PDA

View Full Version : Best mecha design

Carlito
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Which is, in your personal opinions, the anime series with best mecha design?
The question is really easy :D

I must say that I think Evangelion has probably the best mecha design I've ever seen. Especially Unit Eva 01 is really impressive, both for design and animation :shock:

merylsilverburg
Apr 13th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Hmm.....I've only seen, like......Episode 1 of Evangelion, so I can't really say. I don't watch too much mechas, except for the Big O.....but, I don't think the mechas in there are that great, so.....:heh: Well, I guess Evangelion takes my pick, since the mecha designs are such a huge part of this anime. :)

happy_doughnut
Apr 13th, 2002, 07:53 PM
I saw these mechas that were really nice to look at. I can't remember if it was Gundam or Evangelion though...

Pu the Owl
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Evangelion got my vote: the mecha design is really the best I've ever seen in my life and the animation is very smooth and fluid!

Reid
Apr 13th, 2002, 11:10 PM
It's between FLCL and Neon Genesis Evangelion for me.

The mecha in FLCL were very different and odd looking (including their origins and entrances :P ), but the idea behind the Evangelions, design, as well as their fluid movements (sans spoilers when Unit 01 does some bizarre things near the end of the series, the animation is incredibly eerie looking and captures feral, animalistic movement perfectly).

Cannibal Clown
Apr 14th, 2002, 03:17 PM
I've seen hundreds of mechas in my anime lidetime, and personally, I'd have to say that the eva designs are the most original, coolest, and monsterlike mechas ever. They're real cool to look at, and the **** pits themselves are different from all of the otheres I've seen.

I'd also have to say that the Guymelefs look cool as well. But still nothing comapred to an eve. IMO:cool:

Spirit
Apr 14th, 2002, 07:08 PM
evangelion was pretty cool, but from the clips of patlabor I've seen I like their the best =P

Neo_Soldier28
Apr 14th, 2002, 07:55 PM
I like blue genders versions

Cannibal Clown
Apr 15th, 2002, 07:25 AM
About what Spirit said

I only saw the movies for patlabor, and didn't like the mecha designs much at all. They were too boring, and I remember that in the 1st movie, they had to manually load the bullets in the guns. That seemed pretty crappy to me.

But you have your opinion and I respect that.

Miata
Apr 15th, 2002, 12:23 PM
For my money, the all-time best mech designs are from the ova 'Detanator Orgun'. From the main character to the menacing villiam mechs, each design is powerfully realized, with great weaponery, all brought to life with exciting and frenzied animation. If you can find this dvd or video, check it out. If you like slick mech design you'll love it, and if you're not fond of mechs, this may help to alter your opinion.