PDA

View Full Version : What do you usually look for when you choose a series?

Hylas
Apr 27th, 2002, 02:07 PM
What are the elements that mostly attract you and make you decide to start following a series instead of another?
The fact it's a famous series maybe? The name of the author?
The style of drawing? The plot and the character? Or do you listen to others comments and suggestion without precise ideas?

merylsilverburg
Apr 27th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I usually look at the plot and the drawings. Whatever appeals to me, I just get it to try it out. The drawings are important to me too.....I kinda like fairly pretty drawings, so if I see something that doesn't fit my style, I probably won't watch it. There are sometimes if someone suggests an anime that's really good, I'll check it out, even if the drawings are not what I like. Other times, when I hear about a particular anime, I usually try to find out more about it (if I can) before getting it. But, that's about it for me. :D

Rei
Apr 27th, 2002, 07:03 PM
I also like to look at drawings before I decide to buy anything. If I liked another series, the name of the author is a good way to know something more about it.

happy_doughnut
Apr 27th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Yeah me too. I like to look at the desings of the characters and the story. I mean, if the characters look really dull, in most cases it kinda sucks out some of the fun of the anime. Also, the plot has to be good because if it isn't, then I don't really see the point to it.

Oh and yeah, the more action it has, the better. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 29th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Action and story.If those 2 elements are missing im not going to look into it.No matter how good it looks.

007_JamesBond
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:12 AM
I look for a good action adventure series as well as good animation and a good story to fit the suroundings

Cannibal Clown
Apr 29th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Anyone who knows me, knows that when it comes to anime, I'll watch whatever I can. The drawings do have some sort of an effect on me, and I need some sort of story line, but I love anime all together, so it makes no difference to me. But when it comes to purchasing any, it has to be worth while, and something I can watch over and over again.

Macceh^
May 1st, 2002, 02:22 PM
sometimes its been recomended to me, if it has a really deep plot with characters that ahve alot of depth, story emotional is always good, i thoguht gundam wings characters were pretty good due to their messed up pasts. Film wise i usally just look at the drawings if it looks good or the author i recognise i go for it.

BowevelJoe
May 2nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
the quality of animation has to be decent, a halfway decent story line and a wee bit o comedy, well it depends on what mood im in