PDA

View Full Version : battle of the battle systems

nanjij
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:20 PM
i think the battle system in rpgs, make the game.
so wots ure favourite
by far my favourite is the tales of destiny/phantasia/eternity battle system, because of its interactitiveness(sp).
in second it would have to be grandia 2, cause u have to think about ure moves before jumping in to the normal combo attack, also the amazing visuals when magic is done is amazing
when u think about it theres not that much special about ff games,well apart from the amzing graphics again

JC Denton
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:24 PM
dont hate me, but i thought return to krondor had a good battle system.

x157anz
Apr 13th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Golden sun would be mine (allthough i havn't played alot of RPG'S)
To say its on a handheld and its just as good as final fantasy makes it even better :ghost:

nanjij
Apr 13th, 2002, 05:25 PM
i havent played either of them but i really would like to try golden sun, is it good?

IcyMourdor
Apr 13th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Legend of Legaia has one of my favorites. Followed by LoD and then the ATB of FF.

Pu the Owl
Apr 13th, 2002, 11:02 PM
I love Vagrant Story's battle system :heh:

Macceh^
Apr 14th, 2002, 03:25 AM
suikoden and parasite eve

x157anz
Apr 14th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Oye i forgot Vagrant Story that is my fav!! :cool:

jenova_jeb
Apr 14th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Final Fantasy X and Chrono Cross both had amazing battle systems.

nanjij
Apr 14th, 2002, 01:24 PM
vagrant story the best :roll: thats the crappist :mad: the shitist :frust: game and battle system i have ever played but this is just my opinion

oh wots LoD nothing seems to spring to mind
yeah legend of legaia pretty cool system

IcyMourdor
Apr 14th, 2002, 03:37 PM
LoD is Legend of Dragoon

Pu the Owl
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by nanjij
vagrant story the best :roll: thats the crappist :mad: the shitist :frust: game and battle system i have ever played but this is just my opinion

Be careful: I haven't told you it's the best battle system, I only said I liked it. In fact there are also other good battle systems, but I didn't like them as the one of VS.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:17 PM
I really liked FFX's because you could switch around your characters, you could see who was gonna go next and plan your attack strategically, and because the visuals were amazing!

I too like Legend of Legaia....but towards the end the combo moves got really old.

nanjij
Apr 15th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
LoD is Legend of Dragoon

im not keen on that battle system, the attacks r a bit strange. i love the new avatar moudor

"Be careful:" it was my opinion as i said, and i value ure opinion, wot have i said wrong?

Legend of legaia is a bit like grandia but with the totaly over the top combo's, Those super combo's wot a joke

happy_doughnut
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:52 AM
LoD. It's cool because you have to time the attacks. Besides, it's quite unique.