Infernal Mass
May 18th, 2002, 09:41 AM
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/img/db/gamelogos/123_timesplitters2.gif

trailer link : http://www.eidosinteractive.com/downloads/search.html?gmid=123

Genre: First Person Action-Adventure
Platform: PS2
September 2002

Summary:

The evil race of TimeSplitters are traveling back into human history authoring events that are leading to the enslavement of mankind.

In Control of a motley crew of renegade characters you must hunt down the TimeSplitters across time in historical eras like the gangster- Ridden 1920’S, the lush jungles of Aztec temples, soviet military installations of the cold war and Futuristic robot factories in space.

To end the evil plot of the TimeSplitters, seek and recover the crystals required to seal the rift in time. The Fate of humanity is in your hands.

Features:
Delivers an involved single player and co-operative story mode, featuring a complex narrative with multiple objective-based episodes and superbly animated cut-scenes.

The game engine has been extensively upgraded to accommodate bigger environments and special graphical effects while staying true to the distinctively smooth, break-neck paced action that TimeSplitters is known for.

Multiplayer mayhem is back, extending carnage possibilities with link support allowing multiple consoles to be joined together.

Blast your way through time with entirely new weapons or steroid upgrades of the original arsenal.

The unique MapMaker has been greatly enhanced opening up even more potential to the advanced gamer looking for customizable game scenarios.

Players
1-4 Players (up to 16 online)

Developer
Free Radical Design

Ages
Teen

Uchiha Sasuke
May 19th, 2002, 09:44 PM
All i can say is SWEET!One question though is the game only network compatible on the ps2 version or is network compatible on all the systems.

Infernal Mass
May 20th, 2002, 07:04 PM
TIMESPLITTERS 2 TAKES IT ONLINE WITH THE PLAYSTATION®2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM AT THE ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO
Get blown away in online mayhem at PlayStation®2 E3 booth #2416 West Hall and Eidos booth #1300 South Hall on May 21

Los Angeles, CA, Electronic Entertainment Expo, (May 20, 2002) -- Eidos Interactive, one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today announced that the highly anticipated, action/adventure game TimeSplitters 2 is confirmed to support PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system’s online technology. In addition, the game will be showcased in the dedicated PlayStation 2 online themed area during E3. TimeSplitters 2 is currently under development by Free Radical Design of Nottingham, England and is scheduled to release with full online support in Fall 2002.

During E3, gamers can experience the first-person thrills and action of TimeSplitters 2 in the PlayStation 2 online themed area. Gamers will have the opportunity to battle online multiplayer style with opponents at a separate remote location. TimeSplitters 2 further extends its multiplayer possibilities with I-Link support allowing multiple consoles and players to be linked together.

"We are very pleased that TimeSplitters 2 is one of the selected titles dedicated to showcasing the PlayStation 2 system’s online technology at E3,” says Paul Baldwin, vice president of marketing at Eidos Interactive. "The original TimeSplitters is still recognized as offering the best multiplayer experience on the PlayStation 2, so it comes as no surprise that the sequel will extend that multiplayer brilliance online."

“TimeSplitters 2 is an ideal property to take online and we are pleased to have the title exclusively on the PlayStation 2 platform," said Andrew House, senior vice president, Sony Computer Entertainment America. “Eidos has captured the spirit of the console-based, first-person shooter experience, and the addition of multi-player online gaming adds a new dimension to the product. We feel that fans of this genre will be pleased with the advancements presented in TimeSplitters 2.”

TimeSplitters 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed, first-person shooter TimeSplitters. The game boasts a highly involved single player and co-operative story modes, featuring complex narratives with multiple objective-based episodes and superbly animated cut-scenes. The game engine has been extensively upgraded to accommodate bigger, incredibly detailed environments and special effects, while still providing the distinctively smooth, fast-paced action that the series is known for. TimeSplitters 2 offers a completely rewritten animation system incorporating inverse kinematics bringing even more lifelike and dynamic movement to a new collection of motley renegade characters.

=======================

“TimeSplitters 2 is an ideal property to take online and we are pleased to have the title exclusively on the PlayStation 2 platform," said Andrew House, senior vice president, Sony Computer Entertainment America. :shock:

Uchiha Sasuke
May 20th, 2002, 07:28 PM
So its exclusive to the ps2 because i heard that its going to GC and xbox or is that just the online options that they are talking about.

