PDA

View Full Version : Hug me!!

happy_doughnut
May 1st, 2002, 11:38 PM
Hey well...I did this the other day because my friend asked me if I could draw anything that didn't look sad or angry so I decided to draw this lil sucker. I think it came out okay considering the fact that it's the first time I try and draw stuff like this. Don't you just want to give it a hug? But judging from how HE turned out...I guess I can't draw happy things!!

http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=54

Pu the Owl
May 2nd, 2002, 10:19 AM
This is a cute bear! Doesn't matter if it doesn't look happy :)

Cannibal Clown
May 2nd, 2002, 03:42 PM
This might just be me, but I think that the reason your pic looks so sad might be because of the tear drop and the long frown on the face.

All in all though, it's a very good drawing. And it does make you want to give it a hug, simpley because one would do anything to cheer a face like that up.

merylsilverburg
May 2nd, 2002, 06:41 PM
Oh, it's so cute! Cute, but sad....:weep: Makes me want to hug it, just to comfort it! Great job drawing it though....I can't draw animals of any kind, so this is really, really good! :)

Spirit
May 3rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
that was cute :P if I do say so myself :)

Mercury Shadow
May 3rd, 2002, 04:25 PM
That's really good Mena!! How long did it take you to draw it?

happy_doughnut
May 3rd, 2002, 09:26 PM
Hey thanks you guys! It makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing you guys liked it :)
Hmm...I think it took me about 45 mins. I know it's a lot of time but it was the first attempt. But actually, most of my drawings take me quite a lot of time to do. I don't know why...

And CC, thanks. Seriously, you always have something nice to say about my work. I appreciate it just as much as the pointers you give me. Thanks a lot!

Sword 4 Hire
May 3rd, 2002, 09:48 PM
Another masterpiece dished out by Mena...I look forward to the next!

happy_doughnut
May 3rd, 2002, 09:54 PM
Masterpiece? Yeah right! Tee hee. *blushes* Aw thanks! I'm going to be famous someday!!! Hahaha, j/k!

Cannibal Clown
May 4th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Hey, you never know, you may become famouse one day. You might end up being some super awesome animator who becomes really really rich or something.

I must have given away about thirty drawings of mine to people because of the fact that they seriously think that I'm going to be some unbelievably famous cartoonist. And I have to always sign it, so that they can say that they have some of the original art work of Steven Waas.

I thinbk that they're giving me too much credit though.

happy_doughnut
May 4th, 2002, 03:08 PM
I bet they're not! When are you going to post some of your stuff CC? I'm really curious to see what kind of things you draw. I bet they're really great too! All I can say is that I'm looking forward to seeing them someday soon.

Cannibal Clown
May 4th, 2002, 03:18 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well. I want to get some of my stuff up so bad, it's just that I can't right now. Oh well. I could try to describe the drawings to you if you needed me too. But that would just be a waste of time.

Only time can tell I guess.

Mana
May 5th, 2002, 08:05 AM
That's so huggable, Mena! XD

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Hey, you never know, you may become famouse one day. You might end up being some super awesome animator who becomes really really rich or something.

I must have given away about thirty drawings of mine to people because of the fact that they seriously think that I'm going to be some unbelievably famous cartoonist. And I have to always sign it, so that they can say that they have some of the original art work of Steven Waas.

I thinbk that they're giving me too much credit though.

Sorry to spam in your thread Mena, but about what Cannibal had to say....the same thing happens to me. When I was in the middle school, all these kids asked me to draw for them and I had to sign it, with black pen, fairly small. One time though, this one girl begun to sell my drawings, keeping the money to herself and she just kept asking me to draw more for her because she just "loved my drawings". I finally realized what she was doing, so I signed my signature REALLY big and everyone started getting the message too. They were thinking, why pay for my drawings when they could just get one from me for free? That girl felt really stupid after that. :) No one asks me to draw anymore because I'm "yesterday's news". Just to give a warning to you guys who might have the same thing happen to you. :)

happy_doughnut
May 5th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Oh it's okay. I spam on everybody elses' threads. Anyway, that is really weird. I'm glad you cleared things up. That girl desserved to be slapped! No one asks for my sig though. Bah, they'll regret it someday! :laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
May 5th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Very nice. :)

Soul Angel
May 7th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Another really nice pic done by you Mena :)
Keepit up! ;)

Ruby Moon
May 8th, 2002, 12:04 PM
A bear! Very cute!
Maybe, as someone else suggested, the reason you think he looks sad is the tear. Try to draw anothe bear without adding the tear ;)

Indrid Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Cool Pic :D