Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #21
David
Need a Bouncer?

David is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted By ssjtrunks13

What's so special about guns in a FF game? There have been guns in FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX. MAybe if there wasn't guns in all these maybe I'd be stunned.
It's special because this is suppose to be a medieval Final Fantasy game sort of, but finding gun's in this game is hard, and rare. I'll try to get the picture of a Tarutaru holding a 12-gauge Shotgun.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #22
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Frostman445

marraige on a videogame?........no way!!
What about Harvest Moon 64??!! getting marriend on that game was quite challenging, having a baby is even harder, ahem lol.

I dunno bout this game, I'll have to be working at least part time to afford it, and I'm not to keen on that lol.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #23
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by David
It's special because this is suppose to be a medieval Final Fantasy game sort of, but finding gun's in this game is hard, and rare. I'll try to get the picture of a Tarutaru holding a 12-gauge Shotgun.
and chances are, unless you have a very high lvl in the "Archer" class, you won't be able to equip them. A bit of a gimick in a way, but they were supposedly being offered for high prices by a secret NPC guild in the game... trouble is, finding them or meeting the requirements. I've lost my picture of a hume carrying the damned thing, but the "Gunner" class has been rumored for quite some-time and is one of the more popular classes.

Oh, and the expansion will supposedly offer at least some of the classes that so many wanted in the first place: Summoner, Ninja, Samuarai and Dragoon were massively debated, and I would really like to be that last one (also, I'm wondering if the Expansion won't be already integrated into the out of Japan releases...)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #24
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally Posted By the_artist

and chances are, unless you have a very high lvl in the "Archer" class, you won't be able to equip them. A bit of a gimick in a way, but they were supposedly being offered for high prices by a secret NPC guild in the game... trouble is, finding them or meeting the requirements. I've lost my picture of a hume carrying the damned thing, but the "Gunner" class has been rumored for quite some-time and is one of the more popular classes.

Oh, and the expansion will supposedly offer at least some of the classes that so many wanted in the first place: Summoner, Ninja, Samuarai and Dragoon were massively debated, and I would really like to be that last one (also, I'm wondering if the Expansion won't be already integrated into the out of Japan releases...)
Yes, you do need to be in a high level to equip a gun, it's even harder to get alot of Gil, because it is kinda scarce in the game, anyway is that it would be expencive and so would the ammunition.

And it is true that they are making a new expansion card for FFXI,
but it's not out in Japan yet, I heard it is coming out soon over, probally in the Spring or Summer, and I want to be a Dragoon too. But the thing about the card is, it allows you to get better weapons, and items, there can be more, but thats all I know about the new expansion card.

I will show you guys that picture of the Tarutaru holding a gun real soon, so how do you guys like the Vana'Diel Livecam?
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:20 PM   #25
David
Need a Bouncer?

Here you go guys, a Tarutaru holding a 12-gauge Shotgun.

https://img.ranchoweb.com/images/mont...ldingagun..jpg

Sweet no!? I love this game so much, that I didn't even played it yet!
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:47 PM   #26
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It's special because this is suppose to be a medieval Final Fantasy game sort of, but finding gun's in this game is hard, and rare.
I see now, that's very cool! I also saw the picture and I think the Tarutaru looks really funny holding it. (I just never pictured something so small holding a gun)
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:01 PM   #27
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

that player is kitted out pretty cooley really... and that not just the gun. Dark Knights look pretty damned cool as well. I wonder if there are any Tarataru's out there holding scythes?! (wow, I think I just realised what i'm gonna play as for a little in FFXI... That'd just be too scary... a knee high little girl scything your ankles... rarrr!!!)
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:55 PM   #28
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally Posted By ssjtrunks13

I see now, that's very cool! I also saw the picture and I think the Tarutaru looks really funny holding it. (I just never pictured something so small holding a gun)
Yeah, that is the first thing I thought too. I thought, by the time he took a shot, the tarutaru would fly 3 feet from the ground, by the impact.

Quote:

that player is kitted out pretty cooley really... and that not just the gun. Dark Knights look pretty damned cool as well. I wonder if there are any Tarataru's out there holding scythes?! (wow, I think I just realised what i'm gonna play as for a little in FFXI... That'd just be too scary... a knee high little girl scything your ankles... rarrr!!!)
It would be funny to see that, but I think there should be a size for a tarutaru. Some weopons may not be equiped to some races.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:59 AM   #29
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

If I take the size of Magus' scythe and imagine a Tarutaru holding I'd say it would look really cool and funny.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #30
David
Need a Bouncer?

I found a release date for FFXI, it may change, but here, March 3rd for North America, but im having a hard time finding a release date for UK, and European area. Remember, the dates may change. I'm also starting to have a hard time to find pics, and scoupes for the game. I wont give up thou.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:05 AM   #31
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

^
I found that out a while ago. It's too close.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 10:17 AM   #32
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
The problem is that at this point in time Square has not made any official announcement regarding a European launch for FFXI. All press releases are referred only to North American or Japan market.

