PDA

View Full Version : ff8 disc4 shops

JC Denton
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:22 PM
simple question, is there any shops anywhere accesable on disc 4?

Soul Angel
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:27 PM
As far as I know there isn't any shops open in disc 4.
But if you've got GF Tonberry then you can make it learn the ability to call a shop up in your menu screen.
That way you can still buy items from the shops even if you can't get into the towns any more.

JC Denton
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
thankyou, he is the only gf to junction that i haven't got, i think i can still get into centra ruins.

Soul Angel
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Yep you should be able to get into the Centra Ruins to get GF Tonberry still :)
To get Tonberry you've got to fight around 20 tonberrys there and you can't leave the ruins or you will have to start over again.
When you've thought at least 20 Tonberrys the Tonberry King should appear, defeat him and you will get GF Tonberry.

I found that Squall's Lion Heart limit break came in handy when doing this, also I think when I went against the Tonberry king Squall only did his Lion Heart limit break and I defeated him :D :cool:

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:02 PM
I know on my first time through the CC member "Joker" was under the elevator of the Ragnarok, this may depend on whether you've played a card game against him. He has a shop for both items and weapon-mods and you can gain the Leviathan card off of him.

You may already know, but to get back to the ragnarok, go through the middle portal and head north (I think) to the chocobo forest, from here cross the water to the southern land mass and head to the Kashibald Desert (opposite Cactuar Island) to recieve the Ragnarok.

Oh, and i've never been set-back by leaving the ruins to save...

JC Denton
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:15 PM
ive got the ragnarok but no cc joker i don't think, but i havn't checked ive been busy training the three under level characters.
i will just go and get tonberry. Where is balamb garden? can you get back to it? and this may not matter but i could never find cc-king where was he?

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:20 PM
yeah "He" :laugh: :happy: .... once you had challenged the CC member below "King" (Xu) you had to go to the dormitory and choose the "leave me alone" option, after that you must continually sleep until the King finally appeared.

Anyway, Balamb Garden is nowhere to be found, but be sure to go to the lower deck (behind the cockpit) to see if CC Joker is there

Soul Angel
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:24 PM
Oh, and i've never been set-back by leaving the ruins to save...

Hmm I know when I got Odin first I went out of the ruins to save and that wasn't a problem, but if you do that while trying to kill 20 tonberrys in order to fight the Tonberry king I usually find that I have to start over again and kill another 20 Tonberrys again
But oh well that's what just seemed to happened to me anyway :)

JC Denton
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:12 PM
joker was there so there is no problem, but i will get gf tonberry anyway

nanjij
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:04 PM
make sure uve trained up ure non-fav team as well as u have to use them in the final fight

JC Denton
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:12 PM
thats what i am doing, its hard though because rinoa is level 14, selphie lv 12 and quistis is lv 27.

kupoartist
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:24 PM
ouch :shock: ... Mine are;
Squall 100
Selphie 99
Rinoa 98
Zell 74
Quistis 70
Irvine 70

Get levelling boyo! ^_^

(but then I've apparently been playing for 55hrs :/)

Oh well... at least levels go up very quick in FF8 when compared to some of the other games... and do you have somthing against Girls? :laugh:

nanjij
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:25 PM
go to the place closest 2 hell and train

i trained hard untill all my people excluding selphie (level 14) were all level 100 it makes the game a lot eaiser

Soul Angel
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:37 PM
When I went up aganist Ultimica my characters were

Squall- lv100
Rinoa- lv100
Zell - lv100

Quistis - lv50
Irvine- lv34
Selphie - lv30

The fight isn't to hard as long as you have your characters well equip for the fight.

Also if the character wasn't any of my mian three I kept them KO'ed so that Ultimica will swap it for hopefully one of my characters which I want to use in the fight

Hadoken
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:45 AM
The only weird thing about FFVIII was that most of the enemies leveled up as you leveled up.
But not bosses though. lol, I thought the feature was pretty good, so there wouldnt be many cheaters thinking they`d be super strong by using a gameshark and going up to level 100 at the beggining.

but when i fought the last boss, I think i had most everyone at pretty high levels. but in the last battle, the only 3 characters i had to use were squall, irvine, and zell. i had most everyone else just die off in order to get those 3 to fight. the battle was pretty easy. all i did was have some of irvines strongest bullets, and put him into overdrive by using aura. i had squall with aura too, so he was probably the most useful. zell was mainly for healing though. but the most important thing is to have them juntioned well. and of course, if your unlucky, the sorceress will just steal all of your strong magic when she goes into the GF/sorceress combined form.

Macceh^
Apr 5th, 2002, 05:13 AM
aye that monster levelling up eliminated the real need for doing hours of leveling but tb i prefer the old system i like developing my chars.