Infernal Mass
May 20th, 2002, 07:41 PM
I think it's the online options...not sure really. Eidos is however very supportive of the Sony's console.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 20th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Well personally i cant wait.The instant the game comes out me and my friends are going to get a copy and hook up our ps2 and have some 16 player wars.

Beretta55
May 20th, 2002, 09:03 PM
yes i get to kill more people then 3.

RufusFF7
May 22nd, 2002, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah berretta?? Well if you be playin' wit' me online, then i be kicking your ass!!! BWahahah!:laugh:

Beretta55
May 22nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7
Oh yeah berretta?? Well if you be playin' wit' me online, then i be kicking your ass!!! BWahahah!:laugh:
then its a match i will kick your ass 3 ways from sunday homes jk jk. it will take mewhile to be online but when i get on i will destory you:laugh:

RufusFF7
May 22nd, 2002, 09:18 PM
No actually i'm the best TS player in the world... so... that means you lose!! hahaha :laugh:

Beretta55
May 22nd, 2002, 09:23 PM
well when the time comes bring it i will look forward to destorying you man.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 01:09 PM
On the contrary... I shall strike you down like cobra!! :laugh:

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 04:20 PM
On the contrary... I shall strike you down like cobra!! :laugh: (lile MR.T) i pity the fool who will face me i will strike you down fool:laugh:

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:27 PM
Well i wasn't thinking of Mr. t... I was actually thining of CKY. Did you ever watch any of the CKy videos??? Ya know... Bam Margera!!!

Beretta55
May 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
Well i wasn't thinking of Mr. t... I was actually thining of CKY. Did you ever watch any of the CKy videos??? Ya know... Bam Margera!!! hmmm.......i might have but can you tell me what cky stands for and maybe i will know.

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:59 PM
OMG dude... I can't remember what it stands for... I'll get back to you on that. haha.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 04:44 PM
CKY stands for Camp-Kill-Yourself I think

I've been eagerly awaiting the second Timeplitters game, and now that I know it'll be online, I'm even more excited. This is gonna be a GREAT year for the PS2

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Esjay
CKY stands for Camp-Kill-Yourself I think

I've been eagerly awaiting the second Timeplitters game, and now that I know it'll be online, I'm even more excited. This is gonna be a GREAT year for the PS2 i will strike you down in online play homes jk jk:laugh:

RufusFF7
May 26th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Damn man... Ya just don't understand how much i'll kill u in TS2(jk)... I WILL STRIKE U DOWN LIKE COBRA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Damn man... Ya just don't understand how much i'll kill u in TS2(jk)... I WILL STRIKE U DOWN LIKE COBRA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: your asking for a beating homes jk jk:laugh:

Esjay
May 26th, 2002, 06:29 PM
*ahem* actually I think I'll be the one that will be handing out beatings to both of you...just wait till this game comes out...hehehehehe j/k ^_^;;

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 10:37 PM
*ahem* actually I think I'll be the one that will be handing out beatings to both of you...just wait till this game comes out...hehehehehe j/k ^_^;; i will beat you down int that game man if i could in the game i would beat you witha leadpipe jk jk:laugh:

Esjay
May 26th, 2002, 11:00 PM
*ahem* if this game is anything like GoldenEye then I will likely beat everyone down, since I am the one and only master of Goldeneye, heh...

we'll just have to wait and see

Zantetsuken
May 27th, 2002, 01:41 AM
when the time comes you will all be target practice.:laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
May 27th, 2002, 12:31 PM
*ahem* if this game is anything like GoldenEye then I will likely beat everyone down, since I am the one and only master of Goldeneye, heh...

we'll just have to wait and see

The games setup is close to goldeneye but it moves much faster.As far as who would win,i think i would.I got a few people who would vow in my case too,mainly neo cc mourdor and 007,because i beat the snot out of all of them in the original.

Esjay
May 27th, 2002, 02:14 PM
heh heh...well, we will see who's snot is getting beat out of who...you all have yet to see my L33t FPS skillz ^_~. Just wait until this game comes out, you'll all be beggin' for mercy....j/k XD

Beretta55
May 27th, 2002, 08:49 PM
esjay i will make you cry for mercy i will rule you jk jk:laugh: