PDA

View Full Version : which to play?

Macceh^
Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:53 PM
im coming towards the end of ff6 now altho ill replay it to get everything in the game witht he aid of a guide like i do with every ff. So which do i try next from ff1, ff2, ff4 or ff5? i hear ff4 is very emotional and this intices me btu i dont know much else help.

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:07 PM
hmm... firstly, two things:
1. why isn't FF3 on your list?
2. if your sig is correct you're only about half-way through FF6...

anyways... I'd personally recommend FF4, It's got a good storyline, quite cool characters (I like Kain and Rydia :D) and a great soundtrack. There are a few niggly problems with it (like the non-existent Party Change system, and the way only 1 person of the many who die, actually dies :laugh: ) but FF4 was a transitional Game anyway. And most of the criticisms can be levelled at the others you name...

Aside from that FF5 is a good-ish game, Its main asset being the Job system that allows extremely good customisation. Shame the storyline and the characters are average. I find NES games hard to cope with (the visual and audio aspect particuarly), but you may want to try FF1-3

Macceh^
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
isnt 3 just 6 tho m8? I may be wrong :) anyway yes i think ill give ff4 a shot after i totally beaten ff6 (totally beaten meaning got evrything which i know wil take me a bit). Thanks for ur help

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:54 PM
ooohhh I See...
There are two different FF3s. One is the NES (and soon WSC) tiltle, only released in Japan. the other is FF3 on the SNES, only released in the USA.

The reasoning behind this is that the USA only recieved FF1 FF4 and FF6 which were named FF1 FF2 and FF3 to make it seem they weren't getting a raw deal... All this came to light when FF7 hit the streets and people started to wonder where 4-6 had gone, in truth it was really FF2-3 and FF5 they missed.

Anyway, your European right? you're gonna have trouble getting anything before FF6 on a console, because we never got any Final Fantasy before FF7... which means you're gonna have trouble locating FF4 anyway; i'm yet to find a ROM of FF4 that has a decent-ish translation, but "FF2" is a far-far easier version of FF4 than the one available in the US.
However Square-Europe are going to be making an announcement on the release of FF4 and FF5 in Europe soon :happy:

As a summary, this is a table showing Jap : USA releases...

Japanese = American

Final Fantasy = Final Fantasy (Famicom/NES/WSC)
Final Fantasy II = Not Released (Famicom/WSC)
Final Fantasy III = Not Released (Famicom/soon WSC)
Final Fantasy IV = Final Fantasy II (SNES) now as Final Fantasy IV on Final Fantasy Chronicles. (SFC/SNES/PSX/soon WSC)
Final Fantasy V = Not Released until Final Fantasy Anthology. (SFC/PSX)
Final Fantasy VI = Final Fantasy III (SNES) now as Final Fantasy VI on Final Fantasy Anthology. (SFC/SNES/PSX)
Final Fantasy VII = Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII = Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX = Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy USA = Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Tactics = Final Fantasy Tactics

Macceh^
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:02 PM
my mate has ff6 on the snes so wtf? how he obtain that then somethings strange also the guy in the store when i bought ff6 for psx claimed he played it on the snes!??

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:05 PM
The only thing he could have done was Import the USA version, which was named "Final Fantasy III"

x157anz
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:12 PM
I reccomend ff5 great storyline + the chars are also good.
Shame it will have to be played on an emulater :disturb:

The arstist that is totally wrong on a UK PSX mag i have it says
"The full review of the SNESclassic out now on the PSONE" ;)

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by x157anz
I reccomend ff5 great storyline + the chars are also good.
Shame it will have to be played on an emulater :disturb:

The arstist that is totally wrong on a UK PSX mag i have it says
"The full review of the SNESclassic out now on the PSONE" ;)

That dosen't mean that it was realsed over here, and I prefer to take Square's word rather than a PSX mag's - check Square Europe's news article on FFVI

jenova_jeb
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:10 PM
If you haven't played it yet, I'd get Chrono Trigger.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:29 PM
FF4's pretty tough game so if your up for a challenge go with that

But like Jenova said I'd go with Chrono Trigger, a great rpg indeed!

The Boondock Saint
Apr 12th, 2002, 10:09 PM
FFVI is my favorite one... after that you should play four. cecil rocks.

IcyMourdor
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:56 PM
*cough* Tactics *cough*

Tactics is the best game and must be played. FFIV is also a great game

Macceh^
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:17 PM
got tatics cant get into it

The Boondock Saint
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:07 AM
wha, wha, WHAT?!? can't get into tactics? what IS your malfunction?

that's a joke, by the way.