PDA

View Full Version : Your First Final Fantasy Game!

kamari-ice
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:05 PM
What was your first final fantasy game.
Did you like it, or did you like the next one you bought?
The first final fantasy game I bought was Final Fantasy VIII.
It was okay, but it made me become a Final Fantasy Player.
I am glad I bought it now, If I didn't I would have never liked final fantasy.
Its weird how one thing can change your life.

Soul Angel
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:15 PM
My first FF was FFVII after that I brought FFVIII and then FFIX :D
I'm pretty muched hooked on the FF series now ;)

kamari-ice
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:24 PM
I probably wouldn't even be on here right now if I didn't buy ffviii.
I would be bored, and wouldn't now what to do basically.

IcyMourdor
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Mine was the first FF of them all. It was for the NES. It was great because your party was completely customizable. I don't have it however and I haven't played it in a long long time.

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:38 AM
My first was the great FFVII which got me hooked

jenova_jeb
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:20 PM
VII was my first as well. I'm so glad I bought it. :)

Reid
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:24 PM
My first one was FFVII.
A friend and I rented a PSOne way back with Resident Evil 2 and Final Fantasy VII.
I was too confused to get far in FFVII though, because I hadn't seen a RPG before.

Anyhoo, the main reason I even tried Playstation was because of the advertisment for FFVII and RedXIII (Hey, man! That dog has a flaming tail!)

jenova_jeb
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Get Anima. He's real easy to get, and DEFINITELY worth it.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Watched a friend play VII, thought Cloud's sword looked cool so I bought it and it's still one of the best

synicalgohan91
May 18th, 2003, 10:37 PM
the first final fantasy game that i played was FFVI. i don't know if anybody else had the same feeling but i could not stop playing that game.

kupoartist
May 19th, 2003, 01:01 PM
My first FF, like most of you, was FFVII (though in 1998 on the PC). However, I hated it. It didn't Grip me at all.
Of course, there was the small problem that I it wouldn't start up at all on my P133. That may have spoiled my enjoyment a little. The install screen was kind of cool though... all those pretty pictures and the prelude.

Umm anyway, I took it back for a refund and got a copy of the first Discworld game instead. in 2000 or 2001, I got bored in the summer hols and tried out a number of game demos on my PC. The last one I tried was FFVIII. I thought it was so godamned cheesy, especially the music.

So I went out and brought a copy... so I suppose FFVIII was actually my first. After that, I imported a PC version of FF7 (no one in the UK sells it anymore), and used a PSX emulator to play the PSX version of FF9. I then brought a PSX 2nd hand of someone so I could actually own a copy of FF6, which I loved. And that was last year :)

Hmm... that was a pretty long explanation. or... that was my life story....

Zanku
May 20th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Final Fantasy VII, i think thats most peoples first for us Younger Generation, seeing as it was the first one to be commericially advertised for the Playstation. I loved the game, i got it for my 12th birthday i think, so about 5 years, im not sure...but nevertheless i still have it now, in perfect condition.

DSgamer
May 20th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Final Fantasy 3 was the 1st i played

Jubei
May 21st, 2003, 09:22 PM
FFVII here :)

It was actually my brother that started playing it, I never liked it till I got a hold of it myself.

Man, did it consume me, hindered my work, girlfriend and social life, but in the end it was all good :cool:

Infernal Mass
May 22nd, 2003, 01:22 AM
my first Final Fantasy game was FF2. The one with Kain.

adam
- the game kicked ass

happy_doughnut
May 22nd, 2003, 02:20 AM
My first FF was FF2, too. The one for the SNes. I think that was my first RPG, actually. I was like... 7 or so. Yep. At that time, I didn't even know what an RPG was :right:.

It was a pretty fun game anyway. I found it kinda hard since I had never played such a game before. However, the game was pretty enjoyable :shappy:

adam
- the game kicked ass

:blank:

Eve
- ahahaha !

Preventer Wind
May 25th, 2003, 12:58 AM
My first FF was 2 or 3....I don't remember. However I was way too young to even understand the story line...and I don't remember any details from the game. It didn't get me hooked at all.

But to be realistic the first FF game I ever really tried at was VII. I never bought that many SNES or Sega games so the Playstation was really the first console that I could spend money on. And boy did it ever have me hooked.

My friend and I rented Clock Tower and FFVII. He got stuck in FFVII very early in the game and then we tried to play Clock Tower but we were far too scared. But since he didn't own a Playstation I got to take the games home and so I tried FFVII out. I played it non stop until the game had to be returned. Then I went out and bought it and fell more in love with it. It is my favorite game of all time.

I never bought FFVIII for some reason. I rented it and liked it a lot. I probably would have bought it but my save got corrupted and I would have had to restart. Something I didn't want to do. I did buy FFIX and it was well worth it. I passed on FFX because my friend bought it and I just played his. I don't think I will buy XI unless I hear it is really good. Though I will most likely buy XII. Which I heard is coming out in next spring in Japan.

Krazy
May 25th, 2003, 11:12 PM
My first FF game was the U.S version of FF3 on SNES. at the time I had almost zero experience with RPG's and I only tried it because a trusted friend told me it was like playing a video version of dungeons and dragons. Thanks to that friend RPG's are close to my favorite types of video games. The greatest selling point of FF3 for me was the time when the assassin guy(can't remember his name) said he'd slit his own mothers throat for a nickel. How that didn't get cut is beyond me but that guys definitely got character.

Azuma_Ninja
May 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM
I played a couple of the early FF's before I actually liked rpg's. VII was the first rpg that got me hooked, I loved that game. I remember i was getting that for my birtday one year and me and my bro found it early opened it up and played it, and then wrapped it back up so i could get it on my b-day. Ever since then I've loved Final Fantasy games and Rpg's which I used to hate are now one of my fav genre's in the industry.

Nelo Angelo
May 26th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I think it was either FFI or FFVI. I can't remember which. o_o