Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #41
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal

one time i was playing Ps2 and the controller disconnected but it was still in there.. scary stuff.

digimortal
-
Something similar like that happened to me, but it had nothing to do with the PS2.

It was Halloween and I was at work that night. I work in a restaurant and I was taking this one customer's order, when, after tending the change and closing the cash drawer back in, the key to the register just fell out. Now, I know that people might say "It's probably because you slammed the drawer and the key was loose" but that wasn't the case. The reason why I know is because the key was in a locked position where it won't budge unless you turn the register off. I picked up the key and insert it back in and it slid in easily, but when I tried to pull it back out again to check it, it wouldn't move (like it's supposed to). Man, I didn't understand what happened that night and no one I told believed me, so I just forgot about it and moved on. But, it still makes me think whenever Halloween rolls around.

Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

So yeah, to Meryl's question...or comments...maybe I'm stupid and don't fear these things enough, but it doesn't keep me away from checking out these places, because I know I can always leave if I have to. I'm still in search of the day when I see or hear something convincing enough that I can say to myself I saw this or I heard this and I know it was something that wasn't right at all! I understand why you would not want to do what I do. I think I must be extremely naive, because if I cross a line that I'm not prepared for I know it will change me forever.
So far, my strongest cases for supernatural experiences include the emotions that I seem to pick up.
I wouldn't say you're stupid or anything, but you're just naturally curious and would like to see proof of the supernatural, if they exist. However, I would recommend you don't linger around longer than you have to because of possession. I know that it sounds unbelievable to have a spirit or whatever possess someone, but it does happen in a few cases. Someone who is mentally weak or possess the same persona as the dead person can end up being taken over by the spirit. Especially if they have a sixth sense for these type of things. That's why my mom won't ever go near areas, like graveyards or unexplored regions or if she feels something is wrong with the area, she'll leave immediately. Like one time, we were house hunting a few years ago and we stumbled upon this one house that was kind of in a secluded area and while the realtor was showing us around, she told us that we shouldn't buy this house and we should leave right away. Later on, she said she didn't trust the house because she felt something was wrong with it and she sensed evil inside. She was afraid that whatever that was in there would take over her, so that's why she wanted to leave.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #42
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal

one time i was playing Ps2 and the controller disconnected but it was still in there.. scary stuff.

digimortal
-
Dude...weird things happen with playstations man! One time when I was playing Metal Gear Solid and this boss character was reading my mind! But then he couldn't when I *gasp* I care not to think about it....

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:19 PM   #43
omni vengeance
The No-Life King

omni vengeance is on a distinguished road
um....that happens all the time....

i saw some thing about martha stewart...and that just shows that there are supernatural stuff out there!

Thanks Eli for the sig and av ^_^
omni vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:38 AM   #44
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Dude...weird things happen with playstations man! One time when I was playing Metal Gear Solid and this boss character was reading my mind! But then he couldn't when I *gasp* I care not to think about it....

_RED_ stuff
oh dude, that happen to me too, but he made my controller rattle..it was CRAZY!

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #45
stormshadow
G.I. Joe Foe

stormshadow is on a distinguished road
The thought of supernatural beings have hit me twice in my lifetime so far. This one time a friend of mine and me were driving home from a party. We were driving down this hill in the winter time and the road was really slippery. When my friend started to apply the breaks we started to slide out of control. All his GT3 skills were not gonna help us out of this wreck. As we came to the middle of the hill we started to slide side ways and were still gaining speed. We were approaching a four way stop when we totally lost control. The car did a 210 degree spin and wound up backwards in the road that crossed through the road we were on. We were so close to th ditch I could see the telephone pole a few feet away from my window. The next day I found out another friend of mine crashed in the same spot. I could'nt explain how we made it out of that with the car intact. The other time was when me and a buddy were playing Tony Hawks 2 for PS. We were playing so long the game started wigging out and making all sorts of sounds that did not sound natural. It was a real freak out. I thought a satanic spirit had taking over my PS and I was going to have to spend the cash for another on. Lucky me.
stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 01:41 AM   #46
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

So did it feel like the car stopped by some unseen force or extreme luck or did you feel the process of it losing momentum?
That might help clarify things...people should always ask themselves questions like these when experiencing a possible paranormal event atleast afterwards. I'm sure you thought of it, yourself.

