PDA

View Full Version : Lupin the III

merylsilverburg
May 16th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Well, I never like Lupin when I saw the cover art, because the drawings were too plain to me. But, then, I recently got one of Lupin's movies and I really enjoyed it.....I actually watched the dubbed version. :shock: The dub was waay better than the sub (surprisingly) and now I want to watch the TV, but I heard they weren't so good. :P I know some were directed by Miyazaki, Hayao (Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Special Delivery, etc). Has anyone here watched Lupin the III at all?

Mana
May 16th, 2002, 09:28 PM
I used to watch it when I was younger on TV and I liked it because the show was funny, ironic and there was also action in it. It's a sort of classic of Japanimation, I think...

merylsilverburg
May 17th, 2002, 02:29 AM
I know Lupin the III is extremely, extremely popular in Japan, because they recently had a list of the most famous and popular animes that were created and Lupin was number 2. :shock: So, Mana, were the episodes you watched part of the TV series or was it something else? And also....they had it on TV in the US?! :shock:

Pu the Owl
May 17th, 2002, 07:19 PM
I've watched Lupin III when I was very young. It was a popular series and I could see movies and TV series (they made several TV series of this anime). It was nice, but when you have watched the first two series, the others look a bit annoying. Anyway, it's nice when you want to watch something funny but with also adventure and some action in it. :D

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 03:39 AM
How many TV series are there? :shock: Man, Lupin is pretty old. :laugh: I knew it was "old-school", but I didn't realize how old. When I first saw the movie, it made me kinda laugh, because Lupin reminds me of Spike from CB, but I know they're both different in their own little way. :D

Hylas
May 18th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Let me think...I've watched at least 4 series and 5 or 6 movies of Lupin III...

Macceh^
May 18th, 2002, 04:23 PM
incidently meyrl what was number 1 in that list :D

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Macceh^
incidently meyrl what was number 1 in that list :D

Huh? :confused:

MakgSnake
May 18th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Its Amazing How U Guys Know All This.

merylsilverburg
May 18th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Its Amazing How U Guys Know All This.

.....huh? :confused: *I'm having a "blonde" moment* j/k :laugh:

Macceh^
May 20th, 2002, 03:54 PM
i meant number 1 in he most famous and popular anime ever.

merylsilverburg
May 20th, 2002, 11:06 PM
Oh, oh I get it. *smacks herself in the head* I don't know. The information was on Lupin, so they only named it as number 2, but they didn't say who number 1 is. :P Sorry I can't help you more, I'd like to know myself. :)

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:58 PM
I used to watch it when I was younger on TV and I liked it because the show was funny, ironic and there was also action in it. It's a sort of classic of Japanimation, I think...

yah, Lupin the III is pretty good. Sometimes a little slow, but it does a good job with the irony, comedy, and action mixed into it.

Keyblade Master
Dec 23rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
I like Fujiko, she's hot...
I could mention her divine features but that wouldn't be apropriate... :laugh: