PDA

View Full Version : Did Konami Lie To Us!?

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:36 PM
(SPOILER)!!!!!!!!!

Well, If U Grab Ure MGS2 DVD Case, And U Look At The Back Side Of The DVD Case!.!

Right Under The "FEATURES" Section!.! Note The Second Feature!

*Battle New, Highly Skilled Opponents, As Well As Some Returning Vengeful Foes*

Ok I MAY Be Going Into Way Too Much Detail. But I Am Right About It!.! We Did Not FIGHT Any RETURNING Characters! Ocelot Was There, But We Never Go Against Him, NINJA Was There, But Same Thing!-! We Dont Fight Him!.! So Why Or HOW Could They Lie About Something Like This!.!?.?

IcyMourdor
Jan 26th, 2002, 08:15 PM
I think you're being a little too picky about the game. The game was great without having to fight the guys.

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 08:22 PM
I Did Mention That I Am Going Into Way Too Much Detail. But I Am Right Man!.! I Mean............They Shouldn't WRITE It Down, If Its Not In The Game!.!

Its Like Saying....That BIG MAC Contains Two Beef, But When U EAT IT.....It Doesn't Even HAVE One In It.!. Wouldn't U Complain!

IcyMourdor
Jan 26th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. It would be nice to fight Ocelot again now that he has Liquid's arm. Putting those two together would make a formidable pole.

BowevelJoe
Jan 26th, 2002, 09:57 PM
yeah, like i said the movie scene fights were cool at first but then they began to get annoying lol, but ah well it was his game to create not mine, and he still did a good job.

Killuminati
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:41 PM
yeah u were goin into to much Detail..........they also said Solid Snake would have to save the world again........its all an advertising scheme

Spirit
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:38 AM
yea you're 100% right MS, the only thing is, we can't do **** about it....

Pu the Owl
Jan 27th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Xiliphore
yeah u were goin into to much Detail..........they also said Solid Snake would have to save the world again........its all an advertising scheme

Yeah, the same things happens for other games, movies and so on... It's an advertising strategy. Not a complete lie, nor a complete truth. :rolleyes:

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:44 PM
It may be all an advert scheme but what if those supposed cool stuff like playing against old foes,sticking gum to the cam,mounting your own cam where all true for Metal Gear X(Metal Gear on Xbox).Now I am beginning to doubt Konami:mad:

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
It may be all an advert scheme but what if those supposed cool stuff like playing against old foes,sticking gum to the cam,mounting your own cam where all true for Metal Gear X(Metal Gear on Xbox).Now I am beginning to doubt Konami:mad:

Thats Something I Dont Wanna Think About Cause It Gives Me Heart Aches!.! Which I Dont Want!.! :(

But Still...Saying At The BACK Of The Game That We'll Be FIGHTING Old Characters Is A BIG Thing!.! I Mean It Is!.!

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Though it sounds Heart breaking and disappointing,it may be Quite true.you may never know what Konami may be up to.Infact they didnt have no reason to print "fights against old foes".When you even come to think of it, just writing "Fights against old foes" may had have cost them alot of money for printing it.

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Well I Know That MGSX Is Coming Out On Xbox, I Just Hope Its Another SAME Port Of PS2, Nothing Extra

But I Think In That Game (MGSX) We'll Play As Snake In The Plant Chapter, And Fight Old Foes! (Snake Vs Ocelot/Liquid) Under Water Or Something!.! .. Remember When Snake Jumps After The Ray!.! So I Guess It'll Be True For XBOX!.! And Then I'll Have To Buy XBOX Too!! Ouch!!

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Well thats life for you men,Save some dough for the Xbox cuz theres deffinately gonna be some ps2 ports for the Xbox(remember the plant chapter).The only thing im afraid of is the sharp fall in market that the ps2 will receive due to the release of MGSX on the Xbox.Imagine the MGS2 graphics,multiply those graphics three times,that should give you an idea of how the game would look like on the Xbox.:mad:

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:07 PM
True!.! But What If. I MEAN What If.....Its Just A Simple PORT Of PS2!.! I Mean.....Like Same Graphics And Nothing Special!.! I'll Be More Then HAPPY Then!.! Cause I Dont Like Billy BOY!.! He Wants To Take Over The World!.! In A Different way!

Well Neways!.! I Should talk To Konami About Writing It Down At The Back Of The DVD Case About Fighting Old Foes! And Not Lettin Us Fight Them!.! :mad: :mad: :D

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:24 PM
MGS2 was exclusive to the PS2, its not going to be released on the Xbox, whos feeding you this trash?

