PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga-Disappointment!?

DragonSphere
Apr 14th, 2002, 09:40 PM
I couldn't believe it myself after reading this Import Review of the game. I now fear the U.S. release and have second thoughts of buying it. Has the series turn for the worst with Monolith Soft?

http://www.the-ethos.org/news/030502/review.php

IcyMourdor
Apr 14th, 2002, 10:18 PM
I usually don't read reviews. I like to play the game for myself and see if i like it. That review still seemed to like it somewhat. It all depends on what you like.

Hadoken
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:03 PM
I had a feeling critics were gonna say stuff like that.
But I dont really care. I`m gonna buy it neways.
What you have to remember is that this is a series, and episode 1 could probably just be there mainly for storyline purposes.
What mistakes they made here can probably be improved in the next one.
Which is why i`m optimistic about the xeno series.
I have to know the story in this one if i`m to continue playing the next one, so I might as well get it.
It seems to have quite a lot of cinematic scenes, so i`ll just think of it as like one really long movie. lol

happy_doughnut
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Ah, good point.
But you're also right Sphere, that review drained a bit of the image I had for Xenosaga. However, Tetsuya Takahashi and his team have noticed the flaws in the game and are trying to improve them. Also, Xenosaga, along with FFX and Suidoken III, has rapidly emerged as one of the best RPG's for the ps2.This can be because not only is it a sequel to one of the fan's most beloved games but it also has sci-fi aesthetics and innovative mechanics should make it an intriguing change of pace for even those who are not Xenogear's fans.
Plus, the very popular freelance musician,Yasunori Mitsuda, will be composing the entire soundtrack for the game which includes 50 or more different tracks. But since the London Philharmonic Orchestra will be performing the compositions, it may stray away a little from Mitsuda's celtic style. Nevertheless, the Gregorian style chants will fit in perfectly with Xenosaga's religious atmosphere.
I think these new features will make it and enjoyable game. And as I previously mentioned, Takahashi it trying to improve the game's flaws. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until the game comes out to see how good or bad it really is.

Spirit
Apr 16th, 2002, 10:20 AM
yes well it seems like they have to remake the game to make it keep upwith its preceeder

Sword 4 Hire
May 25th, 2002, 08:16 PM
I don't care what any review says...I have high hopes for this game as well as the rest of the Xeno series...I'm definately getting this game!

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 10:00 PM
according to the review...the game's only faults are in it's storyline. As for the gameplay and graphics, they recieved good ratings for the most part. I haven't played the original Xenogears, so the storyline faults shouldn't apply to me...the game seems great so far though

Beretta55
May 26th, 2002, 12:46 AM
i havent even heard of this game.