PDA

View Full Version : the Shinra help or hinder?

Macceh^
May 16th, 2002, 04:54 PM
well heres the question discuss it form both points of view.

IcyMourdor
May 16th, 2002, 07:25 PM
I'm kinda confused on what the question means. Helping your team or helping the planet?

Mana
May 16th, 2002, 09:46 PM
I don't get it either...
Can you explain what do you exactly mean? :right:

happy_doughnut
May 16th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah... I don't understand it either. Are you asking whether the Shinra was of help or if it was a hinder?
Defenition please...

Macceh^
May 17th, 2002, 02:39 AM
well basically do you think that (possibly by accident) but the Shinra help you through the game, or is that opinion incorect in your eyes and they are there just to delay your progress. That any better?

IcyMourdor
May 17th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Shin-ra indirectly helps you throughout the game. First, you use the Shin-ra boat to cross the ocean to the western continent. Next, without Rufus, the Tiny Bronco might not have been given to you. Plus, it is the Sister Ray that kills Diamond and Sapphire WEAPON and destoryes Sephiroth's barrier over the North Cave. Otherwise, they constantly sent the Turks and others to find you. Shin-ra never intended to help the heroes, just themselves.

Pu the Owl
May 17th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Shin-ra indirectly helps you throughout the game. ...
Shin-ra never intended to help the heroes, just themselves.

*spoilers*

This is right. Some players even think Shinra is real evil presence throughout the game. They say, and this is also quite true, that Sephiroth is not a complete villain, apart from the fact he kills people and wants to destroy the planet ... Well, he's evil, but the fact he's only a sort of experiment of Shinra make people who paly this game think he's a victim of the situation and his thirst for vengeance is right. :sarcasm:
Turks are not so bad either, if you think about it, but Hojo and President Shinra are real villains, even if they're not intriguing and mysterious like Sephiroth. Their problem is that with Sephiroth killing villagers and flower girls around, peole are not so interested in their evil plans.... :laugh: Shinra tries to exploit the planet for mean purposes, that's why the heroes (Avalanche) want to destroy their power. Sephiroth doesn't look so evil if you look at Shinra members more carefully....

Sword 4 Hire
May 17th, 2002, 10:54 PM
RUFUS SHINRA WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!:laugh:

I love Shinra and the Turks...real bada$$es!

I'm a lil torn between the decision...I gotta play this game again and refresh my memory...and I'll get back to you

happy_doughnut
May 18th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Yes. The Shin-ra never had the intentions of wanting to help, but they still did end up helping in inderect ways.

Like S4H said, the Turks were great! I think that's one of the best things about the game. Ah...Reno...:D