Here's an interesting story, I was driving two friends on an icy road a few years ago...well, we came to a hill which also happened to be a sharp left turn (not a good combination in that weather) and my car was horrible on the ice to begin with. Well basically, my wheels were turning to go left but it did not happen that way. I more or less went straight into this huge stone wall at 25 mph. (I'm not sure what that is in kph but its atleast 50 I think.) Brakes did no good on the ice and it happened too fast for evasive maneuvers of any other kind. WEll the short of the story is, we should have been hurt much worse. My friends had not a scratch and my hands and arm were bleeding but they were superficial cuts and on top of that my oldsmobile, which is built like not only a buick, but a tank (which we nicknamed the "tank" after that) sustained not much more than a dented front bumper and fender. Wait...can you believe this? boulders were knocked down from that wall and I mean HUGE boulders!

Now don't think of that story kids next time you go out driving. THe truth is we should have atleast almost died from life-threatening injuries and been paralyzed for life. In a smaller and plastic car I imagine we wouldn't have even had a chance. Oh, and seatbelts people! That's another thing that saved us!

Any other seemingly "miraculous" happenings to anybody?

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 06:27 AM   #47
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Well if anybody's interested (possibly Meryl?) my friends and I went back to that cemetary last night. Agai, we didn't stay long because my friend was too uneasy. I thought I might have seen more than the usual amount of movement in the shadows...you know maybe slightly past the point where you know your eyes are just playing with you. But, again, it didn't prove anything to me. I count it as not seeing anything. Also, I didn't feel any random sadness this time or anything except I felt extra afraid to look in certain directions for some reason. My friends both thought htey saw something, including something they both realized looked quite similar to what the other described, or so they thought. We were just sitting in the car again this time, btw. A long time ago I used to walk around and so did people I know, but activity seems to be up again in that place a little bit so it's not as easy to get yourself out of that car for too long. Especially, when people are saying they see things that would be right behind you if you were! Idiots...I am so not completely impressed yet by their claims, but still I just don't know. As it goes, I still stand at believing and not believing at the same time.

Now come on people where are your stories? I've got an interesting one about bloody clothes that happened to people I know if you guys make an effort

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #48
nycgamer

nycgamer is on a distinguished road
I have never experienced anything "supernatural" but I've always believed in it. It doesn't matter to me if it's real or not ~ life is simply more interesting for me when I choose to believe that there is more to it than meets the eye.
nycgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #49
stormshadow
G.I. Joe Foe

stormshadow is on a distinguished road
The car did not lose full momentum until it stopped. The reason why I linked it to supernatural behavior was because it felt like we slid over the ditch at the corner of the road. But just a feeling could'nt hold up in court so it may have been some form of luck.
stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:49 AM   #50
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Well I think this is the last time I'm gonna try and revive this thread for now since it doesnt seem to be doing well on it's own so here's an interesting story for you all. I will only post more if the thread doesn't "die" again.

A friend of mine used to live on a different street in the same town he does now. The house across from him (they had all been around for atleast 50 years I think) had had a fire once where a little girl and her mother died in. He claims that especially on hot summer nights they would be visible in the windows of the house. Sometimes even when passing very close to the house. In fact, now that I remember, his friend lived in that house at the time and concurred it was very haunted. The dead mother was not visible as often, but the girl would show up and walk right up to the window. At night, her eyes would appear to be hollow and lacking eyeballs...just sockets. The theory is that in the heat of the fire when she died the first thing to go were the eyeballs which were basically incinerated by the heat first. I don't know about that, but I do believe what they saw to an extent. Also dogs can be heard running up and down the stairs and barking that are not there at times.

Ok, one more interesting thing. My best friend a while back who is very in touch wiht his sixth sense and in certain "states" or "trances" that he gets into can get vibes from people about their emotions and even images from or that represent their minds. Keep in mind this is the way it would seem to him looking through his eyes at somebody else's mind he does not understand. Well, to put it simply he had a look of sorts into my mind once when he was in a certain mood. Basically, he understood that he understood it the least of anybody he knew and it disturbed him. He can't remember what he saw and can't describe it very well, but he did still hav einteresting things to say and I remember some of what he said when it happened. If you want to know more, just ask if you're curious.

