PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue

Game_Developer
Apr 24th, 2002, 03:03 PM
THe best dam game ever, my favorite and hopefully some of yours. The fighting, storyline, and music. The graphics are great and the only thing that it missed was the audio. I mean the voices and music fit into the game but it just sounded to dam scratchy. The freedom this game offers is like no other. Hell you could just go down to the arcade all day adn drink soda instead of playing the game. They have a few great classics (why classics, because it takes place in 1986), and my favorite there is Space Harriers. If you have played it, whats your opinion?? And if you haven't played it I recommend playing it A.S.A.P.

Spirit
Apr 24th, 2002, 10:13 PM
good game, very solid
I played it a bit, but I never had the time to finish it and it seemed a bit boring to me. I know that its good, its just old >.<

Game_Developer
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:26 PM
No offense, but thats the only thing I hate about people that started the game but never finished because it was "too boring". Yet it doesn't get good until the second disc. I would highly recommend finishing it.

Mercury Shadow
Apr 25th, 2002, 05:33 AM
What's so bad about the first disc to make it boring?

Game_Developer
Apr 25th, 2002, 02:24 PM
I don't think it's boring, he does. So ask him. I loved every minute of it.

jenova_jeb
Apr 25th, 2002, 05:29 PM
I just started playing it last night. It seems pretty good so far, but I'm definitely not far enough to know for sure.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 25th, 2002, 07:30 PM
I played most of the game and loved it.Wished i still had it but i sold my dreamcast before i finished it :(

Hadoken
Apr 25th, 2002, 07:34 PM
shenmue is great!
grr... i want to play shenmue 2 on the ps2... but it looks like thats not gonna happen.:P

Mercury Shadow
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Was Shenmue only for the DC?

Also, can you guys compare it to another action/adventure game out there? I'm interested in Shenmue now...

Hadoken
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:54 PM
shenmue is one of a kind man. it cant really be compared to any other action/adventure games.

edit: and yeah, i think shenmue is only for the DC. but it may get put over on the xbox too.

Game_Developer
Apr 25th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Na, no other Action/Adventure game comes close to compare. And it "is" coming to X-BOX come fall..

merylsilverburg
Apr 26th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Ahh....damn, I LOVE Shenmue!! I'm so pissed that the sequel is gonna be on the X-Box!! *Damn you Bill Gates! :mad:* I wanna know what happens to Ryo on his next adventure. Ahh...oh well. :( Anyway, Game_Developer, I know what you're talking about when you say you don't have to "play the game". :D I love using the little prize machines....I never know what SEGA character I'm going to get next. Spent nearly all my $$$ on the thing though. :P :laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 27th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Ah yes Shenmue...a great game. I loved the fighting and the whole freedom of the city. To be able to interract with pretty much anything and to be able to practice your kung-fu skills in a vacant parking lot is just a smidge of what that game has to offer. I think the game got really good towards the end when you got to take up a job and the 70 person battle. I am so looking forward to the sequal... I remember when I first saw that the DC release was cancelled...it was right on the day it was supposedly coming out and I remember I was about to go search for it...I was so pissed. I'm getting an XBOX sometime this summer mostly for Shenmue 2 and Jet Set

Game_Developer
Apr 28th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Yea, those are he two "main" reasons im getting X-BOX too. Maybe I might pick sometihng up on the side........

BTW, I knew there were Shenmue Fans but I didn't know there were "Shenmue Fans"....

P.S. I am by far the biggest fan, so don't even try it.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Don't worry man...I wouldn't dare try and take "the biggest fan" title away from you lol

merylsilverburg
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:45 PM
I would also like to pick up an X-Box for the sequel and JSRF, but I still haven't decided for sure. :P I remember the first time that I saw the preview for Shenmue. I was like :shock: Before I knew it, I went onto Ebay to start buying some merchandise, and I was able to snag 2 Shenmue coffee cups officially from Sega. :cool: How big of a fan are you Game_Developer? You seem really nuts about this game! :happy: I also like the whole taper player and cassettes thing. I remember going into that damn Tomato Shop to check out the new cassettes, and I pick every one of them up! Later on, in the second Tomato Shop near the harbor, there were more cassettes! I was so surprised and happy! Yeah, I'm a dork....:laugh:

Game_Developer
Apr 28th, 2002, 07:05 PM
I have Shenmue, Shenmue 2 (import), a bunch of posters, Shenmue: The Movie (The bestest eva), and a bunch of other stuff.

merylsilverburg
Apr 29th, 2002, 05:07 PM
That's pretty cool, GD! :cool: You should post a pic of your Shenmue merchandise, because it'll be cool to see what you've got. ;) I'm also a major collector of stuff (anime, games) so it's interesting to me to see what everyone else collects. :) BTW, Shemue 2? For the Dreamcast or what? :shock:

MakgSnake
Apr 29th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Just Say The Name And U'll Get A Relief... Its That Good.

And Its Main Theme....UFFF.....EVEN Till Today I Do The Humming, Infact I Do It Everyday. Its MINDBLOWING!

And Meryl, Yes Shenmue II..(Import) Is On DreamCast! Man, I'll Get That System For Shenmue....I Just Know It!

Game_Developer
Apr 29th, 2002, 10:03 PM
If I ever get a Digital Camera I will post a pic of it all.

merylsilverburg
May 1st, 2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
And Meryl, Yes Shenmue II..(Import) Is On DreamCast! Man, I'll Get That System For Shenmue....I Just Know It!

HOLY COW!! The sequel is on the Japanese DC??!! Well, what the hell am I waiting for? If I can't play it on the PS2, I'll just get the DC version! I have a Japanese Dreamcast after all! If I don't understand it, I'll just read what happens in the guide book or something...:P Ah...though I do prefer to understand it the first time around. Oh well...:laugh:

Game_Developer: Please do post your pics whenever you can. I'm interested to see what you've got! ;)

BowevelJoe
May 2nd, 2002, 10:55 AM
aye, you can buy it for like $30, well at babbages in my town, not a bad price, though i dont have the moolah..perhaps ill get afriend to burn it.. :)

Game_Developer
May 2nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Meryl, do you mean the pics for my game or the pics of my shenmue stuff....????

merylsilverburg
May 2nd, 2002, 11:49 PM
Heh, I meant, please post a pic of your Shenmue stuff. :)

Game_Developer
May 3rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
Yea, as soon as I can get a scanner or digi-camera..