PDA

View Full Version : Love in a storyline!

SSJ Lacan
May 10th, 2002, 08:41 AM
What I want to know is if anyone else thinks that love in a good storyline is a must or makes the game just that much better? Well I really think that LOVE is a ESSENTIAL part of a RPG. I havent played a game were love pushs the main character to do what he never thought he could do! I also think that dying for love is a must also. Makes the gamer wanna get that villian at ANY cost! I think it justs makes the game so much more memorible! SO what are your thoughts on the subject? Farewell till next time!

IcyMourdor
May 10th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Love is a great part of the storyline. It shows determination of the main character. I think some developers are trying to hard to put love into their game. It only works with some games like FF7 and LoD.

happy_doughnut
May 10th, 2002, 10:19 PM
It's OK. I think it would be cool to see an RPG that left it out now and then. Then again, I think it wouldn't be the same...

Mercury Shadow
May 10th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Let's face it guys, a lot of us don't have girlfriends and the video game industry knows that. They take this into consideration, and create a love story with the character you play as and you start getting involved in the story a whole lot more. I think it's a good idea, but I certainly hope every RPG doesn't have it in the future.

Sword 4 Hire
May 11th, 2002, 11:41 AM
I think it is an essential...you have to have the Love element in an rpg to make it a good one...even though it can get a lil too mushy and dull for my taste...

JC Denton
May 15th, 2002, 03:00 PM
there are quite a few without it, say diablo 2 or whatever. But its can be really good in a game but only if it is done well.
if it is done well it can make the storyline much better. if it isnt on the other hand then it just looks stupid.

jenova_jeb
May 15th, 2002, 07:05 PM
If it's a well developed love story, then it definitely helps the game. FFX is a perfect example. The love between Tidus and Yuna was perfect, and I think if it hadn't been there it wouldn't have been near as good of a game as it was.

DragonSphere
May 16th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Contrary to SSJ Lacan's opinion, I don't think having love in an RPG plot is a total necessity. Sure, it adds a bit more meaning to the story and gives off a better impression upon the gamer, but I'm sure we are more than capable of doing without it in some games. I just feel that love is a bit to repetitive in RPGs today and that developers should get creative and find another way in which they could make us gamers still emotionally attached to the storyline and its characters; without the use of love.

And if some of the developers are able to pull that off, then that my friends, would be one heck of an RPG.

happy_doughnut
May 19th, 2002, 02:50 AM
*applauds* I couldn't have said it better Dragon! I think that if there were to be an RPG made without it being based completely on love... it would be great.

Indrid Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Its ok... Not that bad!

Macceh^
Jun 14th, 2002, 01:30 PM
ff8 pulled it off best, as well it was a love story. FF7 wasnt so much a love story, but it had the element in it as do most the ff's. If done correctly it can work to the developers benefit greatly.

BlackHeartedKing
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Love is definitely an essential part of most games. Sports games no because it takes away from other important aspects but in games like RPGs where strategy is important I think it adds a nice touch to the storyline. DEfinitely need more of it.