PDA

View Full Version : The True Ending to Rurouni Kenshin

merylsilverburg
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:52 AM
I just finished watching the last part the new 2002 OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin.....Seisou-hen...I am extremely depressed now......there are major spoilers here, so if you haven't finished watching every single episode of the TV, seen the OVA, or read every book of the manga, please don't read this, because this is the true ending of this wonderful series, and it will break your heart.......if you really want to know, then go ahead and read it, but you've been warned:

At the very end........Himura, Kenshin dies. His cross-shaped scar fades away and he dies in Kaoru's arms. Kenshin was diagnosed with some kind of disease, but since I haven't gotten the fansubbed yet, I can't understand what happened. All I know is, Kenshin is dead and I think, Kaoru too.

There it is. The true ending. My information is not incorrect, because I have every manga book and what happens in this OVA happened after the manga's ending. So, it's true. I'm kinda in denial right now......and I'm so sorry to all the Kenshin fans who love this series........

Spirit
Apr 14th, 2002, 01:46 AM
i didn't read anything meryl but could you please tell me all the kenshin movies/episodes/ovas that are out, their names and where I can get them....pleaseeeeee
I can't find "trust" anywhere!!!! and I want to see the new ovas so badlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
awwwwwwwwwww chripesssss

merylsilverburg
Apr 14th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Okay Spirit, I'll name everthing. These are all the English release:

TV Series
Tokyo Arc
1. The Legendary Swordsman
2. Battle in the Moonlight
3. Shadow Elite
4. False Prophet
5. Renegade Samurai
6. The Flames of Revolution

Kyoto Arc
1. Shadow of the Wolf
2. Ice Blue Eyes
3. Heart of the Sword
4. Between Life and Death
5. Faces of Evil
6. Blind Justice
7. Innocence and Experience
8. Fire Requiem

Revenge Arc
1. Firefly's Wish
2. Son of God
3. Holy War (Not Yet Released)
4. Fall From Grace (Not Yet Released)
5. Dreams of Youth (Not Yet Released)
6. Souless Knights (Not Yet Released)
*There's more, but I can't find the titles to the rest because they haven't started production on those yet*

OVA
Tsuioku-hen (Memory Arc)
1. Samurai X: Trust
2. Samurai X: Betrayal

Movie
1. Samurai X: The Movie

OVA 2 2002 Released
Seisou-hen (Passing of Time Arc)
1. Volume 1 (I don't know the titles)
2. Volume 2

It's very, very confusing, especially if you've never read the manga or seen the OVA. I'm not sure if you want to know much more.......I could explain everything to you; the stuff involving the manga and the OVA and the new OVA, but I don't know if you want to hear about it. If anyone else wants to know the whole "Kenshin" story, you can just say so, and I can PM you or post it here. I've seen everything, so that's why I am able to watch the new OVAs. As to where to get all this.......I got the English copies at Sam Goody in a mall. If you're looking for VHS, it's going to be tough, because the VHS is slowly dying away because of the popularity of DVDs now. So, if you're having trouble looking for the OVAs, Spirit, I suggest you go onto Ebay. I own the DUBBED versions (VHS) of the OVAs and I tried to sell them on Ebay but no one wanted to bid. I was planning on getting the DVDs, that's why. Anyway, I know you want to see the new OVAs really badly, but it's only Japan-released now, and I'm not sure if it's going to be licensed and brought over to the US. This new OVA is the absolute finale, so you MUST have seen the TV, OVA, and all 28 of the mangas (or find out the storyline in the mangas). I hope this helps.

Spirit
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:50 PM
thx a lot meryl, I appreciate it. Now all I want to know is where to get it >.<

Spirit
Apr 20th, 2002, 03:06 AM
watched the 1st one....
it is most certainly depressing and I caught a glimpse of your psot meryl, and I hope with all of my heart that isn't true :(

merylsilverburg
Apr 20th, 2002, 03:16 AM
Hold on a min, Spirit.....did you see the OVA "Trust"? :confused:

Spirit
Apr 20th, 2002, 05:29 PM
:D hehehe yup finally
it came along with the betrayal and the movie when I got the 95 episodes off of ebay :D

merylsilverburg
Apr 20th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Ahh....I get it. Okay, Spirit, don't panic. :laugh: What you caught a glimpse of in my first post was a different OVA. The ones you're watching (Trust, Betrayal) are the old OVAs that were released around the time of the TV series. Trust and Betrayal just talks about Kenshin's past. The new OVAs I'm talking about were just released in 2002, so the "true ending" is in these. "Trust" and "Betrayal" are part of the Tsuioku Arc (Memory Arc). These new 2002 OVAs are the Seisou Arc (Passing of Time Arc). The Seisou Arc have not been released in the US, because it just came out in Japan. I was able to see these new ones because I purchased them....in full Japanese. I didn't understand a thing, until I got some translations, then I found out the story. I suggest you watch the TV Series, "Trust", "Betrayal", and if you can, try to look at all the volumes in the manga, so then if you ever get a chance to watch Seisou Arc, it would make more sense. I'm sorry if this confused you. :heh: If you need any more help or want me to clear up anything, please tell me and I'll try my best. ;)

Spirit
Apr 21st, 2002, 12:56 AM
no worries meryl :D
my friend got the new ova with subtitles, and thats what I was talking about :D
Its great =P

merylsilverburg
Apr 21st, 2002, 04:36 AM
Your friend got the new OVAs? That's great! :) Well, if that's the case, then....um....yeah, my post is true. :( I'm glad you're able to catch the new OVAs, because it's pretty hard to find them, except on Ebay. ;)

Spirit
Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:12 AM
ive only seen the first one >.<