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:35 AM   #51
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:

Well if anybody's interested (possibly Meryl?) my friends and I went back to that cemetary last night. Agai, we didn't stay long because my friend was too uneasy. I thought I might have seen more than the usual amount of movement in the shadows...you know maybe slightly past the point where you know your eyes are just playing with you. But, again, it didn't prove anything to me. I count it as not seeing anything. Also, I didn't feel any random sadness this time or anything except I felt extra afraid to look in certain directions for some reason. My friends both thought htey saw something, including something they both realized looked quite similar to what the other described, or so they thought. We were just sitting in the car again this time, btw. A long time ago I used to walk around and so did people I know, but activity seems to be up again in that place a little bit so it's not as easy to get yourself out of that car for too long. Especially, when people are saying they see things that would be right behind you if you were! Idiots...I am so not completely impressed yet by their claims, but still I just don't know. As it goes, I still stand at believing and not believing at the same time.
I can't believe you went back, you guys must have nerves of steel. Maybe you didn't feel any particular emotions this time around because there wasn't anything upsetting at the moment. I meant, regarding the ghost/spirit. Or maybe your connection wasn't strong or "at its peak" this time. Again, I'm not an expert so please don't take my word for it or anything.

Quote:
Now come on people where are your stories? I've got an interesting one about bloody clothes that happened to people I know if you guys make an effort

_RED_ stuff
I wouldn't mind hearing this bloody clothes story and what your friend saw in your mind. I don't have any other stories though...my life is pretty dull. Which is probably why I'm so interested in these ghost stories...I'm a dork, what can I say?

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #52
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
Awright (true believer). I have had so many freaky f^&*in' incidents it would take me pages to describe them all.

1) I have had a few incidents of clairvoyance. One time, I had a dream of me and a friend walking down the street, and he got hit by a car, and it broke his leg. the next day, he fell down the stairs and broke them same leg, in the same spot.

2)a few other dreams, not going into any of them, all either cam true, or similar events happened, all stopped when i hung a couple dreamcatchers above my bed.

3) Me and a few of my firends occasionally go to an abandoned mental asylum. Usually around halloween, and once on samhain, at 1 hour to midnight. Right as we got in the back of the building, we all heard a howl, looked at the woods, and every one of us described the exact same image. (6 of us) A large, white creature, looked about the size of a large dog, standing on its hind legs staring at us, then a few seconds after we turned to it, it got down on all fours, and ran like a bat out of hell into the woods. There are no four-legged, bipedal creatures that size. The largest i have heard of is a gopher. (I mean animals that can stnd up on their hind legs if they can run on all four)

4) We have been to the asylum 3 times so far. we have heard things like screams and shouts, but those don't count to me. we took a camcorder with us once, and while recollecting the tape, we have seen three things.
1. Mist on a floor that had none when we were there, and then footprints thru the mist.
2. A little girl, standing in a doorway holding a doll.
3. A man standing in the hall, flexing his arms, dresed in a blue jumper
That shit freaked us out... We didn't see any of it while we were there, but it appeared on tape.

5) Two weeks ago, my friend's grandma died. Last week was his gm's funeral. His mother was standing in front of him, then turned around, said "your grandmother's talking to me", and then dropped dead. The doc's still don't know what happened to her since the funeral last wednesday.

6) My friends moved into a house right down the street from me. I had known then for about 2 years already. Before they moved in, the previous renter had had a heart attack and died in the living room. Before they even found out about it, they had made comments about hearing stuff at night, having random cigarettes appear on the table when they had run out, and other wierd, but beneficial things. After they had found out from their landlord that the other guy died in the living room, he got creeped the F%^K out when my friend said "oh, so THAT'S who's been leaving me cigarettes....."

That's enough stories out of me for right now. I'd love to keep going, but unfortunately, and coincidentally, I have a funeral to go to...

