PDA

View Full Version : Online Ps2!!!!

DEADPOOL623
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:34 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WE'RE GOING ONLINE?!?!

or even if we ever will?

BowevelJoe
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:05 AM
should be pretty dern soon, Medal of Honor will be an online game (not all online, just be able to play online lol) so it better be fecken soon lol

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:23 AM
Its spose to be going online sometime this fall.At least thats what i heard

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:24 PM
Expect the PS2 to go online about the same time FFXI is released.... which is just about as broad as It gets on the issue :D

BowevelJoe
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:14 PM
it was sp-0posed to be out by the first of this year but noope of ourse, its been delayed...arg... just dont wait for this...ick...

Reid
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:08 PM
Nuts . . . I want online PS2 now!

:p

I'm thinking of playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 online . . . and a new Tekken or Virtua Fighter or some sort of FPS . . .

:drool:

Sounds really good, but I can't wait!

Also, does anyone know if it connects to the connection we already have, or do we need to purchase a different ISP specifically for it?

DEADPOOL623
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:44 AM
I think you will probably need to subscribe to a new isp for it, but I hope you'll be able to link via phone line to friends without having to subscribe. like the game decent used to be able to.:ghost:

VoiDeT
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:12 AM
This will be so sweet,
playing ps2 online.
But this is just another thing,
it's just like a computer.:laugh:
excellent,
=)

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
The ps2 linux kit is coming out may 22 or some date around it.Its available for pre order for 200 dollars.It includes a mouse, keyboard, montior adapter, dsl modem, and a 40 gb hard drive.The linux system will make games easier to develop for the ps2 and bring it online.

VoiDeT
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:43 PM
If this linux thing comes out will this mean vcds and other videos will be able to be played on a playstation2? i thought linux was already avaliable on ps2 anyhow?

and does anyone know how to play vcd's on ps2?
i know how to play mp3's, but yeah.
=):laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:46 PM
Vcd should already work on your ps2 i have one and it works fine.Anyways with the linux kit you should be able to play any media considering its sorta of like windows just a little more complicated.

VoiDeT
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:56 PM
I know we're getting off the topic now,
but can you tell me how to play vcd's?

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:59 PM
Simple,put in the disc let it go in and wait until it boots up theres nothing to it,unless your vidcd is way different then the ones i have.

Dante
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:19 PM
What game are gonna be internet compatible besides...
FFX
MOHAA
TonyHawks3-I think
?

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:23 PM
Timesplitters 2,red faction 2,twisted metal black online,Socom navy seals,next wave of sports games,GT4.

Soul Angel
Apr 6th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Dante
What game are gonna be internet compatible besides...
FFX
MOHAA
TonyHawks3-I think
?

FFX isn't going to be a online game, but FFXI will be :)
I also think they are making a MGS online game as well, but there isn't that much info about it let.

Fobbha.
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Yes,it will so great to play NHL against other Ps2 gamers online.

The Boondock Saint
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:10 PM
THPS will go online, SoCom:USNavy Seals, FFXI, TM:B, and some other games.

japan's going online sometime this month i think, so we should get it in the fall.

FFXI will come prepackaged with a registration disc for their (Square's) PlayOnline network which will require a seperate registration fee.

Andi
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Its spose to be going online sometime this fall.At least thats what i heard

Do you know when the UK version is going to be released :roll: