PDA

View Full Version : MGS/MGS2 Movie Cast

merylsilverburg
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone! I know this topic has been brought up before, but I got my February issue of the Official Playstation Magazine and they always have this section called "Dream Cast" which is basically which video game would you like to see done as a movie and who would star in it. Well, I'm flipping through and the "Dream Cast" for February's was for Metal Gear Solid/Metal Gear Solid 2! So, for those of you who don't have the issue, here is what they said:

Solid Snake- Hugh Jackman
Liquid Snake- Hugh Jackman
Solidus Snake- John Malkovich
Raiden- Forbes March (Who??:confused: )
Meryl Silverburg- Sarah Michelle Geller
Otacon- James Spader
Colonel Campbell- Ed Harris
Revolver Ocelot- Rade Serbedzija
Fortune- Lil' Kim (Ha, ha, and we were just talking about how NOT perfect she is! :D )
Emma- Rachael Leigh Cook
Ninja- Jet Li
Sniper Wolf- Jolene Blalock

Well, there you have it. Some of those people I have no idea who they are....I've never heard of them! Anyone who has a different opinion from that.....talk to the Official Playstation Mag. :D

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Well All I Know Is That I Am Getting That Issue Now!.! Thanks Alot For That Info Meryl. :)

Well...When We Made Our MGS Cast..We Were Close Enough To What They Came Out With!.! Right Guys???.! :D

I See Some Pretty Good Choices There. And Hugh Hackman Is A Very Good Choice!.! It Extra Super Cool Guy....!....In His Movies Too!.!

And As For Mr Raiden. This (http://www.galleryofcelebrities.com/f/forbes17.jpg) Is The Guy They Are Talking, I Myself Dont Know Him.!. And He Doesn't Quite Look Like Raiden Though!.! I'd Say...Someone Else. I'll Think of It And Post Soon!

And This Is Ure Otacon (http://www.mutantx.net/images/fmarch_large.jpg). I Think he Is Pretty Alright! :)

But Thanks For Letting Us Know Meryl. I Am Getting The Issue Tomorrow! :) :D

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:12 PM
I'd prefer Brad Pitt as snake(with a mini-beard)

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:17 AM
I Know Why U Say That Spirit, Cause U Love FightClub And U Like BratPit In It And U Want Him To Play As Snake!. Right? heheh :D ;)

But If Brat Pit Comes In MGS Movie....I'd want Him To Play As Raiden Or......Otacon!.! But Not Snake!

"Kurt Russel" , "Hugh Hackman" Or "Keanu Reaves" Should Play As Snake!. I Think!

But Still.......Neways...!...

I Hope They Make The Movie Sometime Soon (Like 2004)

merylsilverburg
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the pics on those actors, MakgSnake! I still have no idea what films they've done. The Official Playstation Magazine had their pictures and what they've starred in....but, nope, still no clue! :D I thought they did a pretty good job on finding those actors/actresses but yeah, I agree that Snake should be Kurt Russell or Hugh Jackman. I dunno about Keanu Reeves though. :confused: He just seems too much like...."Duuuuuuuude", if you know what I mean! :D Yeah, he was pretty good in "Speed" and others...but he's still too puny to play Snake. Maybe in MGS, but definitely not MGS2! Rachael Leigh Cook to star as Emma was great! She looks just like her, if you put on the glasses and they're both really PETIT!! I'm talking SMALL-FRAMED!! :eek: Ed Harris was a really good pick too.

Rei
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Solidus=John Malkovich?
EEK! I'm scared of this possibility!

merylsilverburg
Jan 26th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean! :eek: I always see him playing these mentally-ill people...hmm...which I guess would be perfect for Solidus, but still! :)

BowevelJoe
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:03 PM
bah, dont stereotype the actors because of there roles in movies lol, so if Russel Crowe played as Anikan Skywalker on the new star wars movie, he would be a gladiator too? hahaha, im just messing with you guys:D :p

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Rei
Solidus=John Malkovich?
EEK! I'm scared of this possibility!
No I Think He'll Go All Well With That Role, As Solidus Is Also Kind Of Psycho Guy U Know. Crazy Guy, Who Doesn't Really Think Before What Hes Doing! (Atleast Not All The Time).....So Johny Boy Would Act Him Well In That Way!.! And Malkovich Is An Amazing Actor!! We Need GOOD Actors For This BlockBuster! :D

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:51 PM
We don't need a movie, we have the game. Hello? Gameplay? Where are you? Oh look, time for another Codec conversation.

