Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #1
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Video thread(music only)

I assume you guys and girls are familiar with sites like youtube and googlevideo etc., you can really find some cool things there. I suggest we drop a link whenever we think we found something that you should check out. Only music you would like your fellow members to listen to(look at).

I'll start, this is a clip from legendary Straight Edge band Youth of today(one of my all-time favorite bands) from one of the their reunion shows. Please enjoy!

Youth of today reunion show

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #2
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Sonic Youth - Sunday (live) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzbeO...=Sonic%20Youth

Sonic Youth - Sugar Kane (live) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QkJU...20Youth%20live

Smashing Pumpkins - To Forgive (live) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AnRX...ing%20Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight (live with string section and one of my all time favourite perfomances ever ever ever) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEiJk...tonight%20live

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
You want impressive. Heres the band Steelheart with lead singer and one of my inspirations "Michael Matijevic" He got one of the highest registers on record without using falsetto. I think his octave range is near 4.5, the average for most singers is 1.5 to 2, amazing is 3 - 3.5. 4 to 4.5 is practically unheard of. This is pretty much inhuman. People who also sing will realize this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTuVHiPtYXM

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; Apr 19th, 2006 at 05:00 PM..
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #4
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
these videos are gona smoke all of youse away.

watch the whole song specialy the solo, man. watch it!!!!!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=p7_JafYlM...ch=dragonforce

and arctic monkeys are radddd!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=jcBDWCtRS...ctic%20monkeys
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #5
Berserker
misfit

I tried one song from everyone, I offcourse tried your all-time favorite live performance Faile, I've seen the pumpkins before with the orchestra nice bombastic sound and performance.
I never heard of Steelheart Uchiha, they're an 80's band right?? Pretty impressive voice he got there, but no need to overexxagerate(???) about it there are a lot more singers out there with that kind of range(at least what I heard in the song). I mean a lot of guys back in the days had that amazing range style: King Diamond, Rob Halford etc.
Damn, Gamer I watched your dragonforce-vid those guitarists are sick F^#@$% the battle between them at the end had some real hard-hitting riffing in them at a freakish speed!

Some more vids for you guys:

Classic Suicidal Tendencies-clip, one of my all-time favorite clips
Suicidal

One of the best live-acts IMO:

Hatebreed mofo's!!!

Please do not post tones of vids without checking other people's out and try commenting on them both positive and negative.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Faile
ys.

The artic monkeys are the more overrated band for a while now, and like every overrated band, they're not much good.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #7
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker
I never heard of Steelheart Uchiha, they're an 80's band right?? Pretty impressive voice he got there, but no need to overexxagerate(???) about it there are a lot more singers out there with that kind of range(at least what I heard in the song). I mean a lot of guys back in the days had that amazing range style: King Diamond, Rob Halford etc.
Sorry your incorrect. The singers you mentioned use head falsetto to reach there range and lack power. Matijevic does not have to change his voice or make a change to his register to acquire those notes. It's pretty much all chest. Plus if you notice he holds the mic a good 15 inches away. Thats only a small display of this guys vocal power. If he did actually use falsetto it would infact be similar to a whistle, which starts at B7 I believe. So yeah theres a little vocal lesson for you all.

And there 90's

~Will

Social Networks
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #8
Faile
ys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
. So yeah theres a little vocal lesson for you all.

And there 90's

~Will
Oh shush. The only thing you've proved by posting that video is that musicians should be kept away from music.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #9
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
Oh shush. The only thing you've proved by posting that video is that musicians should be kept away from music.
Right Buddy, I'm going to take the high road on this one. I'll just say I enjoy all forms of music, to bad you can't do the same.

Edit I made a mistake on a note. Whistle Register starts at E6.

~Will

Social Networks

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; Apr 20th, 2006 at 07:18 PM..
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #10
Faile
ys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
Right Buddy, I'm going to take the high road on this one. I'll just say I enjoy all forms of music, to bad you can't do the same.

