Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Urban Legends

Do you know any? Please share them! I like reading these stories.

I have one myself:

Near the cathedral of the city where I was born, there is a very old house, all made of grey bricks. Looks like a medieval building. There are always lights on in that house, which anyway is very tiny and has no more than a couple of windows. I've been told there lives a very old woman, who never goes out. Nobody knows how she can live there, without any human contact. Somebody says she drinks lots of milk and eats soup. Her shadow can be seen, especially in winter evenings, behind the curtains. But she never opens the windows of the house, so nobody really knows what she looks like. I went there last month, to visit relatives, and the light was still on, as usual.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #2
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Heres some common urban legends that our teachers would tell us. These are all in my town, the lovely town Meriden of Connecticut.

Meriden - Hubbard Park - A young girl was said to be kidnapped and brought into some woods at Hubbard Park and now haunts the park. She will save those being kidnapped of killed and kill the ones who are kidnapping or killing. She is said to look like a 7-year-old girl and she will laugh when she kills someone bad.

Meriden - The Black Dog of Meriden is said to roam the streets of Meriden. Appears as a sleek black dog, resembling a Labrador retriever, though much more menacing. The dog is said to appear extremely evil and will stare you down. If a person sees the black dog once, it is considered good luck. Seeing the Dog twice is a warning of impending death. If the dog stares you in the eye for a third time, it is said you will die very soon.

Meriden - East Side of Town - The haunting of Nancy - There is a local legend of "Naps." She is a middle-aged woman who was killed in front of her house one night a long time ago. Her real name was Nancy but everyone called her Naps because they were so frightened of her, especially the local kids. Explorers went to the place where she was supposed to have died, (and now is haunting), east road in Meriden. Many people have recently sighted the legendary ghost of "Nancy." She roams the back roads of the east side of Meriden. It is said she is looking for her dog and the people who killed her.

Meriden - Metal factory - There is an old metal factory in downtown Meriden. It has been closed for about 10 years now. There is also an electrical plant that is connected to the metal factory. There are object the get thrown across the room, Noises coming from the upper floor, and sound of people climbing the ladder going up to the third level of the building, as well as orbs in the pictures taken on all three floors of the building.

Meriden - Undercliff Institution - Back in the early 1900's till the 30's and 40's near the Undercliff Institution there was a sanatorium made for sick children with diseases like rubella, mumps, German measles etc. Most of the children were brought there to die. The old brick building still stands near the old institution. Residents say that they can hear children crying and laughing. They are seen in the windows but only to vanish before you. Undercliff is now an abandoned building that is host to many different sightings. Reports of hearing former patients running around corners and down hallways to escape orderlies, and faint screams being heard form rooms where shock therapy was supposedly administered. Also sightings of a former patient who was murdered by a group of other patients with plastic utensils from the commissary walk the old courtyard.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing REChick! Those were cool stories!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #4
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Around where I live there is a small bridge that people call crybaby bridge (it seems like every state seems to have a crybaby bridge...). People say that about 50 years ago a young woman had a baby that she didnt want and instead of putting it up for adoption, shortly after it was born she drowned it in the water under that bridge. At night if you are real quiet you are supposed to be able to hear a baby cry.

One day me and a friend of mine were driving over that bridge. He had to go take a leak so he stopped on the bridge and went. As he got in the car we heard a faint "Wahh". As soon as we heard it we looked at each other and both said "You heard that?". Then a few seconds later we heard it again. Scared the crap out of us and he sped up and got the hell out of there. Im sure there was a pretty rational explination to it, perhaps the wind blowing against trees or something but man was that spooky.

Another legend I know of is about a goatman that is half goat, half human. In a city near where I live there is an agricultural research center and it is said a scientist there was doing experiments with goats. One day one of these experiments went wrong and the scientist started slowly turning into a goat. When his condition got so bad that he couldnt hide, he ran to live into the woods and tried to fine a way to reverse the effects. He was never able to do that but the transformation never fully happened and the bottom half of him is a goat and the top is a human. Eventually the research center figured out where he hid and put signs up saying "Quarantine Area: No tresspassers. Violators will be arrested and prosecuted." in order to prevent people from wandering into the area and seeing the guy. Some people say you are able to see goat prints if you look closely enough.

Last edited by Chara; Jun 19th, 2006 at 07:05 PM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Pope Benedict XVI is a gulash fanatic. Is this urban legend enough?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Zebraman

Zebraman is on a distinguished road
The candyman is a classic. Nearly every town has a candyman.
Zebraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM   #7
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
about 30 minutes from my town theres an old watermill and it is said that in the early late 1800s a man and his daughter used to run the mill, well one day the girl was wearing a scarf and it somehow caught on the mill and she was choked to death. after being told this by my multimedia teacher me and one of my friends went up there with some drinks and we hung out for about an hour before we said screw it and began drinking. after thirty minutes we started feeling someone around us (you know that feeling that someone is behind you) yea, and after that we heard some steps and we just sat there for about 10 more minutes and the steps were getting closer so we bounced, and i left my 40 in there so i ran back to get it and i swear i felt someone feel my back as i grabbed my bottle. after that I ran my ass out and we drove away.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:31 AM   #8
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer
about 30 minutes from my town theres an old watermill and it is said that in the early late 1800s a man and his daughter used to run the mill, well one day the girl was wearing a scarf and it somehow caught on the mill and she was choked to death. after being told this by my multimedia teacher me and one of my friends went up there with some drinks and we hung out for about an hour before we said screw it and began drinking. after thirty minutes we started feeling someone around us (you know that feeling that someone is behind you) yea, and after that we heard some steps and we just sat there for about 10 more minutes and the steps were getting closer so we bounced, and i left my 40 in there so i ran back to get it and i swear i felt someone feel my back as i grabbed my bottle. after that I ran my ass out and we drove away.
nah, you guys were just drunk, and imagining things.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 01:05 AM   #9
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
haha most likely