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:52 AM   #53
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
mog DigiMortal's tips for dealing with the supernatural

follow this simple guideline and you won't ever have to be afraid of ghosts,spirit dogs,werewolves,little ghost kids..etc..ever again!

First, it's important to note that ghost are very territorial..they think they're running things....ok, this is where they are wrong!.

They aren't running anything..their misjudgement needs to be made apparent and exploited for them to leave you alone.

Let me explain how to go about doing this..

Act as vulgar as possible while in the presence of the supernatural..that's right! My personal favorite thing to do is farting. Big loud ones too that echo off the walls..and smelly.

you need to understand that ghosts exist on a seperate plain of reality..but they do materialize themselves from time to time.You need to disrupt their playing field so to speak..the only way to do this is by disrupting the air around you.

It will totally throw them into a state of confusion..not only that though, farting is very territorial behavior..almost like a bear growling when someone enters their cave, or a lion roaring. In fact if you can make a fart that sounds like a lion raor then well you might even destroy the ghost.

digimortal
- if anyone needs anymore help on how to deal with the supernatural (cause i don't give out all my secrets for free) just send me some cash and i'll jot down some infos on a napkin or something for you.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:54 AM   #54
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I can't believe you went back, you guys must have nerves of steel.
Heh...No, actually it's also quite possible I'm just naive about the whole thing like I explained in an earlier post (or did I?) I mean, I have heard of people getting hurt there, especially at this particular cemetery.
For some reason I am kind of numb to certain fears of eminent or clear and present danger (isn't that a movie?) so I'm weird that way.

Quote:
Maybe you didn't feel any particular emotions this time around because there wasn't anything upsetting at the moment. I meant, regarding the ghost/spirit. Or maybe your connection wasn't strong or "at its peak" this time. Again, I'm not an expert so please don't take my word for it or anything.
No what your saying makes perfect sense. THe funny thing is I don't think many people can really claim to be an expert on something like this, anywayz.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind hearing this bloody clothes story and what your friend saw in your mind. I don't have any other stories though...my life is pretty dull. Which is probably why I'm so interested in these ghost stories...I'm a dork, what can I say?
First of all, you are certainly not a dork being one of the cooler people on these forums and all. Second of all, since you asked, here's the bloody clothes story in all it's glory:

Well, there's this house called The Langdell House because that was the name of the previous owners (I think). Interestingly, it is pretty much just down the road from this cemetery my ghost hunting buddies and I keep going to. In it's current condition, you can't go inside. It is condemned and there is no light, pitch dakrness, except for the upstairs rooms where there are still windows that aren't boarded up. The floors are rotting at this point and it's not safe to go in. You'd probably stumble around until you fall through the floor and die in the basement. In fact, this happened to a paranormal investigator a few years ago who now supposedly haunts the place himself. Anywayz...the interest in the place was originally sparked by the fact that an elderly couple lived there who were both supposedly both driven insane in their state of mind by how haunted the house was they had to live in and the ghosts themselves. These apparitions were apparently ruthless with these folks and eventually they were driven to the point where they supposedly hung themselves together at the same time in an upstairs room.

Well, as the story goes, since they did that they started to haunt the place as well.
Basically, after this place had nobody living in it and nobody wanted to live in it because it was so notorious, supernatural investigators and ghost enthusiasts started showing up. Anywhere from pros who take what they do really seriously to others who don't go with the right attitude or respect. This is why the place kept getting more damaged I assume. Also, people would have to sneak in because it's on private property and the owners would keep boarding it up. A few of my friends and people I know have been inside the house. I've seen it and gone up to it and tried to see inside but it was just too dark on many occasions. One of the times my friends went in they brought a video camera with them and a digital camera as well. THey didn't see anything in particular in the house while they were there, but if I remember correctly they had some weird vibes and may have heard stuff. They went into a room upstairs and I think that particular room made them shiver and one of them almost black out or something. Also, they ventured into the attic where they found a lot of old clothes among other things and stuff that just seemed scary for no particular reason. OK, here's where it get's disturbing:
>
>
>
>
>
On that camera videotape they made they saw orbs flying around right behind eachother's heads at some points following them around rooms and up and down stairs. And now for the climax:
>
>
>
>
>
Remember those clothes i nthe attic? On the videotape there were dark blood stains all over them!!!

