PDA

View Full Version : Clamp works

Mana
May 16th, 2002, 09:32 PM
What is in your opinion the best work from Clamp's team?
I still have to read Clover and Tokyo Babylon, which I think is a prequel of X, and I'm interested in knowing what you think about Clamp. I was not too fond of their style, but then I liked some of their mangas and I want to read other ones.

merylsilverburg
May 17th, 2002, 02:37 AM
The absolute first CLAMP anime I ever saw, was Miyuki-chan in Wonderland because I thought the drawings were beautiful. This was waay back in '96. But, that's not their best work. I'd have to say that Cardcaptor Sakura is their best work, because the characters are great, the story is nice, and the atmosphere of the anime itself is postive and a nice feeling. I've seen Magic Knight Rayearth which I didn't like as much and Tokyo Babylon which I love. Then I saw X the Movie and hated it. :mad: There are probably more that I missed of their animes, but as for their mangas, I've flipped through volume 2 of Clover and didn't like it. There's also this manga with a girl holding a bear and I thought the drawings were interesting and different, so I got those. But, CLAMP overall.....is a very depressing and realistic bunch of women. They're not all sugary and happy and people don't end up together when you wish they could be (SPOILER- Sakura and Yukino in Cardcaptor Sakura). So basically, CLAMP's works are just plain beautiful to look at, but I don't really like their stories that much. :P

Pu the Owl
May 17th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Card Captor Sakura, Tokyo Babylon and Clover are probably their best works. X manga is not bad as well, while I hate Magic Knight Rayearth :blergh:

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 03:35 AM
I used to like Magic Knight Rayearth and I got the entire VHS set (TV, 2nd TV, and OVA) but then, I realized I was never going to see it again, so I sold it on Ebay. So, Fortune, why don't you like Rayearth as much? Also, what is Clover about?