PDA

View Full Version : Severance

JC Denton
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:18 PM
i just got it and i think its really cool, what do you lot think about it?

its a bit hard though.

nice and gorey (you can pick dead people limbs up and thrash other guys with them)

IcyMourdor
Apr 13th, 2002, 07:08 PM
This is an RPG?

happy_doughnut
Apr 14th, 2002, 01:03 AM
I've never heard of it. But it doesn't sound like an RPG though. At least, it doesn't sound like any I've ever played.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:19 PM
The only game I can think of that matches that description is State of Emergency??

JC Denton
Apr 15th, 2002, 03:17 PM
it is an rpg

your a guy with a sword/axe or girl with a bow ect kill badies
get exp ect.

happy_doughnut
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:07 PM
The only Severance I know is Severance : Blade of Darkness which was published by Codemasters but that's an Action/Adventure game so it isn't that one is it...

JC Denton
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:16 PM
ummm yes it is, but in my eyes its an rpg, some games are really hard to tell, what would you call diablo 2 for instance or deus ex which incidently should be classed as rpg, but i think not. Adventure and role playing are similar things as there is rarley an rpg which does not involve adventure/action symptoms and vica versa, so as with many games

DOES IT REALLY MATTER.

have you played it? the engine is wicked, but loading can be a little boring.

happy_doughnut
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:37 PM
No but from what I've read it sounds good! I have to try it sometime. And you're right. It is difficult at times to tell the genre of a game. For instance, I was enlightened by J.B. that Zelda was an adventure game not an RPG like I thought it was...*sniff* after all these years...*sniff* :(