PDA

View Full Version : TRIGUN Video Game

merylsilverburg
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:06 PM
Yes....this is for real. I almost crapped in my pants when I read this. THERE IS GOING TO BE A TRIGUN VIDEO
GAME!!!! :happy: :roll: It's called Trigun: Planet Gunsmoke. I read from an anime newsletter that IGN just released a Quicktime teaser trailer from Japan, showing the game. It is a video game, but the platform for the game hasn't been announced. The developer will be Smilebit, the ones that are responsible for games, like Jet Grind/Set Radio and GunValkyrie. This is the only news I have of it right now. For those of you suscribed to IGN.....lucky you. You will be able to view the trailer. Anyways, IF it's going to be a Japanese only release.....I'm going to try all my power to get this game. I hope it turns out well. Any more info I find out, I'll post here. Just thought any Trigun fan would like to know. ;)

Reid
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
That's awesome!

I can't wait for a Trigun game. I wonder what genre it'll be?

There might be a good chance of it coming to North American, because I think the North American releases of the series are doing pretty well in sales, and the series has pretty good recognition.

merylsilverburg
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:34 PM
Hmm....good question, Reid. What genre indeed? I think maybe either action/adventure or shooter. The shooting would make more sense, don't you think? I don't know, but I hope it'll be good. :)

Mercury Shadow
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:40 PM
Cool :) I'd be interested if it was action/adventure.

Do you know what the plot will be, Meryl?

merylsilverburg
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:52 PM
Nope, sorry Merc. That's all the info I have at the moment. If you've seen the anime, maybe the plot will be based off that. Arrgghhh....I wish I could see the trailer! I suscribed to IGN, but I lost my password! *feels stupid and mad* Ah, well, I hope there'll be more news of it when it starts to get more developed. I'm happy that the developer is Smilebit, because I love the Jet Grind/Set Radio series, and I hope they'll do a good job with this.

BowevelJoe
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:25 PM
what system?!?!?! holy shiiit i cant beleive i didnt hear anything! i want it i want it! if its an Xbox exclusive i will KILL BILL GATES! then i will distribute his fortune among the members of this awsome forum!

Anyone know how much money that mofo makes a minute? $2,000 a minute...damn that man.. :)

Mercury Shadow
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Nope, sorry Merc. That's all the info I have at the moment. If you've seen the anime, maybe the plot will be based off that. Arrgghhh....I wish I could see the trailer! I suscribed to IGN, but I lost my password! *feels stupid and mad*

AHH! You lost your password? That sucks! I hope you remember it! Just try every word in the dictionary :) Maybe it's... zeldaisthebestgamever (?:right:) hah, jus jokin

Hadoken
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:32 PM
You dont need to subscribe to IGN to see that clip.
here it is!!
its quite short. I think its only the intro.
Trigun: The Planet Gunsmoke (http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/trigun_0401_1.mov)

merylsilverburg
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:01 PM
Holy shit.....that WAS AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much Hadoken! From the looks of it....this game could be.....an RPG!!!!! With an entirely new plot involving Vash, Wolfwood, Meryl, and Milly!!!! Sweeeeeeeet!!! :happy: :laugh:

BowevelJoe
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:45 AM
gimmi gimmi gimmi! i wonder if they will ever make a cowboy bebop game? now THAT would be kick ass there too! :)

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Cowboy Bebop? They already made a game! It's only in Japan though. :( But you can still get it on Ebay if you're lucky. :laugh: The Cowboy Bebop game is a shooter/flying. You have to fly Spike's Swordfish and shoot at targets...I think. :right: It looks really cool, and I was thinking about getting it, but I still have to wait until I collect some dough. :laugh:

The Trigun game really looks cool. I'm going to try to find out more info, and if I do, I'll be sure to let you guys know. :)

Pu the Owl
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:30 PM
There are many anime games in Japan, but for the greatest part of them there isn't a USA edition, and they won't work on your PS2 if it's not chipped.

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Oh, I know about that, but I don't have to worry. I have a Japanese PS2, so I'm able to play Japanese games on there, PS and PS2. :)

Pu the Owl
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:48 PM
I suppose now many members are envious of meryl :D

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Heh....well, playing Japanese games are fun......but if you don't understand Japanese, it's kinda hard to enjoy the storyline....:laugh:

Pu the Owl
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:02 PM
This is tue, but in some cases, especially for fighting games, who cares if you can't understand Japanese?