None of my friends have any explanation for this and they did not see these stains while they were there. Now ghostly blood is a scary thought, don' you think???

Well, hope I didn't give you or anyone else nightmares. Later!

_RED_ stuff

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Jul 2nd, 2003 at 04:01 AM..
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:07 AM   #55
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you need to understand that ghosts exist on a seperate plain of reality..but they do materialize themselves from time to time.You need to disrupt their playing field so to speak..the only way to do this is by disrupting the air around you.
DigiMortal you rock!!! Thank you for just making my day. I'd laugh/love to hear more of your theories but...hell no I'm not gonna send you money.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:05 AM   #56
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

You know what Digi? normally I find your posts quite humorous when they are meant to be, but in this case I was offended. This is supposed to be a serious post abou tthe supernatural and you basically just totally insulted any kind of validity in what people in this thread are saying. Well, guess what? I don't care what you think. THere are interesting and hard to explain events such as these that happen in a lot of people's lives and IMO it makes for great discussion. If you don't think so, you could have said something constructive about why you don't believe these things to be interesting to you.

_RED_ stuff

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:46 AM   #57
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Don't be offended, Red. I'm sure Digimortal meant no offence. .

Besides, after reading all of the post/stories from page one, reading something with some satirical humor is good. It serves as a little "break", because you know, some of these stories (especially yours!) are pretty eerie and frightening !

Ah, so many conflicts/misunderstandings lately ! I'm telling you, this is not the way to go .

Anyway, after reading your later posts, I became even more intrigued ! What nerve you must have !

I'll come back and edit this tomorrow with a more valid post, and something else I'd like to add.
The damned pool had loads of bleach and I still can't manage to get my eyes to adjust/see normally with and without glasses >.<;... I can barely see what I'm typing. Ugh.

Quote:
Remember those clothes i nthe attic? On the videotape there were dark blood stains all over them!!!
Are you serious ? *checks shirt* Ah, I feel funny. No sleepy time for me tonight.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #58
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:

For some reason I am kind of numb to certain fears of eminent or clear and present danger (isn't that a movie?) so I'm weird that way.
Nah, you're not weird. There are people like you and in a way, this behavior is good but also bad. At least you won't be the type of person who jumps and overreacts to certain things because of your resistance to fear.
Oh and yes, it is a movie, lol.

Quote:
On that camera videotape they made they saw orbs flying around right behind eachother's heads at some points following them around rooms and up and down stairs.
Do you happen to know if there were a lot of orbs around? I mean, I wouldn't be suprised if there were because this place definitely seems haunted from your description.

Quote:

None of my friends have any explanation for this and they did not see these stains while they were there. Now ghostly blood is a scary thought, don' you think???
Whoa, you serious? That's scary stuff right there. It's cool how cameras can pick up certain things that aren't visible to the naked eye.

Quote:
Well, hope I didn't give you or anyone else nightmares. Later!

_RED_ stuff
Nightmares?! Don't be ridiculous! Ha, ha, ha! *becomes paranoid*

You Can Help

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 03:00 AM   #59
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Yeah, maybe I overreacted a little about Digi's post. I was in one of those serious moods when i posted my reply to that. Actually, most of the time I'm in a serious mood, but it doesn't usually hinder my sense of humor. I don't know what happened.

Anyway, wow...those are some interesting stories Deathwatchz has. Unfortunately, I think he might be off to boot camp by now

Anybody with similar experiences to his or anything else interesting? As I try desperately to keep this thread alive. Actually, I have tons more second hand stories from friends, but I feel like I wwant other people to enjoy this thread, too. Maybe it's just not interesting to enough people in this crowd which is ok.

BOO! how's this? Who's afraid of the supernatural whether you're sure you believe in it or not?

Hey, who's afraid of being abducting by aliens? That stuff kept me awake many nights worrying when I was younger.

_RED_ stuff

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 02:47 PM   #60
Virtualeclipse
Virtual

Virtualeclipse is on a distinguished road
yeah theres super natural. Never faced it but i believe.
Virtualeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote