PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 4 the opinions

Macceh^
Apr 9th, 2002, 05:22 PM
well i just started the rom of this and onto the world map and already ive noticed some great things:

Great Soundtrack
A love interest
deep bond between characters

and ive heard its very emotional so i cant wait to finish ff6 so i can get stuck into this one properly.

IcyMourdor
Apr 9th, 2002, 06:10 PM
FF4 was really the first to make an impact on players with characters. The bonds some of them share hold true to everyday standards and won't be broken. It's the only reason for going on when things get tough.
*SPOILERS*

The death of Tellah's daughter makes him continue on the journey. The love between Cecil and Rosa is expressed throughout the game

*END*.
The story is great, one of the best made by Square. Music is one of my favorites in all the games I've played. It's safe to say I love this game.

happy_doughnut
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah, FF4 is a great game. I personally like the way Kain is the best and the way he struggles between love and friendship. I think FF4 is one of my most favorite games.

kupoartist
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:51 PM
actually... I really can't see the love story at all between Cecil and Rosa, it wasn't well done at all in my opinion, and a death of a characters loved one isn't always dwelt on: Tellah may loose his daughter and get real sad because of it, but Edward (Gilbert, whatever! the Bard one!!) dosen't reflect on it for too long.

Thats probably the only thing I dislike about FFIV. lack of decent characterisation. apart from that its brilliant, and whats more it gave the second most funiest translated line since "All your base" :

YOU SPOONY BARD !!! :laugh:

jenova_jeb
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:12 PM
It was ok, but definitely nothing spectacular.

The characters seemed so fake, and the story was really cheesy. It wasn't a bad game, but the others are so much better!

Macceh^
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:23 PM
ROFL all your base was hilarious

The Boondock Saint
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:19 AM
i like four a lot. it's got a great story, and cecil is one of my favorite characters ever in a video game. the love story is visible, and i think that in the context of the game, it was handled well.