PDA

View Full Version : Nadesico- What Do You Think?

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I know a lot of people here like to watch a lot of mecha animes here, so has anyone seen Nadesico and like it? Personally....I watched, like what? The first three episodes and I absolutely hated it. I'm sorry to anyone here who likes it, but I really hated it. I don't have anything against mecha or anything, but it's the characters!! :mad: Sheesh, like the airhead girl (I forgot her name) and the annoying main character (I forgot his name). But anyway, what I wanted to ask is, what do you think about Nadesico and what makes it so popular? :peoples:

Hylas
May 5th, 2002, 08:06 PM
I didn't like Nadesico either. I found it boring and dumb in some aspects, first of all characters. I can't stand them, really.
I like mechas, but not anything involving them. If the series is bad, it's bad even if it's about mechas :mad:

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2002, 08:10 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. :phew: Yeah, I thought that instead of the mechas, they seemed to have focused more on the annoying characters and their "relationship" with each other. :zzz: zzz It seems to be soo popular, and I just don't understand why. Not that many people like Ruri (she's the only one I remember for some reason) and yet, everyone says the characters are solid and great! Also, some reviewers say that Nadesico has the best mecha story and all. I agree with you, Hylas, the characters are dull and boring and the mechas didn't seem to fit in.

Hylas
May 5th, 2002, 08:16 PM
I think many people don't really know what they're talking about when we mention GREAT series, with well developed story, characters and in which every aspect is really necessary. There are many dull series around and people seem to like them very much, not knowing much about other amazing series or considering them boring only because they're too much complicated or because both story and characters are too deep for their personal taste. I consider Nadesico one of those cases, and I can't stand those who want to force you to say it's good only because reviews they've read say it is.

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2002, 08:25 PM
I completely agree with you! There are soooo many boring and not-so-good series around which people absolutely just love, God knows why. On the box cover of Nadesico, there was a little message saying "Nadesico is the greatest mecha anime of all time" or something like that, and after watching those three episodes, I thought, "Hell no!" :mad: How many episodes did you watch, Hylas?

Hylas
May 5th, 2002, 08:32 PM
I haven't wacthed the whole series because I was too bored! A friend of mine has the complete series and she told me to give it a try. After the first 8 or 9 episodes I asked her to come and get her DVDs back because I wasn't all that interested by the series. :P

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Wow....you watched more than I did. After episode 3, I couldn't take it anymore! I actually bought the first tape dubbed (silly me) so I tried to sell it and it didn't sell (go figure :sarcasm: ) so I just pitched it. :P But, anyway, Nadesico has to be the worst "mecha" anime I've ever seen, even though I haven't seen many, this has got to be the worst so far. :P I actually didn't even know what the whole plot is about. Is it my stupidity or what? Can you or someone explain the plot to me?

Hylas
May 5th, 2002, 08:55 PM
From what I've seen, the mechas are only an excuse to show a crew of weird girls... Also the fact they have to save the colonies from aliens is quite secondary I think if compared to the (boring) characters. In fact I think the plot is so secondary that it's not even clear or precise... Anime based on mechas are completely a different thing IMO...

Rei
May 6th, 2002, 11:40 AM
I agree with both of you: Nadesico is just terrible! Only few times I've wacthed something worse! The people who say it's the best mecha animation must be completely crazy, or maybe they don't know anything about what mecha animation is.