~Will
Feel free to do so. Except saying that I have limited musical tastes would be a total lie, but I feel no need to justify myself to you so instead I'll just ask you to get off your soapbox and stop attempting to lecture/"educate" people. It's vain and stupid.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 12:51 AM   #11
DSgamer
here and there

Quote:
The artic monkeys are the more overrated band for a while now, and like every overrated band, they're not much good.

you know what? smashing pumpkins suck.

and flag craps on them

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2uGCfsrSZ...h=black%20flag

woo rise above! RISE ABOVE!!!
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 01:51 AM   #12
Berserker
misfit

Let's keep it friendly here folks, I don't agree with a lot of things said but it doesn't matter it's all good. Keep posting interesting vids and keep giving opinions, just respect each others opinion.

PS Gamer did you read the book "get in the van" by Henry Rollins? It's his diary of his black flag touring-days, that guy is one crazy-ass workaholic. It really is a nice document of that era of punk.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM   #13
Faile
ys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer
you know what? smashing pumpkins suck.
Ooh! Serious Business! Cheer up Emo Kid! The Artic Monkeys might as well be a manufactured band for the way they've been marketed. You're not English so you won't have seen all the media hype for months and months before they released anything. Relative to the hype, the band aren't any good. Fact. Whereas the Pumpkins rock, have rocked and will continue to Rock with the new album announced at www.smashingpumpkins.com.
Rollins however, is ace. But Punk largely has failed to impressive me for a while njow. Post Punk is lovely, all the British new wave bands of the early eighties and the new york no wave scene. I dig that.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM   #14
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Ooh! Serious Business! Cheer up Emo Kid! The Artic Monkeys might as well be a manufactured band for the way they've been marketed. You're not English so you won't have seen all the media hype for months and months before they released anything. Relative to the hype, the band aren't any good. Fact. Whereas the Pumpkins rock, have rocked and will continue to Rock with the new album announced at www.smashingpumpkins.com.
Rollins however, is ace. But Punk largely has failed to impressive me for a while njow. Post Punk is lovely, all the British new wave bands of the early eighties and the new york no wave scene. I dig that.
Dude go away. You have your head so far up your ass it distorts your vision of everything. Grow the hell up and quit acting like your always right and everyone else is wrong. None of what you say is fact, its your own darn preference. Get over your pride and try to see that other people like other things. Hell atleast I can say that what I posted is fact. Sorry I can't for you.

~Will

Social Networks
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 05:24 PM   #15
Faile
ys.

Srs Bsnss!!!!!111!!11!

I'm not weak willed enough to care what people think of what I like. They can say what they like, and likewise, I feel I should be free to say whatever I like about their tastes and opinions. However, it's pointless to start having a go at someone because they disagreed with you. Childish.

As for U.S, well. Where do I begin?
There's some incredibly amusing lines in your above post that I guess you picked straight from the big book of arguing on the internet: "[insert name here]. do [x]. get/stick your [y] from/into your [z]. I am right because of [insert some weak and often quite mystifying self-validating comment here]. Again, you go off on some hyperbole about how impressive this video clip is and how we'll all bow down to your clear superior musical knowledge, and when somebody says that it's not to their tastes, you come back with more hyperbole and leave us with safe in the knowledge that we're being educated.

Well, here's a fact for you. We don't care! Time and time again on this board you've made out that you're this great musical expert, but you don't walk it like you talk it. Whilst you were posting your nonsense I was on stage with my band for the third time in a week, yet have you seen me mention it before? No! Mainly because as soon as I talk about my band on this forum, god forbid, I get the self appointed musical expert down my back. So after the studio time that is booked up for this month, will I post the tracks up here? No, because I quite frankly have no need for your pointless and unconstructive criticism. However, as you're quite the expert and leave the rest of us here in the shade, perhaps you'll share something of your own, finally. You need to learn, kid, that music is about a lot more than ability. It's about passion and wanting to do something. It's about beauty and noise and mistakes and if you're just looking it with critical, vain little eyes, you'll never enjoy it as much as you could.

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
I'm not weak willed enough to care what people think of what I like. They can say what they like, and likewise, I feel I should be free to say whatever I like about their tastes and opinions. However, it's pointless to start having a go at someone because they disagreed with you. Childish.