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:25 PM
This is serious men.The fact that Konami wrote something that wasnt on the game is terrible enough.Let me Digress a little, lately there has been a kinda serious tricks played by Game makers in a mischievious way.WHY the hell did Sega stop making Consoles?the reason that i was told was that sega was BROKE.How the hell will SEGA be broke.they do make games for other consoles,right.What if Sega told the whole world that it stopped making consoles and it then went to make games for other consoles dont you think that sega will be able to know all the Details and specifications of the 3 new next gen games ie ps2,Xbox,and game cube and what if they made a Very POWERFULL CONSOLE that was 10 times the strenght of the Xbox.You see Something is wrong.Konami had no reason whats so ever to write something they knew wasnt in the game.:(

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
MGS2 was exclusive to the PS2, its not going to be released on the Xbox, whos feeding you this trash?

There Are Other Ways To Ask A Question Too (In A Decent Manner)!.!

Neways......Ive Been Getting It From An Xbox Site!.!

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:43 PM
This thing is a conspiracy i tell ya.MGS is gonna go to XBox:mad:

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:52 PM
GaseousSnake, Whatever U said About DreamCast And All......I Think It Makes Perfect Sense!.! I Never Thought Of It!.! I Have A Wierd Feeling Now Too...That A Day Will Come When....Sega Would Release.....A System Which Will Destroy Everything!.!.....But By That Time! I Think....PS3 Will Be Out!.! So I Dont Worry That Much!.. But It Does Make Sense!

And Like I Said......I Think MGS2 Is Coming Out On XBOX In Which I Think WE WILL Fight Old Foes!.!......I Just HOPE KONAMI Releases The SAME PORT Of That Game On PS2 Too! So We Can Enjoy It Too ....... Without Buying That UglyBox! :) :D

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:07 PM
MGSX is all a rumor, dont worry about it coming out to the Xbox, its never going to happen, dont believe everything you read unless its on an Official Xbox website, just reading in a forum doesnt mean its true, i mean i could say that Super Mario 12 is going to be released for the PS2, but unless youve been struck dumb you know that thats not true lol. Sorry about being rude, its just that rumors piss me off lol, the let down people way to much, and one like that, man, just take my word for it, its a bunch of crap, MGSX will never exist.

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:41 PM
I Hope It Doesn't!.! I Dont Want That To Happen!.!

But Lets See If Konami Will Release Another CD Of MGS2 (Special Edition) In America Where We Can Play As Snake!.! That Would Be Great!!

merylsilverburg
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:02 PM
BowevelJoe is right. I don't think that MGS2 will be going on the X-Box (Thankfully). The X-Box really likes to make all sorts of rumors just to get people excited and making them want to purchase the EXTREMELY HEAVY console. Plus, the X-Box is full of crap. Sorry to those who likes it, or has one, but for example, I am a Dreamcast fan besides the PS/PS2. I owned this game called "Jet Grind Radio", which I was very upset to hear that the sequel was going to be EXCLUSIVELY on the X-Box only. But then, I heard that it was going to come out on the PS2. The same thing goes for "Dead or Alive 3". I agree with you MakgSnake, that Bill Gates is really trying to take over the world and I'm sick and tired of hearing about him. Did any of you guys hear about that "NEW" console that Bill Gates is trying to create now? It's called the "HomeStation" which is going to be a video game/TiVo/computer system console thing. I mean, WHAT THE HELL?! :mad: Ugh! Let's hope that the "HomeStation" won't see the light of day.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:59 PM
The Xboxers think MGS is going to the Xbox, and it might, BUT it looks like GTA3 is not. There's serious doubts now that GTA3 will ever see the Xbox. Who knows, maybe MGSX will share the same fate. I hope MGS remains a PS2 exclusive just to p*ss off the Xbox fanboys. ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 27th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Ok I'm gonna settle this little dispute on mgs and xbox.It IS NOT COMING TO XBOX.The news your reading is very old,when the rumors started.There hasnt been any updated info on the game right or anything on extra freatures so it must not be going to the system.You also notice all the screens the show are ps2 screens not xbox

BowevelJoe
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:20 AM
thanks SSnake thats what ive been trying to tell them lol, its diry rumors and Xbox fanboys are good at cooking em up, Xbox isnt going to get any GTA games much less MGS, its a bunch of dung,poo,shiza, crap,shi..ok ill stop:p

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:34 AM
I didn't even realize that hmmmmmmmmmmm good one makg

GaseousSnake
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:42 AM
I just Hope that this whole issue is not true for the Metal Gear Series.Insha Allah it will only be a one console game ie ps2s.But theres something thats seriously disturbing me.The fact that Segas "Sonic the Hedge Hog "has seen the likes of the Nintendo Game Cube is something of a Mystery.These 2 Companys(Sega and Nintendo) have been batteling it out since the 16-Bit era of gaming, why then will Sega want to make a debut of Sonic on a Nintendo Console is the question.What im trying to point out here is simple, if SONIC THE HEDGEHOG will be a Nintendo game dont you guys think that the MGS series may be also taken to the Xbox?Frankly I dont even like the Xbox cause its a load.I rest my case:D