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
We don't need a movie, we have the game. Hello? Gameplay? Where are you? Oh look, time for another Codec conversation.
Someones Being Sarcastic Here Eh? :rolleyes:

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:16 PM
Well I guess I overdid it. The game started sooo good. I loved the rain. Excellent I thought. But I find the games gone down the toilet with the introduction of Raiden. I want Snake! But there is way to much movie watching and Codec talk for me.

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:31 PM
Well, May Be Ure Not A Story Person........Many People Do Complain That There Are Many Cut Scenes And Codec Talks.......But Thats How The Story Unfolds.....Aren't U Feeling The WANT To Know Whats Gonna Happen Next. Like How The Story Will UNFOLDS!.!

I Know I MISSED Snake Too....When I Started With RAIDEN. But Trust Me...........He Is An Amazing Character...Once U Get To Know Him Well..!.. I First Thought Kojima Did A Mistake. But Now That I Think Of It.. He Didn't!.!

Trust Me!.!........I Get It.....U Dont Like The Game! :(

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:05 AM
Trust Me!.!........I Get It.....U Dont Like The Game
Well, thats not true. I do like it, but it doesn't even come close to the hype it gets. Everyone builds the game up so much, you feel disapointed when you actually play/watch it. The graphics are sweet though and I think the ability to shoot FP is a major improvement.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:40 AM
If holleywood were to make a movie it would have to be cg,actors and stuff just wouldnt be the same or wouldnt capture the same effect as the game

MakgSnake
Feb 4th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
If holleywood were to make a movie it would have to be cg,actors and stuff just wouldnt be the same or wouldnt capture the same effect as the game
Thats What David Hayter Wants Too.... A CG Metal Gear Movie....So He Can Give Voice Overs For Snake Again!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Which is honestly the best decision overall

MakgSnake
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Which is honestly the best decision overall
I Agree With You, But I Seriously Wouldn't Mind A Normal Movie On Metal Gear Solid Either!.! I Know I Wouldn't Mind Cause I Know It'll Be Great!.! (Just A Feeling)

Cannibal Clown
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:45 PM
I heard somewhere (PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!) that Manga Studios were begining production on a MGS anime.

Although i love anime, I still don't think it would be a good idea for Metal Gear. I mean, it just wouldn't get the same effect and all.

But remember, this is only a rumor I heard on a site. Nothing more!

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I heard somewhere (PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!) that Manga Studios were begining production on a MGS anime.
Sorry I Had To, Cause I Myself Just Heard Somewhere On Some Site...That After The Release Of MGS2, They'll Launch An Anime Cartoons In States!-! Around In The Fall Of 2002.

Lets See What Happens!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:10 AM
A metal gear anime might come out..............Sweet:D

Dark Angel
Mar 4th, 2002, 02:57 PM
did you know that there are mgs comics?! at least i think so......*secretly hoping*

GaseousSnake
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:08 PM
I think i heard a rumour of a japan anime on metal gear

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 4th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel
did you know that there are mgs comics?! at least i think so......*secretly hoping*

I've heard of those makg even showed me some pics of one

Dark Angel
Mar 6th, 2002, 05:35 PM
yeah i've seen pics of them, but i asked in my local comic store and they said there weren't any such thing?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 6th, 2002, 05:38 PM
It japanese too i think.Because i havent seen it in any store here

Devil Snake
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:08 AM
hmmmm....thats a thing to think about it.....
from my point of view the best character who will suit snake is KURT RUSSELL or HUGH JACKMAN just like makg snake said and for grey fox is one and only JET LEI :cool: