Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Sep 16th, 2005, 07:37 AM   #21
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
^ P00R LiTtLe meryl

STiLL, u Do BRiNg uP a G00D P0iNT ThERe...
WhaT iF tHE Y0uNG Snake iN ThE 'teaser image' iS ACtuaLLy tHE 1 aND 0NLy Big Boss tHAt hAS BeEN bR0UGht BaCK 2 LiFe ANd iS acTUAllY G0iNG 2 Be THe BaD GUy iN thE GaMe?!?

... WhiLE wE'Re stUCk beiNG oLD... ANd CRanKY... aND wEaK.

i KN0W iT's FarFETcheD, BUt i'M JuST TrYiN' 2 bE 0RIgiNAl.
iF ONly hE DidN'T HaVe a STUpiD M0uSTaCHe, iT W0ULd bE aWeS0ME.
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #22
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Talking Here Is The Trailer !!!!

https://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

the quality is a little bad, taken from a home video camera..

anyway, all i can say is HOLY F***, theres just nothing else to say. best looking next gen game yet. That was freaking unbelievable.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #23
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

D0WnL0aDiNG iT RiGht n0W!
( HmmMm... WaS ThiS P0St NeCeSSAry? )

ANyWayS, i'LL EDit mY C0MmENts laTER.

EDiT:
F0R STarTeRs, iT's eXtreMELy weLL D0nE! i W0uLD 0F LiKed 2 SEe M0Re 'ST0Ry 0RiENted' MaTEriaL, BuT i'M STiLL QuiTE iMPResSEd.

BeST PaRt: GRaPhiCs.
W0RsT pARt: Solid Snake's DaRn M0UstaCHE!!

Last edited by Qjij_jijQ; Sep 16th, 2005 at 04:18 PM..
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #24
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I didn't bother downloading that because I saw it on tv. (Attack of the Show) To see that on a big ass screen. All I can really say is motherdamn. Graphics were off the chain.

I don't even care about the mustache any more. I just want the damn game.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #25
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

i'M ReaLLy H0PiNg 4 aN "0uT 0F thIS W0Rld" kiNDa GaME... aND SinCE iT IS 'suPP0Sed' 2 bE tHe LAsT 1, i'D liKE EVeryTHiNG 2 bE pERFecT. As 0F N0w, Solid Snake's M0uSTacHE iS ThE M0St AWefuL pArT 0F thE GaMe.

ANY0ne KN0ws whEN we'LL heRE m0Re 0N tHiS?
ThERe aRE S0 mAnY ThiNGs tHe TRaiLeR LeFt 0Ut...
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #26
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjij_jijQ
i'M ReaLLy H0PiNg 4 aN "0uT 0F thIS W0Rld" kiNDa GaME... aND SinCE iT IS 'suPP0Sed' 2 bE tHe LAsT 1, i'D liKE EVeryTHiNG 2 bE pERFecT. As 0F N0w, Solid Snake's M0uSTacHE iS ThE M0St AWefuL pArT 0F thE GaMe.

ANY0ne KN0ws whEN we'LL heRE m0Re 0N tHiS?
ThERe aRE S0 mAnY ThiNGs tHe TRaiLeR LeFt 0Ut...
yeah, they didnt show Raiden.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #27
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

^ DidN't Kojima sAY ThAT wE ACtuaLLy WerE suPP0SeD 2 SeE hIM iN ThiS TRAiLer?

PLuS, i'D LiKe 2 SEe S0Me dARn BaD GuYS!
ThEY're My fAV0RiTE PaRT 0F tHE gaME... USuaLLy.
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #28
GameMind

GameMind is on a distinguished road
cool.. is it released yet?
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #29
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMind
cool.. is it released yet?
Lol. No. Ps3 isn't even out yet.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 05:39 AM   #30
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

I made some quick calculations, based on some information I found on the net and apparently, Big Boss was about 48 years old when he fell into a coma and they decided to clone him.

If my math is correct, he should've been about 75 years old in MGS2.
( I say "should've been" as he's apparently dead, of course )

Now, in MGS2, Solid Snake looks like he's about... 40? But, he is in fact 27 years old, which means that he's growing at about 1.50 ( 1.481 to be precise ) times faster than normal humans.

In MGS4, he looks like he's around 60 years old, so technically, the events in the game should be taking place about 13 years later, which would make Solid Snake 40 years old. ( We're in 2012-2013 then )

I've heard that clones tend to grow faster, since they are made from 'older' cells, but is the growing process supposed to be accelerated even after the clone has reached the actual age of the person it was cloned from?

