PDA

View Full Version : Blue Submarine n. 6

Rei
May 13th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Just posting this thread because I'm very disappointed by this series. Many friends recommended it, and they told me this series is amazing.
I'm not liking it at all. Some time ago I watched the first episode and I found it...uhmmm so-so. Then recently I've continuedto watch the other episodes and it's boring... The main characters are annoying IMO and the villains, my god, they're so dumb!

I was wondering if someone here have watched the whole series...

merylsilverburg
May 13th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Well, I haven't seen it myself, but just like you, I heard a lot of people and reviewers say it is really good. Everytime I see the DVD cover, I'm always intrigued and I feel like getting it, but I never do. Now I hear that it's not so good, so I'll take your word for it. But....what is it about?

BlackThornn
May 13th, 2002, 09:34 PM
If my memory serves it's about a post-apocalyptic earth, countries are pretty much under water after somebody melted the ice caps (?) and the UN, or whatever the equivalent thereof here has called it, are fighting to defend what's left from these genetically engineered creatures, living boats and sentient weapons. One in particular seems to be half-shark, half-battleship.. (O_O)..

Aaanyway. The remaining governments were putting together a high technology level submarine fleet that could compete with these deadly things currently infesting the waters, with the ultimate goal of destroying the mutants and the strange doctor person that made them. Eventually the "Blue" fleet, as it's called, is destroyed, along with the underwater station that housed it.. the rest of the story revolves primarily around one of the surviving blue ships.. or it might be the only one, I don't know.. But it's Blue 6.

I kind of liked it, to tell the truth.. but it was nothing stellar to buy a whole DVD package about.

merylsilverburg
May 13th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Arigatou gozaimasu for the information! :) It does sound interesting, but....hmm.....I dunno....these type of plots really don't interest me as much. :P

Frozen
May 15th, 2002, 02:05 AM
I've seen it all, a while back. I don't think is that bad, however, I agree in the point is not so great some may say, but I liked it so far. The animation is superb, and the plot is not bad. I liked the characters so far, although they are, as you may say, a little boring. But not annoying at all.

x157anz
May 16th, 2002, 03:50 PM
I watched this one time , it looked pretty good from what i saw , but itl probably get crap more and more i watch, as you say you guys did :ghost: