PDA

View Full Version : Noir

merylsilverburg
May 14th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Has anyone seen this not-licensed anime, NOIR? I heard it's unbelievably good and almost like "La Femme Nikita" mystery anime, but I haven't been able to see it yet. Before I get it....if anyone's seen it....could you tell me if it's good or worth my money? Arigatou gozaimasu! :)

Pu the Owl
May 14th, 2002, 10:48 PM
I've heard it's very good as well, and there are many sites about it around. sometimes I had the occasion to check some of them and the style of this series looked good to me. I'm not that rich to get it at the moment, so I cannot really tell you if it's true or not.
Sometimes reading others opinions is not very helpful, because I've watched many series because they told me they were good and then they were not, at least for me :mad: But I also repeat that the style of this series looks really good and the characters are also interesting. But I can't tell you anything more :(

I suggest you to browse some fan site, that is what I usually do when I have doubts :D

Hylas
May 15th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I've only watched the first episode and it looked good IMO. But don't ask me about the plot, 'cause from the first episode I had no precise ideas. i should watch the others , but my friend (the one with the DVDs :mad: ) said she has to watch it as well and she refused to watch the DVDs together... God only knows why...

Qjij_jijQ
May 15th, 2002, 09:47 PM
I think I heard about it somewhere, but I'm not quite sure... I think it's supposed to be interestin', but I couldn't tell you for sure, sorry.

BTW, "Noir" is the french word for "Black"

merylsilverburg
May 15th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Yeah, Qjij_jijQ, I know Noir is "black" in French, but I'm kinda wondering why it's called that? :confused:
Well...since I'm at it, lemme name off a couple of other animes that are not yet licensed and see if you guys know or watched any of them: (Yes, I'm spamming my own thread :D)

Pretear
Onegai Teacher (Please, Teacher) *I think it's a hentai*
AIR
Sister Princess
Pita Ten
Comet Girl
Kanon

Um....that's all I can think about right now. So, um...have you guys seen any of these? If not, it's alright, just wondering because all sites I try to look at are in Japanese, so....thanks in advance! :)