PDA

View Full Version : Grandia games

Miki
May 3rd, 2002, 07:52 PM
I'm a bit confused about it: are Grandia and Grandia 2 connected in any way? Is the second game a prequel or a sequel? If neither of them, what are the points in common between those two games? :confused:

IcyMourdor
May 3rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
The only thing that is really the same in any of these games are the battle system. I have noticed no similarities between these two games. The stories are completely seperate from each other.

Sword 4 Hire
May 3rd, 2002, 09:34 PM
I found Grandia 2's story weak and lame...the only reason why I played was the speed and intensity of the battle system...and I found it funny how *small spoiler* Ryudo practically pimped 2 women at the same time!

Is the first Grandia's story a bit more in depth than the first??

happy_doughnut
May 3rd, 2002, 11:08 PM
Yeah, the stories differ from each other a lot. There really isn's anything much in common between them. No, they aren't sequels...or at least I don't think they are :right:

You're right...Sword. Grandia 2 wasn't very good. You should check out the first one. It was better, IMO anyway.

Rei
May 4th, 2002, 09:48 AM
That's weird, because in the poll "Grandia vs Grandia 2" people said they preferred Grandia 2 because it's more mature, and here you're telling Grandia 2 is lame if compared to Grandia :laugh:

BTW, Grandia and Grandia 2 are not connected as a sequel with its prequel.

Sleazy P Martini
May 4th, 2002, 11:45 AM
I rented Grandia 2 today and I'm not all that impressed. I'll force myself to give it a couple hours to see if it improves.

IcyMourdor
May 4th, 2002, 01:58 PM
I prefered Grandia 2 to the first because if it's more mature story. I hate playing little kids the story in the first wasn't that good, IMO.

Hadoken
May 23rd, 2002, 08:49 PM
I just bought grandia 2 today.
i need an rpg to play!! lol

i am not sure. but do u guys think it was worth the buy?

i have just played it for 1hr. so i am not sure yet.