Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #1
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Halo2 chat

No new news to speak of really just wanted to chat with everyone about one of my most anticipated games of... well ever
I read the other day on bunjie that it is now march rather than feb but oh well... any extra time means better stuff and better gameplay... but when it comes out.. .Woohoo!!

So to the topic and question: What do you want to see most in halo2? Are you really anticipating it or do you think it will be just another halo w/ a fresh coat of paint? Will you go online with it as i plan to? well just a few subjects for suggestion.. let me know!

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #2
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Heh. Good timting on the post. I just busted out Halo again yesterday and beat it for the 4th time to reminf me of its greatness and to help me remember the storyline details. Im beggining to get myself hyped for Halo 2.

I think Halo 2 WILL in some ways be Halo with a fresh coat of paint. Because Halo 1 really pushed the X Box to or near its limits. Sure statistically the framaerate could have been better..blah blah blah. But gameplay wise Halo was near perfect. All they can really do to improve it is maybe throw in a better storyline, improve the multi player, and throw in a few new abilitys like Holding 2 guns at once or giving the Army issue assault rifle a scope (That it needed in a BIG way). Its not like were going to see a game thats revamped or anything, like we do in many sequals.

What I am really hoping for though, is more vehicles. Id like to see some Human version of some of the covenant vehicles. Like a small flying army vehicle that mimics the Banshi*. Or a hovering ground vehicle to mimmic the Ghost. I would think they might do that concidering this game will be played on earthand theyre should be an abundance of army vehicles as apposed to Covenant.

But thats not to mention the BIGGEST and most anticipated addition. The ability to play On X Box LIVE. Halo has allready started a multiplayer craze without online support, just imagine what happens when hundreds of thousands of people can jump online and play Halo 2 with tons of other people any time they want. Can you say gaming Nirvanna ?.

Im going to hit up my local gamestop soon and reserve it. Although it will probably be pushed back a dozen times. This of course because the hype has forced them to realease a very premature release date just to please the masses. I wouldnt be suprised if it keeps getting pushed back a few months

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Oct 5th, 2003 at 03:43 PM..
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #3
Rev0lution
Rev0lution Starter

Rev0lution is on a distinguished road
I am hoping that halo didnt push the xbox to its limits otherwise i am rather disappointed in the xbox's capabilities. I know that most of the ps2 games when it started out were barely using the ps2's abilities, and i have yet to see a game that came from the ps2's full potential. Im hoping that halo2 continues to push the xbox and i want to see a game actually push the xbox to its limits.
Rev0lution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I am hoping that halo didnt push the xbox to its limits otherwise i am rather disappointed in the xbox's capabilities. I know that most of the ps2 games when it started out were barely using the ps2's abilities, and i have yet to see a game that came from the ps2's full potential. Im hoping that halo2 continues to push the xbox and i want to see a game actually push the xbox to its limits.
well...maybe it dint push it all the way to its limits. But I SERIOSULY doubt were going to see any substantial improvements graphically

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 03:50 PM   #5
Rev0lution
Rev0lution Starter

I think we will in the future i mean look at the ps2 for example when madden came out for it they said wow look at the graphics there's its limits then bam metal gear solid 2 comes and and show significant graphical superiority if that is even proper english i dunno.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #6
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I think we will in the future i mean look at the ps2 for example when madden came out for it they said wow look at the graphics there's its limits then bam metal gear solid 2 comes and and show significant graphical superiority if that is even proper english i dunno.
Well...I get where your coming from but I must point out that Madden has always scored very well in the graphics department and has scored very similarly to the MGS games. So I dont think its fair to say MGS claims "Signifficant graphical superirority" no matter how cool it sounds

Correct me if im wrong but I think there is a coriltation between how much graphical output can be produced and how much is put into the rest of the game (If that makes any sence). Think about it. In madden they have to render well over 20 indevidualy designed characters (Players and what not) . Where as in MGS they only have to render One person (Snake) and a few identicle opponents per load . It seems like they would be able to put alot more into rendering Snake, than say Terrell Owens or Randy Moss.

You may be right though, im not going to pretend to know alot about the technical aspect of Console gaming. Everything I said above may be wrong, its just me trying to make sence of something I know little about. If someone out there knows alot about this, please, elaborate

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #7
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

I think that Halo2 is already looking pretty damn good.. and they havent even gotten the gloss put on it yet... the screens arent that impressive but if you look at the new system they are using for bump mapping it makes the enviornments look so much better.
Plus i personally cant wait for 4 player co-op and online multiplayer. I am out of competition except for the azuma_ninja around my area... So when online comes around i will have to learn all over again! I know i am good around here.. but online i have every halo player from here to africa playing.. god i cant wait.. can you say i need speed??? gotta stay up for those huge tourneys.. and i hear from an xbox rep i know that microsoft is coming out w/ their own router... so then i can hook both of my xboxes up and play either in the living room or my bedroom... OOO YEAH!!!

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #8
Rev0lution
Rev0lution Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

Well...I get where your coming from but I must point out that Madden has always scored very well in the graphics department and has scored very similarly to the MGS games. So I dont think its fair to say MGS claims "Signifficant graphical superirority" no matter how cool it sounds

Correct me if im wrong but I think there is a coriltation between how much graphical output can be produced and how much is put into the rest of the game (If that makes any sence). Think about it. In madden they have to render well over 20 indevidualy designed characters (Players and what not) . Where as in MGS they only have to render One person (Snake) and a few identicle opponents per load . It seems like they would be able to put alot more into rendering Snake, than say Terrell Owens or Randy Moss.

