PDA

View Full Version : best/fave battle/magic system

Macceh^
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:12 PM
ok before you all jump in with "Oooh ff7's materia" think about it why do u think its the best, in my opinion ff8's was the far superior magic system it allowed a far greater aspect of "role play" due to the user being able to develop the charcetr more to how he saw fit. FF7's materia system all though well it was just kinda of linear in my opinion.

IcyMourdor
Apr 30th, 2002, 04:38 PM
I prefer job classes, like in FF5 and FFT. Abilities are learned by skill. Not by magic orbs or mystical creatures. The players themselves learn the abilities. Best way to have for FF.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 30th, 2002, 07:27 PM
FFX's sphere grid by far. You could choose different paths and mold your characters however you want. It's an easy concept and quite enjoyable. I thought it was a good change from the traditional leveling system.

happy_doughnut
Apr 30th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I always found the job classes to be somewhat boring. Or maybe it was the fact that I though it was hard -.-
Anyway, the sphere grid was a neat change but I liked the draw system better. I just liked the way you had a total number of spells instead of just a limitation to your MP. Besides, with the draw system you had the chance to junction magic which was really cool im my opinion. So yeah, I definitely go for the draw system above all else.

Hadoken
May 1st, 2002, 01:14 AM
FFVIII's junctioning system.
it was just great to be able to change your characters stats by simply juntioning magic on an attribute.

Bob!
May 1st, 2002, 10:56 AM
I personally prefer the Job class system, second to that I liked FF7 (Mainly because it was simple and I like simplicity)

BlackThornn
May 2nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Junctioning, definantly. Once you mastered the system and got the spells at thier optimum (earliest) point, you could craft your characters into powerful elementals, all-immune demigods, or powerhouses. The only real drawback I think is the fact that once you got a full stock of a spell, you didn't want to use any of that spell in battle, so using actual magic spells in combat was inefficient.

FFVII's materia system is a close second though.