PDA

View Full Version : Grandia vs Grandia 2

Black Heart
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Just want to know which one is better.
The first one is a PSOne game and now it's very cheap, that's why I'm interested, and the second one previously was a Dreamcast game, so I'd like to know if it's been changed for the release on PS2 or not.

IcyMourdor
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Grandia 2

The characters aren't too kiddish like in the first one. I like the ability learning system and the plot better.

Pu the Owl
Apr 11th, 2002, 06:21 PM
I haven't completed the first Grandia :heh: so I can't say which one is better, but from what I've seen they both seem enjoyable games.

Reid
Apr 11th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Do you have to play number one to understand two?

I'd rather put in a bit more and get another PS2 RPG if you don't need to know the previous story.

IcyMourdor
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:00 PM
As far as I can remember of Grandia 1, the stories are independent of each other. Grandia 2 is a completely new story, similar with what Square does with Final Fantasy.

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:08 AM
My bud at school is telling me to try Grandia 2 out. How does it compare with Shadow hearts? Whats the battle music like? (It may sound silly but battle music is important to me, it creates the atmosphere) BTW, cool avatar Mourdor.

nanjij
Apr 12th, 2002, 03:31 PM
i'd say if u one to judge a game 4 graphics get grandia 2
grandia has not good graphics but its a really good game
i got grandia 2 and i live it, i took me a little while to get into it but i love it.
the battle system is the same, very good. but the ability is different but a lot better.
so i say grandia 2 is better but grandia 1 is definately worth getting 4 10 pounds

Hylas
Apr 12th, 2002, 03:36 PM
I have played Grandia and I liked it a lot, while I still have to get Grandia 2. It's in my wishlist, first of all because, even if it's not connected with the first one, I like the characters' design and the style of the game. Then because I've heard from anyone I've asked to that's an excellent game.

nanjij
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:14 PM
ive done 12 hours in 2 days of grandia 2 and i love it
i think the battle system is so unique and so good
u cant get bored with the battles
they require a lot more skill than th final fantasy battle system

Carlito
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by nanjij

u cant get bored with the battles
they require a lot more skill than th final fantasy battle system

That's true: the battle system is very good.

Mana
Apr 26th, 2002, 02:22 PM
I like both of them, can't decide which one is the best!

happy_doughnut
Apr 30th, 2002, 10:39 PM
They are both really good games. However, I just like the original one better. There's no real reason why, I just do.