BowevelJoe
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Sonic is going to be multiplatform, not just gamecube lol, if a MGS game comes out for Xbox it will be MGS3 or whatever they call the next one, but no way Konami is going to be stingy and sell out to Microsoft, its much more profitable to release a game multiplatform like Sega is doing now. MGS2 was only released on PS2 because it was started so long ago before the Xbox was even starting...dont worry about it lol

GaseousSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Okay now i get it.Cheers Mate:D

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Ok I'm gonna settle this little dispute on mgs and xbox.It IS NOT COMING TO XBOX

Do you have any articles to back that up? If not how are you so sure? Just because there isn't any updated news on sites doesn't mean there isn't a team hard at work developing the game for Xbox.

Reid
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:48 AM
One other thing as well . . .
Kojima has stopped working on the Metal Gear series, so even if others are released on other systems, they won't be directed by him and most likely won't be quite as good.

But anyway, doesn't this sort of show why exclusive games are stupid? If there was some sort of "universal" system then everyone would be happy! (A little bit of hippy idealogy.)
:D

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Yeah I Kinda Agree With You, How About Making PS2 The Universal System!.! hehehe.. :D .......

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:24 AM
I can only think of one word of what that would be Makg that would be SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT if it was the universal system

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:26 AM
a universal system would be extremely awesome and cool

Zelgadis
Feb 8th, 2002, 09:09 PM
hhe konami did bring us some cool stuff even tho we got not 2 fight old foes but who carse just be happy that ninja and lquid are in game they dont even suppos 2 be in game but konami did bring us 2 of coolest characters back so shut up

MakgSnake
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Zelgadis
ninja and lquid are in game they dont even suppos 2 be in game but konami did bring us 2 of coolest characters back so shut up
What The..........

Zelgadis
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:47 AM
of=the and what even though that ninja is not gray fox well so
anywya man 4get it and why would u wanna fight old foes anyway they are all dead and gone
only character that i really would like 2 see in mgs3 is raven

MakgSnake
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Zelgadis
anywya man 4get it and why would u wanna fight old foes anyway they are all dead and gone
only character that i really would like 2 see in mgs3 is raven
First U Say....To Forget About Old Foes, Then U Say U Wanna See Raven. Absurd U Are

GaseousSnake
Feb 12th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I totally agree makgsnake.this dude doesnt know what he is talking about

Zelgadis
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:55 PM
raven is coolest character ever 4me and + he said that he will be watching snake for rest of his life . well i said that i would liek 2 see Raven in mgs3 like solid's supporter which would be preatty cool(but i dont think that this will ever happen) afterall topic is about why dont we get 2 FIGHT old foes right
so i said 4get them they are all dead and gone and we cant fight them again but couse raven's toy was in mgs2 it makes me think that he is gonna be in mgs3 to maybe his spirit or maybe just another toy of great warrior well i hope ya understand what i mean

GaseousSnake
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Sorry men i hope u werent offended or anything but let me make something clear,Microsoft has more dough than Sony.If you do math,ull find out that Microsoft will pay alot for the MGS series since the MGS series constitutes about 50 percent the publicity ps2 gets,and also remember that Hideo said he will stop directing the mgs series but if he were to direct for another console dont you think he will get more pay.

Zelgadis
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:17 PM
hmmm mgs is big game that will evry1 buy no matter on what consule microsoft sure will pay alot for mgs and of course kojima will asccapt their offer at last if sony dont pay kojima more then microsoft about directing i dunno man lets just hope that mgs3 comes out :)

GaseousSnake
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:30 PM
MGS3 is surely gonna be out but the prob is it shouldnt come out earlier on the Xbox and it should have the same graphics as the ps2s version(since the Xbox is 3X the ps2 power)

Vamp
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:50 AM
i think kojima did lie

hideo bad boy very bad. should be spanked

Mercury Shadow
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:21 PM
If the next metal gear related game is out on XBOX and not PS2, or even XBOX first and then PS2, well... we know that the metal gear team has betrayed us. They got popular on the PSX.

GaseousSnake
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Well thats life for you.Money makes the world go round.

Zelgadis
Feb 19th, 2002, 03:01 AM
ye abut dont u think they would get more payed
if mgs3 comes out on ps2 and x-box
mgs is very very popular game but if konami really batrayed us then im gonna blow them up (im serious kojim u batter take this serious) :)

GaseousSnake
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Its coming out on both consoles but the fact still remains that Xbox is stronger and if konami should use this fact,then sony will be trashed.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ah Mgs3 will probably come out for Ps3 if anything

MakgSnake
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
BowevelJoe is right. I don't think that MGS2 will be going on the X-Box (Thankfully).
This thread made me laugh, when reading today...... its quite fun to read all this again. Nice.