PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo - Your suggestions

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:24 AM
I want some suggestions on what car to buy. Right now I'm racing the NA cup in the beginners league to make money ($5000 a race). I'm driving the Celica SS - II and it's great for the beginner league but I fear it won't have enough kick for the amateur league ($15000 a race). Any suggestions? (It has to be a non turbo type car)

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:00 PM
I would save up for a mustang,i had one and that car took me pretty far.Make sure to get some upgrades

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Yeah I bought it and now I'm just smoking people. Thanks.

Hadoken
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:51 AM
hehe, i think i remember the amateur league NA races.
I didnt do those until later in the game. I focused on other races first. I think i used an MR-2 for those.

Infernal Mass
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:09 AM
just bought the game yesterday for $19.99 and i feel i have been spoiled yet again by Sony Entertainment ..this game is great. i've decided to go with the Chrysler PT cruiser with racing chip..until i save enough for the Shelby Mustang Cobra..then i will be the grand poobah of the track..for a little while. :D

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico
i've decided to go with the Chrysler PT cruiser with racing chip..

I did the same thing ;) I regret it though, I had to do a lot of crappy races to earn enough for a decent car.

kokoman
Apr 6th, 2002, 10:31 AM
buy a camaro ss and sup it up to 653hp. if you dont have enough money sup it up as much as you can.:cool: do the same thing with the opel speedster because you will need it later on:cool:

Hadoken
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:23 PM
thats something people did wrong a lot of times.
the PT looks like a great car and all, but you`d get a better deal by buying the treuno sprinter.
what I did was i raced until i got enough money to buy an R34, then i just tuned it up, set the gear ratio`s wide and raced it in the super speedway endurance race for $100,000 a race. only problem is that the race took a while to win.
but oh well, i earned enough money to buy lots of cars, and went back to do all the races.
and hey kokoman, sup?:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Hey Hadoken did you buy a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4? If so what is your parts setup?

Hadoken
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:49 PM
yeah, i have one of those. the car is one of the best in the game.
I`m not sure if my settings will help you, since pretty much no settings are perfect, and it pretty much depends on how you drive and what track your on.
I`m the kind of person that brakes early, and likes to boost on outta the corners. so i set my car settings to fit my driving style. and i think the last track i raced this car on was laguna seca. not sure though.

3000GT settings
Spring rate: front>15.0 rear>12.0
Ride height: front>115mm rear>115mm
Shock bound: front>level 4 rear> level 4
Shock rebound: front>level 8 rear> level 8
Camber angle: front>3.0 rear>4.0
Toe Angle: front>0.0 rear>0.0
Stablizers: front>level 5 rear> level 5
Brake balance: front>level 10 rear> level 8
Limited slip
Initial torque: front>10 rear>10
Accel: front>35 rear>35
Decel: front>17 rear>17
Gear ratio: Level 30(Auto Setting)
ASM: level 10
TCS: level 5
VCD: 25% front

Depending on what track you race on, you may want to change the suspension and gear ratio`s to get the best performance from your car. for instace, these setting may be good on one track, but horrible on another. so it mostly depends on what you do.
and btw, since this car is pretty heavy, the weight removal is pretty good. I managed to shave off over 400LBs on it!

Sleazy P Martini
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Cool. Thanks man!

sk8punk
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:18 PM
i dont kno wat car to buy but u should listen to kokoman cuz he has the game and hes really really good...that game is too realistic for me tho lol:laugh:

Andi
Apr 30th, 2002, 06:41 AM
If you do the 1st or 2nd Endurance race , you should finish that & win a pretty decent car then just tune it up
That should then get you a good 20% extra through the game!
Plus winning more cars!:phew:

Indrid Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
I want cadillac to run faster... I wish there was a Turbo, But its going to run Invincible.. with Turbo in it! 2. and no cops, so i can steel and Kill people anytime!

Hadoken
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec= GT3
Grand Theft Auto 3= GTA3
got it??
This is a GT3 discussion. we're NOT talking about GTA3.

Indrid Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Oops...

FJ G-T
Jun 28th, 2002, 12:35 AM
What do you mean by oops?? -_-

Infernal Mass
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I've been playing GT3 alot lately..the 3000GT VR-4 is very nice indeed. I bought a black one so i could at least stand a chance in the Japanese GT championship series of the Amatuer league.

The Mustang Cobra wasn't what i expected though. :( Although, it still looks good in the grarage.