PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Dark Cloud?

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 11:15 AM
I know a lot of bad has been said about this game, but I wonder...is it really that bad? I'm buying a new game today and there's TM Black and Dark Cloud to choose from (I can't afford anything but a GH game). I just bought GT3 and ATV OF, so the thought of another driving type game is not too appealing at this time. Gamespot gave it an 8.1 and the screens look pretty good. What other games would you compare it to?

BlackThornn
Apr 18th, 2002, 12:35 PM
First off... LMFAO at your new sig, man. Hilarious. :laugh:

Second.. I've actually heard alot of good things about Dark Cloud. One heretic actually said it was better than final fantasy, but I think the only one he'd ever played was 9, so it's forgiveable I think... Anyway. I've only played snippets of it, but those snippets were pretty cool.

Were I in your shoes I'd go with Dark Cloud, but of course that's just because of my personal preference of.. well, pretty much any PS2 game over twisted metal. Never have liked them. :D

Mercury Shadow
Apr 18th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Dark Cloud isn't worth your $20 man. I spit on Dark Cloud because it's SO TERRIBLE. I just have really strong feelings toward it. Twisted Metal Black is a much much much better buy :)

I hate it when people compare Dark Cloud to Zelda, first off because it's nothing like it (or atleast a terrible attempt at creating a Zelda like world.

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Well I have one pro and one con. Ok I've never played Zelda so I won't compare. Could you give me some reasons as to why you hate it so much? TMB is a great game and I'm going to get it, but I don't want another car game right now. I'm in the mood for an adventure game.

Mercury Shadow
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:00 PM
the action is very lame and boring... it's all the same, and all the dungeons will remind you of the one before. very repetitive! The controls, in my mind, really aren't that great... everytime you go into a dungeon, you'll need to go find water, and keep on going back to get water every few seconds! it's so tedious! The only cool part is that you can rebuild your town the way you want to... It just really sucks.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Like Merc said, each dungeon looks the same. Each dungeon has a bunch of one level floors that are just a bunch of rooms connected to eachother so it's really plain. You have to find pieces of villages in it, like you find an orb and when you open it you'll find a door, you take that door and add it to your village that your trying to rebuild. I know that's confusing but it's pretty cool. But Dark Cloud's gameplay is so horrible and repetitive! Some dungeons have over 100 floors I heard...but hey yopu might like it, but i'd rent it first

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Hmmm..I watched some movies and I think you guys are right. I'll pass on the Dark Cloud.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I'm sure there are more adventure games out there that you've yet to play...

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Oh there is.....only they don't have that nice Greatest Hits pricetag.

IcyMourdor
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:41 PM
I've played the game. It is way too easy. Don't bother wasting for money on this game.

The story is original, but a little childish. Music could be better. The graphics are alright.

I say go for TMBlack if you like multiplayer games.

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Well as luck would have it, Red Faction has gone GH. So I bought that. ;)

BlackThornn
Apr 18th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Red Faction went GH? *runs out to buy it*

Mercury Shadow
Apr 18th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Sweet!! red Faction went GH?!! It's one of the best FPS (gulp) of all time :)

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 18th, 2002, 09:34 PM
I love it. BTW how does Half Life compare to it? I've been eyeing that too.

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 18th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Half life is one of the best single player FPS ever.On the ps2 it has some an enhancements but it is still an awesome game.Its longer than red faction and is very enjoyable.

x157anz
Apr 19th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Dark clous is an amazing game if you like RPGS.
The only BIG problm about it is that the game is very repetative.

Collect town pieces - fight - build town

I got pretty far but in the end i just stopped playing it because i got sooo bored.

i dont recomend you buy it.
You can buy mine for $10 :p