IF that's not the case, Solid Snake would've stopped growing older faster at the age of 32-33 years old, at which he would look like he's actually 48 years old. This would mean that the events in MGS4 would be taking place almost 30 years later!

Last edited by Qjij_jijQ; Sep 19th, 2005 at 05:41 AM..
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #31
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

^ Can't edit your post twice?
Anyways, forget what I just said... here's the real numbers.

After the attack on Pearl Harbor (1941), Big Boss wanted to join the army, but was apparently "too young" to do so. He then decided to lie about his age, in order to be able to get accepted. This means that he was, at the most 17 years old ( let's say that's how old he was )

In 1941, Big Boss is 17.
Then it means he was born in 1924.

He was cloned in 1972, when he was 48.
... and he 'died' in 1999 in MG2: SS, when Solid Snake was 27.
( Which means he 'died' at 75 years old )

In MGS, Solid Snake is 33.
In MGS2, Solid Snake is 35.

If we say he looks about 45 in MGS2, it means that he's aging at the rate of 1.29 times that of a regular human being. So, since he looks like he's 60 in MGS4, it means he's actually 46-47 years old. In that case, we can say that the events in MGS4 are taking place about 11-12 years after those of the previous game.

In that case, in MGS4, we're in 2018-2019.
Does that seem reasonable to you guys?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:58 AM   #32
GameMind

GameMind is on a distinguished road
INTERESTING , but doesnt matter, still dont like his white hair , btw is this means in MGS5 he`ll be 80 or something? and in MGS6 he`ll be died and they`ll make a copy of him!?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:50 PM   #33
Phenom

^ I heard this was suppose to be the last Metal Gear (could be wrong... Kojima do like to pull alot of peoples legs), or were those questions a joke to add in a little humor?
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #34
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
He looks great, IMO

Hey guys, sorry have been offline from this website for almost an year. Things were different, and they were just crazy. I hardly came online at all. Neways, I cannot say that I am back now, as I dont know whats going on with my life. All I can say is that its good to see this website, and see people I once knew too well. It still is an amazing place to be...too many memories I have here.

So yeah back to the topic of this thread.
Solid Snake, yes he looks old and as Qjij_jijQ explained, he is aging pretty fast because of the DNA process. Kojima "kinda" confirmed that the game IS TAKING place around 10 years after the BIG SHELL incident.

As for how Snake looks, I think he looks great, and people do not worry if you dont like the new Solid Snake imagery because remember when screenshots of Sons of Liberty were out back in 2000, people thought he looked wack or not so good, but now its perfectly fine. Just like that his image, his looks will grow on to us, thats the magic of Snake, Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa.

But ONE POINT to be noted, in his latest interview, Kojima mentioned that if people complain too much about Solid Snake's new "old" looks, he just might redo his appearence and make him look younger, but he decided to make him old because he has better storyline for that AGED Snake and that he wanted to challenge himself and his staff to create an older looking protagonist, because according to him anyone can create a character with nice and shiny skin with no wrinkles and all (Dead Or Alive 4 anyone). So yeah..... I think Solid Snake looks great and I will like his new looks even more, the more I look at him (And no I have not turned gay in the time period I left these forums).

CAN NOT WAIT

As for Metal Gear Solid 5 and 6, Kojima also confirmed that SNAKE might not be the lead character in the Metal Gear games in the future at all, may be Raiden might take over, or whoever directs those game decides whos the main character of Metal Gear games now.

Honestly, I dont want Solid Snake the main lead character if Kojima is not making those games, because the other directors might ruin Snake's character or something, so someone new and fresh should be just fine.

Oh and Kojima also said that "WE" would LOVE Raiden this time around in Guns of the Patriot, cause hes making him way cooler and more rugged, which I knew it all along from before. I like Raiden and cannot wait to see the new and imporved version of him, I think he'll be the new Grey Fox, who knows.

Last edited by MakgSnake; Feb 8th, 2006 at 11:33 AM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #35
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
As for how Snake looks, I think he looks great, and people do not worry if you dont like the new Solid Snake imagery because remember when screenshots of Sons of Liberty were out back in 2000, people thought he looked wack or not so good, but now its perfectly fine. Just like that his image, his looks will grow on to us, thats the magic of Snake, Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa.
People thought Snake looked horrible in MGS2? I thought it was a good look for him because it made him look more mature, wiser, and experienced.