As for U.S, well. Where do I begin?
There's some incredibly amusing lines in your above post that I guess you picked straight from the big book of arguing on the internet: "[insert name here]. do [x]. get/stick your [y] from/into your [z]. I am right because of [insert some weak and often quite mystifying self-validating comment here]. Again, you go off on some hyperbole about how impressive this video clip is and how we'll all bow down to your clear superior musical knowledge, and when somebody says that it's not to their tastes, you come back with more hyperbole and leave us with safe in the knowledge that we're being educated.

Well, here's a fact for you. We don't care! Time and time again on this board you've made out that you're this great musical expert, but you don't walk it like you talk it. Whilst you were posting your nonsense I was on stage with my band for the third time in a week, yet have you seen me mention it before? No! Mainly because as soon as I talk about my band on this forum, god forbid, I get the self appointed musical expert down my back. So after the studio time that is booked up for this month, will I post the tracks up here? No, because I quite frankly have no need for your pointless and unconstructive criticism. However, as you're quite the expert and leave the rest of us here in the shade, perhaps you'll share something of your own, finally. You need to learn, kid, that music is about a lot more than ability. It's about passion and wanting to do something. It's about beauty and noise and mistakes and if you're just looking it with critical, vain little eyes, you'll never enjoy it as much as you could.
LOL Faile, you have no idea. I just like commenting to your rants because there so freaking one-sided. You already displayed in this thread the point I was making about you. So please, oh please give us a break and calm down. Go sit down and think or something and quit ripping on others because you think you know there ideals and views. And don't come back at me with anything cause you'll just go to prove how much of a hypocrite you are. Espically with the comment about enjoying music. Just remember your the one that came into this thread and started the bullshit. I say you take the quiet way out and don't make this any worse.

BTW Berserker I finally got to look at that Hatebreed vid and its freaking badass. Gotta get some more metal posted. Actually I really need some Chet Baker

~Will

Social Networks

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; Apr 22nd, 2006 at 12:24 AM..
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:52 AM   #17
DSgamer
here and there

Faile, sometimes you just piss me off. even if the band is over hyped it doesn't mean bash on them because you have a superiority complex, and why the hell did you call me emo kid? excuse me but when have I ever displayed any emo stereotypes? okay, so I like arctic monkeys, suck my balls, if i like them, I LIKE THEM, NOT YOU. so how about you keep your negative comments to yourself.

and your band sucks balls. lick my gootch, ****.

(I get to talk shit back mainly because you started it, and don't mind my grammar or punctuation errors, I'm a little buzzed)
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:11 AM   #18
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Wow... It's all goin down in here!

Now Faile, concerning Dieguito and what he might do to you due to the "emo kid" comment, I have no sympathy

Now this is what I like to see! Tension in the forums that doesnt involve me! *snicker*

Competition is good

We're gamers after all, are we not?

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:18 AM   #19
DSgamer
here and there

man.. all I wanted was to share a video of a band I enjoy and that prick came and crapped all over it. and he didn't even do it smooth like vic viper (who is the fucking raddest member aside from rechick and redpyramidhead on this forum) he just said it because he felt like it.

oh and I enjoy oqylsdfs sasuke's posts because at least he knows his musical stuff unlike faile who probably hits power chords while his band screams away lyrics of how life sucks
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM   #20
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
Wow... It's all goin down in here!

Now Faile, concerning Dieguito and what he might do to you due to the "emo kid" comment, I have no sympathy

Now this is what I like to see! Tension in the forums that doesnt involve me! *snicker*

Competition is good

We're gamers after all, are we not?

_RED_ stuff
Yeah I don't exactly like conflict either, I also don't see myself as an overly competive guy. I just like to exercise my knowledge from time to time and when someone comes in here and just walks over it, it pisses me off. There no reason to go about telling someone there bands sucks or they have no taste and knowledge in music. It's called preference. Faile has yet to learn that and he's gotta start respecting it.

~Will

Social Networks