Anyhow, I just had a phone conversation with SCEE, and I asked them about official release dates regarding the launch of "Playstation 2 Online" in Europe. Unfortunately, there is still no official date and they con only stick to a generic Sprin 2003 release date.

I also asked about Everquest Online Adventures for Europe, that will probably be released long before Final Fantasy XI - my Pr contact was able to confirm the release of the game for this year in Europe, even if he was very cautious, as there aren't official announcements about it yet.

Unfortunately, in Europe there are many problems caused by the strong differences between countries, and because of an irregular diffusion of Internet broadband services even in the most important countries.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but all things considered I expect Final Fantasy XI to be released somewhere in Spring 2004 in Europe.

Quote:

I found a release date for FFXI, it may change, but here, March 3rd for North America, but im having a hard time finding a release date for UK, and European area. Remember, the dates may change. I'm also starting to have a hard time to find pics, and scoupes for the game. I wont give up thou.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:01 PM   #33
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:

I'm also starting to have a hard time to find pics, and scoupes for the game. I wont give up thou.
Well, I'll be pullin' for ya, now go out and find those pics!
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 02:26 PM   #34
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
Maybe I'm pessimistic, but all things considered I expect Final Fantasy XI to be released somewhere in Spring 2004 in Europe.
Nope, I refuse to be outdone in the pessimist stakes! the PS2 Version will simply not be released in Europe! ... ok thats a bit too harsh, but I do think that we'll see FFXI in Europe by the end of the year. Only on PC. they'll think about the PS2 later, but regardless, as soon as the PC version is out in the US, it'll be easy to purshase from Europe anyway, and US - Europe PC releases are virtually simultaneous anyway. (eg. Unreal 2 is out on the 4th and 7th respectivly)

Edit: I may as well point out the big FFXI Expansion News going around at the moment: https://www.finalfantasyxi.org/
we can expect all the things currently listed there. Also, in the pictures the Ninja-like clothes suggest a playable Ninja Class, and the Tarataru with the Summoner's horn confirms, along with pictures of the summons Titan, Iftit and Carbuncle, that you can be a Summoner in FFXI : Vision of Ziraat
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 04:31 PM   #35
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally Posted By Harry

I also asked about Everquest Online Adventures for Europe, that will probably released long before Final Fantasy XI - my Pr contact was able to confirm the release of the game for this year in Europe, even if he was very cautious, as there aren't official announcements about it yet.
That is good, for European EQ fans. But Harry, do you think it may delay a little longer than the date set at March for FFXI?
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 04:35 PM   #36
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:

Nope, I refuse to be outdone in the pessimist stakes! the PS2 Version will simply not be released in Europe! ... ok thats a bit too harsh, but I do think that we'll see FFXI in Europe by the end of the year. Only on PC. they'll think about the PS2 later, but regardless, as soon as the PC version is out in the US, it'll be easy to purshase from Europe anyway, and US - Europe PC releases are virtually simultaneous anyway. (eg. Unreal 2 is out on the 4th and 7th respectivly)
You should really not give up Artist, but it would be better if it went out for PC, for you guys, because you said, you well probably get it more on PC? Am I right?

And I ain't to worried about the new Expansion Card for FFXI, we still have the first one to try.

Oh yeah, thank's for the incouragement Trunk's, it would be better if I had the game, and I just took pictures what I would of seen so far.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 04:47 PM   #37
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
And I ain't to worried about the new Expansion Card for FFXI, we still have the first one to try.
the out of Japan Release of this is probably going to be a weird one anyway... Because it's quite likely that they'll release this at the same time or with the basic game... who knows (incidently, it's on a DVD, which could spell trouble for many PC owners anyway)
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 08:05 PM   #38
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

the out of Japan Release of this is probably going to be a weird one anyway... Because it's quite likely that they'll release this at the same time or with the basic game... who knows (incidently, it's on a DVD, which could spell trouble for many PC owners anyway)
Well Artist, I got some pics from FFguild.com, these are probably demo pics of the new FFXI Expansion Card.

https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp1.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp2.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp3.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp4.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp5.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp6.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ff11_exp7.jpeg
https://www.ffguild.com/images/ziraat-den02.jpeg

I think the summoner job is going to be awesome, but the bands on the foreheads with the spike, look like dragoon style?

And your right Artist, there well be a ninja, samuria job, cool!
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 09:14 PM   #39
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:

That is good, for European EQ fans. But Harry, do you think it may delay a little longer than the date set at March for FFXI?
David,

I sincerely think the March release for North America is far from being certain. The official release date for North American remains a generic 2003.

Anyhow, there is also another simple consideration that show how a March 2003 release is very unlikely. As you know, the HDD is needed to play Final Fantasy XI, and at present SCEA don't want to make any official announcement about it.

For curiosity, and to give you a precise answer, I just contacted our Pr contact for SCEA, and he gently asked corporate representatives about updates regarding the release of the HDD in North America - unfortunately they were absolutely unable to give any precise release date or a detailed launch plan.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 09:42 PM   #40
David
Need a Bouncer?

Alright, thank's Harry. I also know that I need a HDD for Final Fantasy XI. Thank you for informing this, it is important to know.