View Full Version : Love Hina

Hylas
Apr 12th, 2002, 03:46 PM
What's the story about?
Is it a sort of comedy anime/manga or something like that? :confused:
The main characters looked cute, but not much appealing to me :P

merylsilverburg
Apr 13th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Well.....I haven't seen Love Hina, myself, mainly because the plot seems really lame and annoying. No offense to the Ranma 1/2 fans, but Love Hina is kinda a cross between the slapstick comedy of Ranma and a shoujo story. Here's the plot:

Keitaro and a childhood sweetheart promised each other to get accepted and meet together at the Tokyo University, right before she moved out of his life. Now, Keitaro is a dreamer and an artist, so he ranked 27th on the National Exam. His grandmother decides to leave the all-girls dormitory, so now, Keitaro is stuck being the manager. He meets with two Tokyo University applicants who probably could've been his childhood sweetheart, but since he forgot her name (smart guy, huh?) he's not sure. So, the "adventure" begins as Keitaro goes through all these dozens of chicks who are trying to win his heart and find his childhood love. :sarcasm:

No offense to all those Love Hina fans, but this series seems kinda dull. I read somewhere that the plot is kinda lame and all it is, is about these big-breasted girls over one guy. How typical. I have nothing against shoujo comedy (like Fruits Basket), but if there's all these annoying chicks with huge chests bouncing around over one guy....it tends to get very aggrivating after a while. Ah, but don't let my opinion prevent you from watching this series. Everyone has different tastes in anime, so you just have to decide for yourself. I hope my information helped, though. :)

Mana
Apr 14th, 2002, 08:33 PM
My suggestion is: don't waste your time with Love Hina, it's boring :P

merylsilverburg
Apr 14th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Mana, you've seen it? Is it really hentai-ish or just a bunch of huge chested girls bouncing around with the main character?

MakgSnake
Apr 18th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Mana, you've seen it? Is it really hentai-ish or just a bunch of huge chested girls bouncing around with the main character?
Hahahahah, That Sounds Extremely Funny To Me, I Cant Stop Laughing. Ahem.. Sorry...... But That Was Funny.

Love Hina? Hina Is A Muslim Name.......So Whats The Story About?

merylsilverburg
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hahahahah, That Sounds Extremely Funny To Me, I Cant Stop Laughing. Ahem.. Sorry...... But That Was Funny.

Love Hina? Hina Is A Muslim Name.......So Whats The Story About?

:laugh: Actually when I think about it, my statement was kinda funny. :heh: Ah, but I didn't mean to be, I was just curious. Anyway, the story is in my earlier post, but here:

Keitaro and a childhood sweetheart promised each other to get accepted and meet together at the Tokyo University, right before she moved out of his life. Now, Keitaro is a dreamer and an artist, so he ranked 27th on the National Exam. His grandmother decides to leave the all-girls dormitory, so now, Keitaro is stuck being the manager. He meets with two Tokyo University applicants who probably could've been his childhood sweetheart, but since he forgot her name (smart guy, huh?) he's not sure. So, the "adventure" begins as Keitaro goes through all these dozens of chicks who are trying to win his heart and find his childhood love. :sarcasm:

Sounds pretty dull if you ask me. :disturb:

MakgSnake
Apr 19th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
So, the "adventure" begins as Keitaro goes through all these dozens of chicks who are trying to win his heart and find his childhood love. :sarcasm:
Sounds pretty dull if you ask me. :disturb:
Dull??, I Think Thats A Pretty Intresting Story Line, I Mean, It Would Be A Funny One, And A Bit On The "PHAT" Side. But I Guess...........It'll Be Better If Its A Movie Only, Instead Of The Long Series. Or Is It?

But Anyhow, It Seems Intresting To Me Atleast!.!

merylsilverburg
Apr 19th, 2002, 06:14 PM
I guess it's a pretty interesting storyline, but I think it's the chicks that are very aggravating. I believe half of them are either airheads, airheads, or......airheads. :laugh: Well, personally I think it's kinda boring, but you can go ahead and watch it for yourself. I'm just not a person for these kinds of things. The first volume is out in stores now on DVD. :)

MakgSnake
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:55 PM
AirHeads Are Fun To Look At.. jk! Hmmm...Seems Like U Pretty Much Hate These Kind Of Animes Or Anything Related To This Story Line.

After I Reach Canada, I'll Think Of Renting It...And Well Would Tell About It, If Its Really Good Or.... Not Intresting!.! heheh

merylsilverburg
Apr 20th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
AirHeads Are Fun To Look At.. jk! Hmmm...Seems Like U Pretty Much Hate These Kind Of Animes Or Anything Related To This Story Line.

Well, I don't really like airheads too much, or girls that are really annoying. Plots like these are interesting, but I'd like it more, if there weren't so many bimbos, annoying girls, or girls with huge chests trying to get one guy. I'm not sure if anyone understands what I'm talking about but....oh! It's almost like Ranma 1/2. All these girls are trying to go after Ranma and it's really kinda aggravating. If Akane, Shampoo, and Ukyo were not so annoying...it might be kinda funny. Ahhh...I don't think anyone understands. :right: Also, the chicks in Tenchi Muyo kinda get to me too.

After I Reach Canada, I'll Think Of Renting It...And Well Would Tell About It, If Its Really Good Or.... Not Intresting!.! heheh

Great! I'll be looking forward to hearing your response. :)