PDA

View Full Version : Best Strategy Game Ever!

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Just Name Ure Fav Strategy Game!.! Which U Think Is The Best Ever Made! Theres TONS And TONS Of Em! (Can Name Even A PsOne Or A PC Version! But Still... For With PS2 Too!)

I Have To Say Its. "Command And Conquer : Red Alert" An Old Game, But Its A Classic!-! Excellent!.! Love Everything About it!!! :) :D

As For PS2...Not Many Are Out Yet, But I Think "Ring Of Red" Is The Best One Till Now! ;)

x157anz
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:10 AM
I think commandos is an amazing game for pc and all of the C & C.
o and Empire Earth
I didnt play alot more than that really :( And i dont know any for PS2

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:59 PM
I think my favourite has been Warcraft II. I really liked what the Orcs say (hee hee).

I played a bit of Advanced Wars though, and that was really fun.

GaseousSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:05 PM
I dont think many Sim Games r out for the ps2 yet.My favourite is "Red Alert".:) ;) :D

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Total Annihilation is definantly the best strategy game ever invented in the C&C style. Man i love that game so much...

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:52 AM
My would have to be the great Star Craft Expansion but i also like the C&C games too

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:29 PM
C&C series Red alert,red alert 2,yuri's revenge,tiberian sun etc

Spirit
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Warcraft II all the way, that game was just wholesome fun with no usual technologies, but more of ancient artifacts, myths, dragins and legends, it made it very appealing...

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:32 AM
I've got both Warcraft II and Starcraft w/expansion and i like Starcraft more because there is more that you can do with your maps and use map settings so the games never get old but on warcraft they get old fairly quick

JC Denton
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:18 PM
i like the classic civilisation series, they are one of those rare games which you cant actually get totally bored of. even though i dont play on them much if i am really bored i can go back to them unlike games which you can only play once.

BowevelJoe
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:52 AM
ah man those Civ games are awsome, im going to get 3 one of these days lol...

Mighty Zeus
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:00 PM
I'd have to agree that Total Annihilation is one of the best Stratagy games out there. I also like Age of Empires because of its detail and variety of units.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Zeus
I'd have to agree that Total Annihilation is one of the best Stratagy games out there. I also like Age of Empires because of its detail and variety of units.

Bah i also heard some bad things about total annihilation

kokoman
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:55 PM
my favorite stratagy games would have to be mgs2 (for ps2) heroes3(for pc) and ice wind dale (for pc).....they rock!!!:cool: :cool:

happy_doughnut
Apr 17th, 2002, 12:20 AM
What about FF Tactics? Isn't that a strategy game?...I liked it...

JC Denton
May 4th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Populas was pretty cool, i love the soundtrack. more variety of things to do would of been nice though, what do you think?

kupoartist
May 4th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I've never really liked Strategy to tell the truth. I was always to bad at something like Sim City or Civilisation to ever like them, and C & C never did it for me.

However.

There is one strategy series I'd go as far as placing just below Final Fantasy as my favorite. Yet no-one has really ever mentioned it:

Homeworld.

With Homeworld, and HW : Catacylsm, I feel i don't need a single other Strategy game. This series has everything (particuarly Homeworld) : An epic storyline. An epic soundtrack (Barber's adagio for strings sets up some of the most memorable moments I can remember about any scene, gaming or otherwise.) Great Units (with great weapons and some truely cool and large ships) A fantastic Tactical Perspective (the first fully 3D 360 Strategy Game.) A pretty cool cast (all non-pros as well ^_^). Cool sounds (Ion Cannons and Hyperspacing have a excellent zing :happy: ) and an excellent multiplayer game (i played a friend of mine once and the game was so good that he only just made it to the toilet in-time once we finally resolved the match)

Capoeira
May 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Hmm, could I.Q.:Intelligent Cube be considered a strategy game?

JC Denton
May 9th, 2002, 04:01 PM
that depends what it is like,

sorry i haen't heard of it, what is it like?

Capoeira
May 9th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Hmm, really? Well it's more of a puzzle game, but I figured puzzle and strategy were similiar in some way. Basically you're this little man standing on a giant mile long sectioned block. Soon, blocks start rolling toward you slowly, and you have to get rid of the green blocks, and not the black ones, but you can use the red ones to...:roll:...you know what, it's too complex to explain, you're just gonna have to check it out for yourself :P.

kamari-ice
May 11th, 2002, 12:08 PM
EVERQUEST!

Rohamgh
May 21st, 2002, 12:04 PM
I'm SORRY

But most o' you people appear to be late (translate "late" into french, and then add 'ed' to it ;)) the best strategy game, indeed
the BEST game, is................................................ .................................................. ...
.................................................. .................................................. ...
.................................................. .................................................. ...
.................................................. .........

Age of Empires

Neo_Soldier28
May 21st, 2002, 12:30 PM
Not to seem rude but y do you act like an idoit????? Anyways back to the topic at hand i would have to say that one of the best strategy games out there is Empire Earth.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 21st, 2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by kamari-ice
EVERQUEST!

Ummm everquest is a role playing game not a stragety/simulation.

BlackThornn
May 28th, 2002, 09:11 PM
1) Command & Conquer (Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun)

2) Warcraft II (I can't wait for III to come out..! >_<)

3) MechCommander Gold (A great game that wasn't recognized well by the public due to the fact you couldn't build a billion units then flood the enemy base.)