PDA

View Full Version : FF movie part two

Mana
May 16th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Would you like to see another movie from Squaresoft, like FF: TSW, or do you hate the only movie they made so much that you hope they're not going to release a new one again?

happy_doughnut
May 16th, 2002, 11:16 PM
I actually did like the Final Fantasy movie.
I know many many people said it was bad an what not, but yet, I still enjoyed it.
I agree that somethings could have been changed to make the movie better such as clearing the plot a little. IMO, it was a bit confusing... and the ending wasn't too good.
To be honest, I did expect more from it. Yet, I still thought it was a worth-watching movie and I would certainly like to see another.

mono0bok
May 16th, 2002, 11:43 PM
The ff movie was amazing for its cg animation and advancement in films. However, the movie didn't include any classic rpg ethics at all. Like a band of heroic warriors, magic, and character storyline buildup and where are the real monsters not spirits only. although the movie was tilted " the spirits within". Also, the storyline was somewhat lacking of elements. Like deception, character story build up, revenge, sacrifices and etc. But the romance was there and almost all of rpgs today is wrap around a couple of love birds saving the world. It's getting to the point of lameness no offense to anyone. I also like romance in rpgs cause it adds comedy sometimes. but i think, i would want to see a second movie and hopefully has some elements like the ones we play on ps2 or other systems. :laugh:

RufusFF7
May 23rd, 2002, 08:14 PM
I liked the movie... But square should stick to games... and concentrate on them.

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 10:59 PM
The movie was okay. But I think that if Square is going to make another Final Fantasy movie, they should base it on FF7, or FF8, instead of making a new story. FF TSW I didn't favor because it was 'overly' scientific, and it wasn't all that true to the FF roots (no chocobos, nothing like that) but those are just trivial matters after all...I think that Square should concentrate on what they do best at, making RPGs

Macceh^
May 25th, 2002, 06:21 AM
id love to see a new movie allthough on the square site they said that they are soley consentrating on games this year. Despite what everyone said and the critics the first mvoie for me was an experience, so much i bought the dvd just recently. It did contain all the ff elements (bar chocobos) which when you come down to it was what all the critics said was the problem "not ff-esque" but it was in so many ways. The best example

*spoiler*

the ending scraemed lifestream from ff7 at you. The whole complexity and character development intwined with a romance peice made it just as i expected. FF7 and 8 like Esjay said would simply not work as a film due to the afct itd have to very logn becasue if they shorteneed it to movie style time limits well woudlnt fit in all the key bits.

So thers my opinions love to see a new FF movie.