PDA

View Full Version : Big Boss

Mana
Apr 13th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Now that I see a member with this name, I remembered I wanted to post this before:

knowing you're very good at explaining, can you please tell me what are the links between Big Boss, Liquid and Solid?
I know about the ..ahem *spoilers maybe* cloning thing, but I'd like to know more. Who is exactly Big Boss? Why they made clones of him? Was he a special subject or what?

Qjij_jijQ
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I'm not quite sure if I can answer that correctly, but MakgSnake will probably correct me if I'm wrong... Here's what I believe to be the situation:

Big Boss was a very powerful man, in the military, I think. Scientists decided to make clones of him in order to form the "Perfect soldier". They knew that, by using the genes on someone as powerful as Big Boss, they could make almost invincible soldiers. They made Solid Snake and Liquid Snake. At fist, Solid is rumored to be the "good one" and Liquid only the "left overs". But, when you listen carefully at the end of Metal Gear Solid, you hear that Liquid was in fact supposed to be the superior one and Solid the left overs...

The project was called "Les enfants terribles", witch is french for "The terrible children", but it was terminated for reasons I don't quite know...

... That's about all I can remember for now.

Carlito
Apr 13th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Just a random note on the name "Les Enfants Terribles": Kojima decided this name because he is a big fan of a great French writer/director/painter called Jean Cocteau, and one of Cocteau's most famous books is called "Les Enfants Terribles".

Pu the Owl
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:42 PM
I know it's nothing interesting, but I've read the book Carlito mentioned in his post and I'm not going to tell you the plot, which is kinda complex, but just wanted to say it has nothing to do with soldiers, cloning, missions and so on. ;)

Killuminati
Apr 14th, 2002, 02:21 PM
SPOILERS

Big Boss was the most powerful soldier the military ever had. he founded FOXHOUND. The took Big Boss genes and a couple other ones, only known as "Soldier Genes". Big Boss sent Solid into "Outer Heaven" a base he himself set up. He controlled Solid's movements by being the leader of FOXHOUND. Solid discovered Big Boss' plan and defeated him and the first "Metal Gear". Big Boss didnt stop there. later he founded the country Zanzibar. and Solid's best friend "Gray Fox" joined Big Boss. Solid fought Gray Fox and killed him in a huge fight. Solid then found Big Boss and killed him. Before Big Boss died he called Solid his son.

Mana
Apr 14th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the explanations: now it's all clear, more or less.