Quote:
But ONE POINT to be noted, in his latest interview, Kojima mentioned that if people complain too much about Solid Snake's new "old" looks, he just might redo his appearence and make him look younger, but he decided to make him old because he has better storyline for that AGED Snake and that he wanted to challenge himself and his staff to create an older looking protagonist, because according to him anyone can create a character with nice and shiny skin with no wrinkles and all (Dead Or Alive 4 anyone).
Yeah, I read that interview too. I don't know how much younger he might make Snake if everyone's response to him isn't favorable though. Thing is, I don't mind the whole "look" to Snake (he looks quite dashing actually), but I just don't like seeing or thinking about old people in general, that's the problem I'm having right now with the elderly Snake.

Quote:
As for Metal Gear Solid 5 and 6, Kojima also confirmed that SNAKE might not be the lead character in the Metal Gear games in the future at all, may be Raiden might take over, or whoever directs those game decides whos the main character of Metal Gear games now.
Um...why bother with MGS 5 and 6? I love this series as much as the next fan, but they really shouldn't carry on, otherwise the series could fall into the "tired franchise" category *cough* "Tomb Raider" *cough*

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #36
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Um...why bother with MGS 5 and 6? I love this series as much as the next fan, but they really shouldn't carry on, otherwise the series could fall into the "tired franchise" category *cough* "Tomb Raider" *cough*
that's always a risk, but TR 1,2,3 and 4 compare very poorly with MGS 1,2,3 and 4. There were no really big leaps made in the Tomb Raider games ever, we were playing the same game again, and again and again, no matter how the level designers dressed up and textured each "tomb" as a different locale (venice, the jungle, the arctic: they're all tomb-like) - the MGS games should be commended for their utterly distinct feel, their ability to keep it fresh. Sons of Liberty wasn't all that different, but Snake Eater was frankly such a turn-around for the series that I'm confident that the series is far less likely to grow "tired". MGS4 looks like another unique twist again, and you know what? He may look faintly like Magnum PI in a sneaking suit, but I damn-well like Snake's new look.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #37
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hmm, I agree Tomb Raider is a pure example of ruining a franshise with too many sequals, but there is also Final Fantasy that has gone till XII, I know every sequal has its own storyline but still.

Metal Gear Solid is a the BIGSHOT for Konami, and I believe they'll try making the most profit out of it till they can. I mean if "Test Drive" series is still running and coming with the 7th sequal I suppose, why cant Metal Gear?

And Kojima being the Vice President of Konami Entertainment Japan Tokyo, he said he'll make sure that Metal Gear series will always be watched by Kojima himself no matter who directs it.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #38
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
that's always a risk, but TR 1,2,3 and 4 compare very poorly with MGS 1,2,3 and 4. There were no really big leaps made in the Tomb Raider games ever, we were playing the same game again, and again and again, no matter how the level designers dressed up and textured each "tomb" as a different locale (venice, the jungle, the arctic: they're all tomb-like) - the MGS games should be commended for their utterly distinct feel, their ability to keep it fresh.
I wasn't exactly comparing the "TR" series with "MGS" on a literal basis; I know these series are completely different in genre, story, and so on, but what I meant to do was just compare the idea of a long-running franchise that appeared successful in the beginning, but slowly diminished in popularity and/or style/good taste. Of course, obviously, "TR" went downhill much faster than "MGS" but there is the possibility that the same fate could happen with the "MGS" series, one will never know.

Quote:
Sons of Liberty wasn't all that different, but Snake Eater was frankly such a turn-around for the series that I'm confident that the series is far less likely to grow "tired".
Please don't get me wrong. It isn't that I want the "MGS" series to end. I mean, right after playing "Snake Eater" and thinking that this was the supposed "final" game to the series, I was severely depressed for a few days. Because, as you said, "Snake Eater" was a complete turn-around and it was incredibly fresh in all aspects of the gameplay and the story/character development were much more emotional and complex than the previous games. So, I was really upset it was the last one. But, once I heard there'll be a fourth game, I was thrilled.

But the idea of continuing the series and without Kojima in the director's chair left me sort of doubtful and fearful. Yes, it's possible the new director and/or the new team might make the future "MGS" games as much a success as the formers, but what if they don't? They might feel the pressure to live up to the name of the series and Kojima's legacy, so they'll wreck their brains trying to figure out an outstanding plot that'll blow the previous ones away and, as a result, the whole thing might come out convoluted and messy. Or they might not be able to keep the spirit or the style of the series as Kojima intended. Then the gamers who supported the continuation of the series will begin whining and bitching, "Omigod, what happened here?" or "This is not what we want! What's wrong with them?!" or "This game sucks! Why'd they make more?" and blah, blah, blah.

