PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 : The Invisible War

kupoartist
May 21st, 2002, 01:38 PM
IGN have just had a nice look-see at this one, and It certainly sounds even better than the original:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/360/360040p1.html

- And Paul Denton is most certainly alive and kicking in the sequel: Yay!

Note:Ign are Ign, and may make the article part of their Insider subscribers thingy if they're feeling nasty, so have a lookie right now ^_^

Infernal Mass
May 21st, 2002, 11:11 PM
That game looks great..thanks for the info. I have yet to play the first game..i hear it's a FPS w/ RPG elements thrown in.

Beretta55
May 21st, 2002, 11:17 PM
it looks neat cool stuff.

JC Denton
May 22nd, 2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

- And Paul Denton is most certainly alive and kicking in the sequel: Yay!

he is in it yeh!
it looks really good, i dont know about better than the first, we will have to see what the storyline is really like,

how many different endings will this one have!
i dont know wheather the cairo level will work?
two questions
1) are they keeping the same views?
2)will they include new augs and skills?

still, i will get it, straight away, i might have to get a new computer to play it though, does anyone know the minimum system needed? or geuss at it?

kupoartist
May 22nd, 2002, 03:18 PM
Its all in the preview, but its pretty heavy going so i dont blame you ^_^

Not sure what you mean by "Views" but lets just put it this way: It'll still be First-Person, but the inventory etc. is supposed to be a little more easier to work with. Warren's problem with the original (PC) was that it had too many different screens for everything. Personally I'd like to see the kind of thing that was in System Shock 2 (1 button opens "Use Mode" where you can open and close lots of MFD screens that guve you the info.) But he seems to hint at the simplified system in the PS2 version of DE1.

As for augs, there will be many new ones, including many "Black market" augs that whilst very useful, have various side effects.

And BTW, you dont play JC no more, but he's still alive. Also there was quite a lot of mention of Tracer Tong in the preview, so it kind of sounds like the "Blow-Up Area 51" ending, though I can't be sure with somthing as complex as a Warren Spector Story.

Qjij_jijQ
May 22nd, 2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it does look like a cool game... Thanks for the info !

BTW, did you know that Deus Ex Machina means God in the machine ?

JC Denton
May 27th, 2002, 03:21 PM
so who is the bady, do mj12 come back with some new leadership or do we get something new. or did i just not read the preview propaly again?

kupoartist
May 27th, 2002, 03:55 PM
the offical site, www.deusex2.com set the situation a little diferently... its seems that there are many different people in influence (including religous fanatics, so no change there ^_^) and in short it seems to definatly err, to the "Area 51 go bang bang ending"

JC Denton
May 29th, 2002, 03:13 PM
hmmm.. style of the screen(icons ect.) looks different, graphics looks great though.

shame about that ending, best one to do though i suppose easiest to start a new game from and probably most interesting. But not the best to finish the first with.

what was your favourite ending on one?, i liked the merging with helios the best,

kupoartist
May 29th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Yeah I liked the Helios one, but I think i prefered the "Blow-up Area 51" ending anyway... Think i was far more attached to Tong etc. than the Illuminati or Daedalus/Icarus/Helios

JC Denton
May 29th, 2002, 03:26 PM
the illuminati ending was dodgey, i sort of swaped one group of bad guys for another group of guys who would have probably gone bad anyway, like all revoulutions do, thats why i like the game so much because it has so many levels to it, you can play it at face value of you can look deeper and find alot of things that are currently going on at the moment alot of conspiracy theorys held by people today or things happend in the past, or things that could happen. For instance many people think that some sort of illuminati does already exist, an invisible hand guiding the world.
it is a deep game.

anyway, i didnt think the blow up the comuter systems was very good either, because it is a bit of a harsh solutionwhich has many side affects (if you were to take it seriously) ofcourse the game isn't real. But i thought that i didn't feel very rewarding to play the game and then blow up all computer systems , i dont know why?

o well, all the endings were good, except dieing which isn't a good ending.

Ice Cold
Jun 1st, 2002, 02:28 AM
I have just play deus ex on my PC and loved it!!!:happy:

Unfortunatly after thinking i got a great deal on the game I found it was just a demo disc. I don't know how close the PS2 version is to the PC, but it is even close I'm gona buy it!

JC Denton
Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:10 PM
the ps2 version isn't nearly as good, the graphics and everything are much worse, and they had to simplfy other things to, i would advise you play the full version on the pc.

AsylumEscapee
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:31 AM
I just cant imagine playing Deus Ex on my PS2. Nor can I hope to play Deus Ex 2 on my fossil of a computer.