PDA

View Full Version : Help.

happy_doughnut
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:35 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before but I can't see it anywhere...or perhaps I'm blind. Anyway, you see, I'm having the hardest time with FFX. I just can't get the Sun Sigil. I have all ther other ones...even Kimahri's! I've tried and tried countless times and yet have not succeeded. I've also read just about every strategy there is to offer for the race. I already went ahead to fight Sin (without saving) but I didn't fight any further because I want the sword! Can you guys help me?

Infernal Mass
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:46 PM
it's at Yevon Dome, at the spot where you fought Yunalesca.

happy_doughnut
Apr 11th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Oh I know where it is...I just can't beat the 0:00 time...

Infernal Mass
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:30 AM
ahh the sigil yea that one took me awhile..the best thing to do is try and grab the most balloons at the first stretch right when you begin the race...especially the one as you make the turn.i remember i stayed to the left for a bit and when things got crazy(birds) i used the other racer as a shield.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:35 PM
When starting don't go for the first balloon, instead go for the second...and continue grabbing the balloons down that path, get all of em if possible. When you get to the actual plains instead of focusing on the balloons...focus more on swirving left to right from the birds, occasionally pickin up a balloon here and there...it'll take some time but hang in there...I don't think there's much of a strategy other than "dont hit bird"

You got Kimarhi's sigil...how the hell you pull that off...sorry if I'm turning this thread around on you but could you give me a strategy for that?? Thanks!!

happy_doughnut
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Sure thing!
Well, that one took me pretty long too. I was at the point in which I wanted to smash my PS2 and burn it all up...but I finally got it.
I got this strategy from my amigo but I saw a couple of things weren't quite exact so I'll just tell you how I did it.
Okay..here goes: * down, right, up and back signify the places you should stay on the road.

In part one, go down and get the first B. butterfly. After that go left and then right to get the 2nd butterfly. Continue up the path and go up, up, down, up and grab the 3rd B. Go straight through the center then down, center, right, down and get the 4th B. Next, just go up to get the 5th. Continue going up, down,left, down and then up, down and get the last 2.

To me, the second part was easier. Here's how this one goes:

To get the first blue butterfly, you need to go north from the starting possition. But be careful because there are 2 red butterflies there so make sure you head up by going through the center. Try and do this as fast as you can. After getting the 1rst one, head back and go through the center to get the 2nd one. Go through the center again then up, right and snatch the 3rd. Go up, down, down, up, down, left, right, and get the 4th. next, go left and then right to get the 5th. The head down,left, down, left, down and get the 6th one. After that just go left for you last one.

Did I make any sence at all? If not, let me know and I'll try and explain it better. Hope it works for ya!

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 12th, 2002, 03:14 PM
I get mostly all of em, but for the last one where there's the cluster of red ones, I can never pass em...so I get in a fight and time runs out...damn you red butterflies!!!lol

happy_doughnut
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Heh, I know what you mean.
On which part though? The one in the South or North?

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 13th, 2002, 10:20 AM
South I think, it's like the last one

happy_doughnut
Apr 13th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Hmm...I think I know which part you're talking about. It's that place where there's a whole cluster of them right? Yeah, I had trouble with that too. Okay, here's how I did it :

When you get there, avoid the first one by going around it, to its left ( I think ) then go down ( NOT TOO MUCH!! ) and go around the other one which is flying all over the place by going left...after that quickly go down and you should be able to do it.

BTW, I've read that if you get a red butterfly at anytime, you automatically loose. But when I was playing the South game, I did touch a red one and I still go the sigil...