You may be right though, im not going to pretend to know alot about the technical aspect of Console gaming. Everything I said above may be wrong, its just me trying to make sence of something I know little about. If someone out there knows alot about this, please, elaborate
What about Raiden? The Ninja when you played as them?
Not a big point but o well i know where coming from too.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #9
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
originally posted by trunks69420

Quote:
but oh well... any extra time means better stuff and better gameplay... but when it comes out.. .Woohoo!!

Not always true man. Take a look at the new Tomb Raider game. How many times was that pushed back and look how crappy a game that turned out to be. Though I don't beleive this to be true the people in charge of halo 2 know what they're doing so I'm confident that this game will rock.

What I'm looking forward to most from Halo 2 is the 4 player co-op mode. With the halo pros that I hang out with (trunks69420 being one of them) this game will be torn up Can't wait!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #10
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja
Not always true man. Take a look at the new Tomb Raider game. How many times was that pushed back and look how crappy a game that turned out to be.
What I'm looking forward to most from Halo 2 is the 4 player co-op mode. With the halo pros that I hang out with (trunks69420 being one of them) this game will be torn up Can't wait!
Very true on the tomb raider man... but i trust bunjie... i mean halo was soo good that even if it was just a clone w/ new levels and shit.. i would still be happy.. not as happy.. but still pretty damn happy

And you know we will def do the co op mutha fuka! I cant wait.. then you always have the online part.. and i am soooo happy bout that

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #11
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Wait a minute !. Did I just hear the name Tomb Raider mentioned ina Halo 2 post !?. Ok well...i guess as it was used thats acceptable. But please, no more talk about TR, I just ate

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #12
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

Quote:

Wait a minute !. Did I just hear the name Tomb Raider mentioned ina Halo 2 post !?. Ok well...i guess as it was used thats acceptable. But please, no more talk about TR, I just ate
LMAO thats great man.. well i promise never to mention that game again.. well for a while anyways.. or at least untill i need to compare and contrast good to bad

Had a nice tourney of halo this evening w/ my brota's azumaninja and stormshadow... and i was Victorious Damn i keep getting better and better.. When halo2 comes out hopefully someone out there will be able to put me down! And yes that is a challenge

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #13
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

I think once Halo 2 hits Live theres going to be a lot of reality checks being delved out. I have a good frind named Mike who claims he is the best in the world at Halo. Ill admit he's good, I mean, Ive seen him single handedly beat a team of 8 people by himself . But it usually seems no matter how good you are, theres someone out there whos better. I wouldnt be too suprised if he got put in his place along with alot of other people who think theyre the best once the game is released.

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #14
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

Dont get me wrong.. i am good.. but i have no false illusions that i am "the best in the world"... But when it does hit live.. i cant wait.. even if i do get my ass handed to me.. i will keep coming back for more.. then i will become the greatest...
Ask my friends who i play Halo w/.. i used to not even be able to get 5 kills.. now i usually win.. the only person who can even touch me is azuma... and that is even dwindling *j/k man* So if i work hard enough at it.. someday i will be the greatest!

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #15
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
but i have no false illusions that i am "the best in the world"...
I wasnt reffering to you in particular. Im just saying my friend Mike DOES have that allusion

Quote:
But when it does hit live.. I cant wait.. even if i do get my ass handed to me
Same here. I will probably get owned for a while sence I dont play it multi player at all

Quote:
the only person who can even touch me is azuma... and that is even dwindling *j/k man* So if i work hard enough at it.. someday i will be the greatest!
When we all get Halo 2 maybe we can hook up online and get some PS2 fantasy games going. Ill have it, you'll have it, and im sure alot more of us will too.

Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:01 PM   #16
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Nice thread!

Why does "oWdEd" got to do with live man? who cares im just going to enjoy, everones a noobie and then you play the game to death, let me drive one of them big air ships please and crash it into to vicious warthog
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #17
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

Quote:
When we all get Halo 2 maybe we can hook up online and get some PS2 fantasy games going. Ill have it, you'll have it, and im sure alot more of us will too.
Hell yeah man.. any time.. anywhere.. as soon as i get that game i will live w/ that headset attatched to my head I know azuma will be down, and we have a crew that is always down.. so halo a plenty and we will have to make a few ps2 alumni only game and take on others.. team battles hook up w/ other posse's and shut their shit down.. damn this game has so many possiblities..

I'm as gitty as a school girl

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:13 PM   #18
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

Well... I was just thinking more about this game and i decided i would try and revive any interest that anyone has in it... Does anyone have big plans for online play? I know i certainly do... Recently me and two of my best friends split up by a difference of like 6 hours... So me and my one halo bro left are gonna challenge those bitches to a match... thank god for live... I was hoping that perhaps we can have A ps2fantasy team when the time comes that would rock... double guns

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:49 PM   #19
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by trunks69420
Does anyone have big plans for online play?
if it could show me something new, that i haven't seen before, and is actually fun, i'd be interested in doing it "clan style". It would probably help if I actually had an XBox though (add me to the list of idiots who is clinging to the remote chance that it'll see a PC release)

Halo MP doesn't seem so impressive (pc version), or anything particuarly new, so theoretically (as in, "theoretically if i had an xbox") if Halo 2 is simply rehashes the same multiplayer in Halo, it wouldn't win me over from UT2004 (providing that doesn't suck like 2003 did - previewers are hopeful, but i've been very disappointed with sequels recently). I'm hopefully going broadband soon, so i'll actually be getting a bit more multiplay in.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:53 PM   #20
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Stop comparing UNREAL to HALO lol, unreal much more fast paced and halo more of the story typed action.