Reid
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Is it hard/expensive to mod your PS2 to play Japanese games?

I think that'd be fun, and also great practice for my Japanese reading.

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
This is tue, but in some cases, especially for fighting games, who cares if you can't understand Japanese?

That's true. But in some fighting games, the options are in Japanese, so you really don't know which one to pick. I own DoA2, Street Fighter Ex Alpha 3 for the Japanese PS2, and they're not bad because they're fighting games and the options were in English. But, I also own MGS2, Rurouni Kenshin RPG, and a simulation game, Angelique, that are Japanese. I tried sooooo hard to understand the Kenshin RPG story plot, but a few minutes into it and I was :roll: Especially the Angelique simulation game. It involves answering questions only, so I didn't understand a thing.

By the way, Reid, I'm not sure if it's expensive, but I think it may be pretty hard to mod your PS2. I tried to look all over for one, but I decided it was easier to just get the actual system. :laugh:

Reid
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Nuts . . .

I don't think I can afford another PS2.

:P

Maybe after the price drops really low in a few years.

Also, I didn't know there was a

Rurouni Kenshin RPG? Is it for the PS2?

Pu the Owl
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Well, to mod your PS2 is not very expensive and it's not complicated as well.
For example, on the main Ps2Fantasy.com site, we host banners for sites which sell mod chips. I think the problem is not the price, but if you want your PS2 to be chipped or not.

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Yes, there is a Rurouni Kenshin RPG. :happy: I forgot the title, but it's for the PS1, not the PS2. I got mine on Ebay for $50, brand-new from Japan, and the game is really fun and kawaii! XD However, since I don't understand Japanese, it's really hard to follow the plot and directions. The characters are Kenshin (duh), Sano, Kaoru, and Yahiko. They help out the two new characters in the game, a guy and girl who are on a mission....to..uh....do something. :right: There are separate stories for the guy and girl, and if you pick the girl, Kaoru and Yahiko help, and if you pick the guy, Kenshin and Sano helps out. It's really fun, and it kinda reminds me of Tales of Destiny (if you've ever played that). But, I don't know if you can still get it.....you should try Ebay, because I think some people still sell it. I hope this helps. :heh:

BowevelJoe
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:12 PM
http://www.tronixweb.com/ps2us.html

its got jap imports for just about all systems, dunt ask me about the modding, im to scared too lol, $300 down the drain..:shock:

Cannibal Clown
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Holly sh*t. I was envious of your anime collection, now I'm absolutly amazed by your japanese video game selection.

And then there's poor, and resorcless Cannibal. Damn it!!!!!!

BowevelJoe
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:20 PM
aye me too..hey CC, if i buy you a plane ticket you wanna go "borrow" some stuff from Meryls house? ;) :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Aaaahhh! *begins to lock all doors and windows and stands watch for Bowevel and Cannibal* :laugh:

BowevelJoe
Apr 7th, 2002, 04:41 PM
get your mom to set 2 more plates out this wednesday coming up, you got some company! :)

merylsilverburg
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Oh, what am I suppose to say? "Hey mom, there are two dudes who wanna come steal my anime stuff, set out extra plates!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You wish....:laugh:

BowevelJoe
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:14 PM
aye, she said it would be ok, she said you had way to much anyways and that you should share! :)

merylsilverburg
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Ooooh....that wouldn't be a good idea. My parents have no idea how much I've spent on the animes and merchandise, so they don't know how large my collection is. :heh: Telling them about it would be bad.....:P But, anyway I do wish I could show you guys my stuff.....I guess I could take a picture and post it at the PS2 Fantasy Gallery......hmm.....:confused:

Reid
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Do it!

That'd be neat.

merylsilverburg
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Okay, if you guys want me to, I'll do it, no prob. :) I'll take a picture of my Kenshin stuff, and other anime items and artbooks. I might have to do a couple of shots since I have quite a few stuff. :heh: :)

BowevelJoe
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:59 AM
aye, sounds like a plan though id rather have it, but hey, a picture would be sweet :)