PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Convention

merylsilverburg
Apr 17th, 2002, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure how many people here have heard of the term "cosplay", but for those of you who don't, it's dressing up as your favorite anime character. The whole bit, hair, jewelry, shoes, everything. There are many anime/cosplay conventions that take place and there's also competitions on whoever has the best costume. There are people who specially design costumes for whichever character you want to be. So, my question is: If you were to dress up as an anime character, who would you like to dress up as and why? I'll post mine later after I hear a few of your responses. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 17th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Hmm i would wanna dress up as heero yui or milnardo peacecraft from gundam wing.Reasons for wanted to dress up like them is only because there my 2 favorite anime characters

BowevelJoe
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:34 AM
hhmm...this is a hard one..some characters would be freakin hard, like Vash, where are you going to find that awsome red coat? lol..ahh man...hmm..Hah, get a blue suit and be Wolfwood..or perhaps get another "edited" blue suit and you could be Spike..ahh...i guess it wouldnt be too hard..

Pu the Owl
Apr 18th, 2002, 01:30 PM
mmm...I've never thought about it, mainly because there will never be the possibility that I try cosplaying :right:

I'd rather be male, because IMO the better costumes are for male characters! The greatest part of anime chicks like to go around half-naked :sarcasm:

I'd like a Legato Bluesummers' costume XD

merylsilverburg
Apr 18th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
hhmm...this is a hard one..some characters would be freakin hard, like Vash, where are you going to find that awsome red coat? lol..ahh man...hmm..Hah, get a blue suit and be Wolfwood..or perhaps get another "edited" blue suit and you could be Spike..ahh...i guess it wouldnt be too hard..

Ahh, some people on Ebay have sold Vash costumes. Some of them were really good, but I didn't have money then. :right: Anyway, SSSnake, those are pretty cool picks, but I've never seen Gundam, so I wouldn't know what their costumes look like. Fortune, I like Legato's costume too! :cool: Hmm...I guess this thread won't be doing so well, so I'll just name a few people I'd like to cosplay as:
Utena Tenjou from Revolutionary Girl Utena, because I like her character and her costume is pretty cool and simple. Anthy Himmemiya from Revolutionary Girl Utena because I already have her costume, I just can't wear it. :heh: R. Dorothy Wayneright from The Big O. Dorothy is such a cool character and her outfit is black and cute!:love: Alucard from Hellsing because he is one kick-ass character and his outfit is sooo cool!

Heh, there's probably more, but these are really my favorite picks.

Reid
Apr 18th, 2002, 08:53 PM
I don't think I'd ever cosplay.

:heh:

But if I did, it would probably be something, not terribly outlandish, like Wolfwood or Spike, because it's just a slightly modified suit.

Actually, having a but in a suit at a school banquet seemed quite Bebop-ish . . . unintentional cosplay?

Weird!

:P

merylsilverburg
Apr 18th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Yes, there are some people who don't like to cosplay, but the whole outlandish thing is the fun of it! :D I read about some Japanese girls who spent around $2,000+ (American dollars converted from yen) on their costumes. :shock: Now, I'd never do that!

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 18th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Heres a pic of the guy i would like to dress as.I dont think the clothes would be hard but the hair would

Zechs 1 (http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/vonnegut/64/6-42.jpg)

Zechs 2 (http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/vonnegut/64/ew6-6.jpg)

Zechs 3 (http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/vonnegut/64/6-47.jpg)

How bout everyone else post some pictures to the characters they would like to dress up as

MakgSnake
Apr 18th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

I'd rather be male, because IMO the better costumes are for male characters! The greatest part of anime chicks like to go around half-naked :sarcasm:
I Dont Think Many People Mind That, I Mean A Chick Is Suppose To Be Hot Or Atleast Cute. And Thats The Way To Do It!.! I Actually Like Anime Chicks....... But I Agree That Anime Guys Are Way COOLER Then Anyother Cartoon Heroes.

But Oh The Chicks And Their Dresses! lol!

Cannibal Clown
Apr 19th, 2002, 07:31 AM
I'd like to be Spike, or Van from the begining of escaflowne, when he's in that cool armour stuff.

But I'd also like to have Toji's plug suit, from Evangelion, that'd be cool.

merylsilverburg
Apr 19th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Heres a pic of the guy i would like to dress as.I dont think the clothes would be hard but the hair would

That's a cool looking character, SSSnake. The hair would be kinda tough. If you want to go full blow, then you can dye your hair white/pale yellow, then use lots of gel and hairspray and try to get the style you want. I've seen a lot of people with outrageous hairstyles when they're trying to get the style from their character. Either that, or you can request a custom-made wig. :)

happy_doughnut
Apr 20th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I'd definitely go for Vash or Kenshin. I think they are both extremely well designed and it'd be great to dress up like them! Although, I think I might have some trouble adjusting my hair. ^_^