PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

Uchiha Sasuke
May 19th, 2002, 05:59 PM
I finally got to play this gem and let me say its awesome.The pre rendered backrounds and the character models blend perfectly.The cheesy dialouge is now gone and is redone.They have a brand new CG animated opening scene.Lets see as for new gameplay elements there are a few that make the game stand out too.You can now pick up defensive weapons to fend off your enemy when they attack you,which means you dont have to recieve damage everytime a zombie gets ahold of you.Another interesting thing is the crimson zombie which are quite devilish i may add.After you kill a zombie they have a chance to go crimson which in short makes them super.They can run and have 3 times the strenght they had before.Of course capcom incorporated a thing to keep them from going crimson.You can set the zombies on fire with kerosine and a trust lighter,which is quite exciting :evil:.Theres also some new enemy and one similar to the nemesis but im not going to go into to that.The game will last you about 7-10 hours depending on what stuff you do and dont do.Theres 10 different endings.But all and all if you want a reason to get a GC heres a good one,it has me convinced.Any question just post.

Harry
May 19th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah, this is another incredible game and I'd like to point out that:

1. I'm not a big fan of the RE series
2. I'm not a big fan of prerendered backgrounds

But this game looks awesome, and when you see what those guys at Capcom can do with pre-rendered backgrounds you can perfectly understand why they decided to keep on working and re-working on them for years. It looks just real, and that's great.

And thanks to god, they've deleted forever that awful introductory movie featured in the original RE! I remember the first time I saw it I laughed for the whole day. Well, I'm still laughing. The new RE is a more mature game, Mikami did an incredible work here.

merylsilverburg
May 19th, 2002, 07:37 PM
I'm also not a big fan of the RE series, but when I first saw previews of the game in mags, man....I was intrigued. :shock: The game looks really great and I would like to try it out....but survival horror ain't my thing and I saw this one picture where a shark crashes through a wooden bridge and I'm like "Whoa...no!" :laugh: Spiders too....aaah...a very bad thing. :(

Beretta55
May 19th, 2002, 08:02 PM
the games not the hard depends if you know what you are doing. the shark part is cool i just let my self get eaten by the big shark to see what it is like and the spiders take about three or four shots of your pistol. i think you would enjoy it and plus its not that scary just jumpey.

merylsilverburg
May 19th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by baretta55
the games not the hard depends if you know what you are doing. the shark part is cool i just let my self get eaten by the big shark to see what it is like and the spiders take about three or four shots of your pistol. i think you would enjoy it and plus its not that scary just jumpey.

Well, that's the thing. The whole "jumpy" factor is kind of what makes my heart stop and then I die. :P :laugh: Not only that, but I'm arachnophobic, so the spiders thing....OMG....don't get me started. :laugh:

Beretta55
May 19th, 2002, 08:13 PM
im scared of spiders like none other but i know its just a game and it will never scare me (oh my god a zombie me yelling and footsteps running away) the jumpey facter does get you but the monsters in the game wont jump out of the screen and get you. so there is nothing to be scared of.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 19th, 2002, 08:29 PM
The games jump factor isnt too bad its just everything up to it that gets me.Meryl you should really try it.Even if you dont like survival horror its still a great game

Mercury Shadow
May 20th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I'm also not a big fan of the RE series, but when I first saw previews of the game in mags, man....I was intrigued. :shock: The game looks really great and I would like to try it out....but survival horror ain't my thing and I saw this one picture where a shark crashes through a wooden bridge and I'm like "Whoa...no!" :laugh: Spiders too....aaah...a very bad thing. :(

Exactly the same with me, I dislike the RE series but this game grabbed my attention and I may buy it when I get my GC. and of course, same with the spiders :D

Neo_Soldier28
May 20th, 2002, 10:54 AM
I saw the game played this weekend at my friends house and let me say dang that is a really sweet game well worth checking out.

Beretta55
May 20th, 2002, 05:24 PM
i read gameinformer and it got a 9.25 just letting everybody know.

merylsilverburg
May 21st, 2002, 01:01 PM
Alright, alright, I'll try it out when I get the chance. I still have to decide whether or not I'm getting a GC or not....

GaseousSnake
May 21st, 2002, 06:31 PM
You can never go wrong with this GEM

Uchiha Sasuke
May 21st, 2002, 06:35 PM
Yeah as soon as i get my GC im going to get RE and shoot to get the invisible enemy mode and the one dangerous zombie mode.Man i cant wait to play those extra modes.

Beretta55
May 21st, 2002, 07:19 PM
i heard the suicide zombie mode is the hardest cause they say he always shows up at the wrong time and even a stary bullet will set him off.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 21st, 2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by baretta55
i heard the suicide zombie mode is the hardest cause they say he always shows up at the wrong time and even a stary bullet will set him off.

Exactly.I can't wait to play that mode it sound like so much fun.Too bad i didnt have the game long enough to unlock it.

Esjay
May 26th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah, this game looks incredible, and I'd buy it in an instant if I had a Gamecube....*sigh* I guess I'll never play this great game...but then again, we're getting RE online, so it's all good ^_^. The RE remake does look very impressive though, and the coolest extra feature for the game IMO is being able to get the Samurai Edge (was mentioned in RE3)

Indrid Cold
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Reisdent evil is a scary game, Zombies coming near, and suck people's blood, man i hate that!!!

I always die...
ANyway the games cool too..

GaseousSnake
Jun 10th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Solid Snake14
Reisdent evil is a scary game, Zombies coming near, and suck people's blood, man i hate that!!!

I always die...
ANyway the games cool too..

If RE is scary,what will you call eternal darkness

Uchiha Sasuke
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Resident Evil isnt a scary games.Its more shocking.And eternal darkness is just going to be creepy in my book.

Beretta55
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:19 PM
sssnake is right its not scarey it just makes you jump like when a hunter jiumped out of nowhere i jumed so its jumpy those are my two cents:laugh:

synicalgohan91
Mar 30th, 2003, 02:59 PM
I agree with u sssnake the game really isn't that scary it would be more shocking then anything else. But the resident evil for gamecube w as pretty f**ked up. The part that really got me is that coughin the is hanging. i knew u would have to fight someone in it.

MakgSnake
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Well I would say, Resident Evil 3 wasn't scary as it was more of an Action/Survival Horror. But RE And RE.Zero for GameCube are scary games. I mean.........doesn't the locales creep you out, wherever you are. The graphics being so real...and the music. And man those RUNNING ZOMBIES!!! :shock:

As for Eternal Darkness, its creepy but it all comes down how you may think of it. If you are going to let the game control, IT WILL control you and make you go crazy and insane. Its a great great game.

synicalgohan91
May 29th, 2003, 11:25 PM
i love playing resident evil games especially the first one man i just loved the storyline in that game it just flows together. the characters are cool. ( wesker, chris ) i have recently started reading the resident evil booms by S.D. Perry the details in those books were just awsome. if u like resident evil i really recomend picking up those books.

MakgSnake
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:23 PM
I would love to get that book man, infact I would love to buy all the Resi books, only if I could find them at "Chapters" or "Indigo" infact I'll try searching for them.