PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2

happy_doughnut
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:23 AM
What do you think about this upcoming game? I, personally, can't wait!! Taking in mind that this game has been being developed for more than a year and that it is one of the most anticipated fighting games, I think it's going to be very good. Also, this new SC will be using a lot more polygons than the first which means that the clothing will be a lot more realistic and the weapons will be super-detailed. I just hope its as good as it sounds. What do you think?

Infernal Mass
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:26 AM
the trailer looks awsome..this game is definately going to own.Have you seen the trailer yet?
There playing one in quicktime format over at ign check it out..it's short but definately worth seeing.It shows most of the characters with the exception of voldo..i'm almost certain that one of the stages shown in the teaser was his though.

trunks69420
Apr 19th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Soul Calibur for DC was my fav. game for the system, and the fact that the sequel is coming to PS2 makes me even happier. CANT WAIT!!:roll:

Does anyone have the release date??

Mercury Shadow
Apr 19th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Where's the trailer at on the internet?

Infernal Mass
Apr 19th, 2002, 05:21 PM
i think ign may have taken it down all i can find now are pics.i have it on my c/drive though.It's short but the music and graphics are great.There is only a few short words spoken at the end in Japanese..by a samari.The intro is in english.."Transcending time and the world"..blah blah..part.

I never played Soul Calibur 1 but Soul Blade was a solid title.I remember that character with the nunchucku who could get the poison tipped ones..good stuff.

merylsilverburg
Apr 19th, 2002, 07:00 PM
I can't wait for this game! Soul Calibur was my absoulute fav. for the DC and I'm definitely going to get the sequel. BTW, Soul Blade was excellent. Of course, the graphics now are outdated, but it's still a classic.

Kabuki: The character with the nunchucku you're talking about is Li Long. I don't remember about him having poison ones though. I haven't played the game in a while, so I probably forgot if he did or not. Oh well. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 19th, 2002, 07:38 PM
I love the first game and cant wait for the second.Definatley a must get.And for a closing note "Voldo Lives :evil:

Infernal Mass
Apr 19th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Kabuki: The character with the nunchucku you're talking about is Li Long.

yup, Li Long that's him..remember his arena was a raft floating around. :) ..classic soul blade.The poison ones were a funky purple/green color with..if i remember right, little fang things at the end.That was my favorite character..him and Cervantez.Li Long, was a little faster though.

Spirit
Apr 24th, 2002, 12:12 AM
the first was great and had amazing graphics for dc :D
I can't wait until this babe is out :D

Mercury Shadow
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Holy Crap.... I was looking around at IGN and I found that they rated Soul Calibur 1 a 10.0!! That makes me even more excited about Soul Calibur 2! Could this be the best fighter, ever? and beat out VF4, Tekken 4, and MK: DA?

happy_doughnut
Apr 26th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Hmm...I dunno Merc. VF4 is selling by the bunddles. I think SC2 has a chance at knocking MK: DA and Tekken4 outta the race but VF4 is a toughy!

Infernal Mass
May 3rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
tekken 4 looks great.It's going to be interesting seeing so many good fighting games out this year.I'm obligated to buy all of them being a the huge fan of fighting games that i am.

http://www.ps2nn.com/ubb/avatars/Blanka.gif

Sword 4 Hire
May 3rd, 2002, 09:40 PM
I've never played the first one...what makes it so good?

Infernal Mass
May 7th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Soul Blade was action packed.i guess alot things contributed to the success of the franchise (story.characters,learning curve and battle system)
The best element of the game i thought, was the diffrent weapons you could acquire after winning a couple of rounds.Like those poison Nanchucku.

Capoeira
May 8th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Speakin of Soul Calibur, has anyone ever heard of that one song from Eminem feat. D12 where he uses the music beat from Soul Calibur as well as a few sound bytes?

Mercury Shadow
May 8th, 2002, 02:06 PM
seriously, capoeira? what's the song title?

Capoeira
May 8th, 2002, 02:29 PM
I believe it's called "Hellbound", but I'm not sure, I burned it on a CD off my friends computer.