uchiha Sasuke
May 22nd, 2002, 09:51 PM
Well its in the works

E3 2002: Silent Hill 3 Uncloaked
Konami gets creepy again with new characters and storyline. First shots and details.

May 21, 2002 - The strange horror that is Silent Hill has been put on the fast track as the Konami KCE Tokyo development team has conjured up a brand new storyline with entirely new characters for Silent Hill 3, which Konami America announced today.

Featuring the eerie atmosphere introduced in the original PlayStation game, Silent Hill, and perfected with fantastic graphics, character models, and dark, disturbing images, Silent Hill 3 promises to bring gamers to new and unchartered regions of the human psyche.

Following what appears to be the vague formula that originated with Alone on the Dark, and made famous by Resident Evil, Silent Hill 3 comprises puzzles, slow exploration, frightening encounters, and a complex (if not entirely logical) storyline.

At the Dolby Theater in Burbank on Tuesday, the day before E3, Konami showed us a collage of movies scenes from Silent Hill 3 that looked very much like Silent Hill 2. What was most promising here was the addition of a machine gun. Yes, skip the plank with a nail in it, and bring in the machine guns, baby.

The weapons in Silent Hill 3 promise to be far more dangerous and powerful, and the enemies that attack your character look to be larger and more numerous. Remember Pyramid Head and the freaky doll creatures with legs for hands? Expect to see lots of similar freaks, caustic and grotesque creatures attacking you in various sized environments.

In Silent Hill 3, the new lead character is a young woman with short blond hair that appears confused and lost (surprise, she's in Silent Hill!), and she finds that a horde of unspeakably frightening creatures are rising up to take over the "paradise." The storyline was very vague, and basically the movie only showed off a select few scenes of machine gun combat, a strange female woman who spouted Biblical phrases, and some dark, dark images of doll-like creatures squirming around in disturbing, disturbing ways.

Konami did not reveal any new characters, any storyline details, or any other pertinent items of discussion in this early release. Konami announced that Silent Hill 3 will appear on PlayStation 2 (sometime) in 2003.

Infernal Mass
May 22nd, 2002, 10:07 PM
The game is deffinately going into my library

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/playstation2/silenthill3/sh3_thumb001.jpg
this creature looks identical to the ones hanging from the floor in SH2..only this ones seems to be walking

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/playstation2/silenthill3/sh3_thumb002.jpg

Uchiha Sasuke
May 22nd, 2002, 10:12 PM
I dont know why but i find those pics very disturbing.Hay kabuki can you get the one where the monster is knawing on that guy on the floor.

Infernal Mass
May 22nd, 2002, 10:26 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/playstation2/silenthill3/sh3_thumb003.jpg

they use alot of dark and pale colors, rather that the bright ones found in games like Super Mario bros. it helps highten the mood of the game.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 23rd, 2002, 06:37 AM
From the looks of the pics it looks like there taking the grain affect out.

Infernal Mass
May 23rd, 2002, 01:13 PM
It does look alot clearer..the grain effect never really bothered me in Sh2, it sorta added to the mood of the game. i hope this next silent hill is longer than it's predecessors.

Hylas
May 24th, 2002, 11:33 AM
After Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2, I don't know if I'll be able to play Silent Hill 3. I love the preceding games, but the were so disturbing! I couldn't play for more than 30 mins, because I was so scared! The atmosphere of SH games is really unbearable sometimes!

Black Heart
May 24th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico
The game is deffinately going into my library

It's the same for me! I'm sure this game is a must buy!

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 11:39 PM
I've already seen pics of the game, it's awesome!! Yet ANOTHER great game for the PS2 announced this year!! It looks nice and creepy, RE-style. I'm gonna have to pick this one up, since I missed out on SH1 and 2. The graphics look REALLY good though...

Infernal Mass
May 24th, 2002, 11:58 PM
It's going to be interesting to see new parts of he town in this next Silent hill. From what i saw in the trailer, most of the in game sequences took place in a sort of subway setting. There was a Diner though as in the orginal Silent Hill.

The Skum
May 25th, 2002, 10:49 AM
that looks good! and scary!!! that guy being eaten looks a lot like James from SH2! Just my opinion...