PDA

View Full Version : release of FFXI (J) and FFA (E)

kupoartist
May 17th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Though its happened rather quietly, the eleventh installment of the Final Fantasy Series was released in Japan yesterday (16th).

Early indications are clearly rather mixed. The game appears to have sold well, though apaprently not as well as previous, offline installments. Also Square have completely botched the launch of Playonline, and the server status is currently completely dead. which must be a bit poo for all those who shelled out cash...

In unrelated news FFIV and FFV were today released in Europe. I personally don't have a copy (saving for stuff in Real Life and UT2003 dontcha know...) but If any of you have got a copy perhaps you'd like to comment.

Edit: Just found the following on Square Europe's site: "Final Fantasy X will be released in Australia and New Zealand on 17th May." any australian's around to comment on this? any got a copy? (people will wanna know about whether the borders are massive for starters...)

All other PAL's will have to wait till May 24th (looks like its been put a week foward at least...)

Mana
May 20th, 2002, 12:36 PM
I didn't know that FFA was finally released in Europe. Now, I must thank you for telling me :D

Macceh^
May 25th, 2002, 06:29 AM
may buy it after ff10 :D

Spank-A-Thon
May 25th, 2002, 11:50 AM
FFA is only £20 - an absolute bargain! I now have all PSX FF's (including an import of Final Fantasy Tactics!).

Got my hands on FFX yesterday (at last!).

With regards to the Aussie release, I'm 100% sure it will have the same huge borders, seeing as though Australasia uses the PAL TV system also....

Why, why, why couldn't they have at least put a 60HZ option in? Ah well, it doesn't look as bad if you play it on a 16:9 Widescreen TV!!!

- S

Dark Angel
May 25th, 2002, 05:18 PM
I thought FFA was £10.....hmmm, I cant wait for FFX, but I gotta trade some games in to gethe dosh, just unsure about how much I'm gonna get for them

kupoartist
May 26th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Why, why, why couldn't they have at least put a 60HZ option in? Ah well, it doesn't look as bad if you play it on a 16:9 Widescreen TV!!!

The offical word is apparently that a 60HZ switch, would have necessitated extra versions of the FMV, for which there was no space on the DVD for. Of course, Its up for debate whether the extras on the FFX : International Version take up too much of that much needed space...

In other, FFXI news, it seems that the servers aren't so crapped anymore (and they're named after 20 or so of the Summons in the FF series) and there are intense rumors about the confirmation of Ninja, Summoner, Samurai and Dragoon as playable classes in the Western FFXI community...