PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbor Totoro

Pu the Owl
May 7th, 2002, 10:08 PM
I was surprised, while reading a recent Japanese book, finding that this movie in Japan is the second fave after "The Seven Samurai" by Akira Kurosawa.
I've never heard of it before reading the book, so I'd like to know something more about it, knowing it's so popular and people there love it so much.

Evil Parrot
May 8th, 2002, 03:07 AM
I'd quite like to more about it too as I'm a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work.

I've only seen 3 of his movies (Laputa, Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke), but I'd like to see more.

merylsilverburg
May 9th, 2002, 07:38 PM
I have a notebook on Tonari no Totoro, though I've never seen it. :P Here's the sypnosis:

Totoro is a forest spirit that the main character, Mei, and her older sister, Satsuki, found living in a camphor tree near their home in the countryside. Their father is a University proffessor, so they were forced to move. However, their mother is staying in a hospital, where she is recovering from some unknown/unnamed illness. Mei hears that her mother's conditions are worsening, so she decides to visit her all by herself! She disappears and while everyone is frantic trying to search for her, only Totoro knows where to find little Mei.

Sounds cute and interesting. Miyazaki, Hayao is the director and he did the storyboards and the screenplay as well. Hope this helps. :)

Pu the Owl
May 9th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Ahhh! It really sounds interesting! I wonder if I'll ever get the chance to see it... hehehe

Uchiha Sasuke
May 10th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I have a notebook on Tonari no Totoro, though I've never seen it. :P Here's the sypnosis:

Totoro is a forest spirit that the main character, Mei, and her older sister, Satsuki, found living in a camphor tree near their home in the countryside. Their father is a University proffessor, so they were forced to move. However, their mother is staying in a hospital, where she is recovering from some unknown/unnamed illness. Mei hears that her mother's conditions are worsening, so she decides to visit her all by herself! She disappears and while everyone is frantic trying to search for her, only Totoro knows where to find little Mei.

Sounds cute and interesting. Miyazaki, Hayao is the director and he did the storyboards and the screenplay as well. Hope this helps. :)

Oh my god i seen this movie.Its extremly weird,i mean weird but of course i saw it about 4 years ago so its hard to remeber it,but im positive i saw.

merylsilverburg
May 10th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Really? That's cool, SSSnake! :cool: See, at first I thought it was only a Japan-release thing, but a couple of years ago, I heard about it and all, so I'm pretty sure it's released in the US, right? I think I've seen it at rental stores and all, but I can't remember. :P