This is exactly what happened with the "Tomb Raider" series. Gamers wanted the series to continue and with the non-linear plot, it is so very possible to continue the series successfully as long as they stick with the elements that made the first game shine and a great story. But no. Gamers wanted more, they wanted more features, more clothes, better graphics, and so on. Then what happened? Everything started getting sour. Gamers complained...but some still bought it. And yes, I realize that CORE became greedy, stupid, and lazy, so they figured they already made a successful franchise so they can just cheat consumers out and I know that Kojima or the future director/team wouldn't become that way(hopefully) so there shouldn't be any worries and I shouldn't compare. But, if CORE had the same passion as Kojima, they really should've:

a) left the series at number 2 or 3
or
b) continued, but made the games unique and fresher than the formers.

So, what I'm trying to say is, too much of a good thing can be bad. Why not just leave the series at it's peak popularity or it's peak success? As in, letting gamers remember the games as a real legend, a real classic. And, as I said earlier, even though the future "TR" games were horrendous, some still bought it. Do you really want the outstanding "MGS" series to turn into something cheap like that? And yes, as I said, the future team might not turn money-greedy, but you'll never know. They might put out something mediocre, but just because it's the "MGS" name, people will still buy it.

Wanting more isn't bad, but it's because I love this series so and admire Kojima so much that I just want, excuse me if I'm being selfish, the games to be directed and done only by Kojima and his current team. Which is why I worry. And of course, I could be wrong in all that I'm saying; the future games might turn out fantastic and if that's the case, then I'll be very happy and admit that I was wrong in my doubts.

EDIT: Also, may I add that people might not care so much for the "MGS" series as much as some of us. I mean, "MGS3" didn't even win "Game of the Year"...instead, that honor went to "GTA: San Andreas"! Honestly, not being all fanboyish here, but it just goes to show that people prefer something involving random shooting and profanity instead of a game with a real passion running through its veins.

Quote:
and you know what? He may look faintly like Magnum PI in a sneaking suit, but I damn-well like Snake's new look.
Alrighty, I don't know if you're being hostile with this phrase, but I don't really mind old Snake, but I just don't like thinking about old people in general because they depress me so. Maybe I am just uber-sensitive to the needs and the idea of the elderly, but the idea that Snake is "aging" to this state, makes me fear and saddened at the fact that he could, well, very well die. Okay, so maybe it's really the idea of the death of a legendary hero that saddens me moreso than the elderly aspect and the oldness is just enhancing my fear. Oh God...Kojima won't make him die in "MGS4" will he?!?!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Feb 10th, 2006 at 03:00 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #39
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alrighty, I don't know if you're being hostile with this phrase,
people have a bad habit of interpretating my intensifying phrases and randomly-addressed interrogatives as personal attacks I don't even remember you talking about the old Snake, so I can't have been addressing you

All age groups should get their own video game hero. Will Snake die in MGS4? It has to be a possibility, I mean Kojima almost seems to be preping Raiden for something... But sooner or later Snake is going to die anyway. It's probably far better that he goes before the game falls in danger of going stale like you said... I'm still not sure with the Tomb Raider comparrison though, simply because it's a series that I have always felt was stale with the very first sequel. The difference between the reaction to the Whiners between MGS and TR is that Kojima productions has never worried about them all that much whilst Core pandered left right and centre and cookie cut their games from the beginning. Even if Kojima leaves, I have faith in the team to keep the series to a good quality, and wind it up at an appropriate time. After all, there is only so long that the series can even feasibly go on for. The timeline is pretty damned full
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #40
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
I agree. I have always thought that "heroes", in any kind of myth, must eventually die, disappear, go away at the right time. I am honestly disgusted by Square Enix's FFVII revival, something that is justified in my opinion by nothing more than marketing reasons.

Game publishers want to re-use the same characters forever for many obvious reasons; game directors and authors must know when it's time for a change in the series. Kojima is not an average developer. He is an author, and he has gained enough freedom to do what he thinks is best for his series. I also sense Snake "must" die in this game, like many of you - only if Kojima believes Snake has still something to say, a dramatic role into the series' storyline, he will let Snake survive this adventure.

Snake cannot live forever because he is not just an "action hero", one of those modern action movie characters that can be reused forever; he is closer to a tragic hero, one that from the beginning of his journey, next to his almost superhuman strengths, has already those limits that will eventually lead to his end, like Liquid, Solidus, or Big Boss.

This said, I do not think the series must necessarily end with the next game. The myth Kojima has created is complex enough to offer a thousand different developments, in the hands of the right people. I cannot hide Konami, despite the company's idiosyncrasies and occasional criminous lack of control on some key projects, is probably my favorite game developer, so I have faith in their work on future Metal Gear games.

But I would love the series to change its name after MGS4, to create a distinction between the past and the future - and eventually between development teams lead by different directors.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote